Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

21 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

But how many times did we beg for some of that dirt to come out over the past 10-15 years? Because it was obvious with the way this asshole ran things that it had to be there.

Guaranteed that there is a lot more too. Those NDAs that he makes everyone sign should be illegal.

I've been a vocal critic.  But I don't recall saying or anyone else I bet there is some specific sexual harassment scandal cooking there with Dan at the center of it.  

We've wanted him busted for something relating to racism or some type of death knell trangression that would do him in --  but I don't recall anyone saying we know he did it. 

And I wouldn't expect for Rivera from 1000 feet away in Carolina to be thinking about Dan like we've obsessed on for years. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

4 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Gibbs is easily fooled because Snyder is a "kiss up, kick down" type of boss...nice to people he admires because they're famous, and a complete waste of a human being to everyone else. Sometimes I wonder how Gibbs became successful with that level of naivete, by the way.

Feinstein was on the Junkies this morning, talking about his most recent Snyder article and adding some more info. For one, he said an unnamed NFL owner went to a meeting and sat with Snyder because he felt sorry for him that no one else would sit with Snyder. After they took a vote on a minor issue, which the owner and Snyder disagreed on, Snyder asked him "why are you such a blankety blank?"

The owner responded that they can disagree on something and still be professional, and Snyder replied "blank you."

He also retole the Steve Bischotti story where Snyder demaned Bischotti call him "Mr. Snyder" on a conference call. Bischotti responded with his own "blank you" and hung up.

So many versions of this type of story with Dan.

He's the biggest douche personality wise among the owners.  And also the most delusional and incompetent.

The sad thing is if you look back at when he would have the guts to talk once in a blue moon to the media he loved to sell how much he changed and how much he learned.  Clearly, he hasn't learned one whit.

When some argue with me that if Dan dumped Ron, he can actually upgrade on him because Dan for his faults can still attract the big names.  Personally, I don't think so by a long shot.  I don't even think he'd have gotten Ron if all of the stuff that came after the hire happened beforehand.  

In the past, Dan could at least try to sell he was young and foolish but now he's wiser line.  Now, that line is laughable.  Worse than that, Dan has cemented himself as a loser.  Back then he was a loser who tried to sell that he was on the verge of being a winner because of how much he's changed.  Now that again is laughable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

There is absolutely nothing they can do that will rekindle the fanatcism I once had as long as Snyder stays.  Absolutely nothing.

Even a Super Bowl win (LMAO) would only register like mild, begrudging satisfaction similar to a sad handjob.

My feelings exactly. Won’t go to the stadium, won’t buy merchandise. Not a penny as long as Snyder stays. I don’t even want them to win a Super Bowl with Snyder because that would lock him in forever. 
If otoh by some miracle he were gone, I would go get season tickets tomorrow. 

’86 Snyder’ is a great handle!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

There is absolutely nothing they can do that will rekindle the fanatcism I once had as long as Snyder stays.  Absolutely nothing.

Even a Super Bowl win (LMAO) would only register like mild, begrudging satisfaction similar to a sad handjob.

Yeah, I think a huge subset of the fanbase that existed pre-Snyder is gone for good. Not all are "gone" in the literal sense that they go hiking or to art museums every fall Sunday (I'm sure some do), but "gone" in that they don't care and will never care nearly as much. The passion they had under Cooke, Gibbs, etc. will never be rekindled. And, I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that even 10 straight undefeated seasons and the Commanders turning into the greatest dynasty of all-time would change that. 

The hope that this organization can cling to, in my opinion, is that a rebrand is successful and can hook a new group of fans. I'm sure it will keep some holdovers too. Maybe this is easier for me since I'm already gone, but it almost makes more sense for them to stop trying with the older fans. Turn their back on the history and the people who were like me and just look forward. This isn't the Redskins anymore. Those Super Bowl trophies from the 1980s may as well be NFL titles from the 1930s and 1940s that I read about as a kid at this point. 

The stadiums is about to be in its second new location since those years. The name is different. The uniforms are different. The owner is different. Create something new and hope it catches fire to bring in new people, because 80-90% of what you inherited is gone. It does them no good to try to straddle the fence to appease the 56-year old wearing a Riggo jersey anymore. That ship has sailed. 

And, by the way, just because I can say that objectively...doesn't mean I'm rooting for it to work. I want nothing more than for Snyder to fail because he sucks ass and he's a giant dildo. But, if I was giving legit advice, that's what I'd tell him to do. I hope he doesn't read that. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yeah, I think a huge subset of the fanbase that existed pre-Snyder is gone for good. Not all are "gone" in the literal sense that they go hiking or to art museums every fall Sunday (I'm sure some do), but "gone" in that they don't care and will never care nearly as much. The passion they had under Cooke, Gibbs, etc. will never be rekindled. And, I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that even 10 straight undefeated seasons and the Commanders turning into the greatest dynasty of all-time would change that. 

The hope that this organization can cling to, in my opinion, is that a rebrand is successful and can hook a new group of fans. I'm sure it will keep some holdovers too. Maybe this is easier for me since I'm already gone, but it almost makes more sense for them to stop trying with the older fans. Turn their back on the history and the people who were like me and just look forward. This isn't the Redskins anymore. Those Super Bowl trophies from the 1980s may as well be NFL titles from the 1930s and 1940s that I read about as a kid at this point. 

The stadiums is about to be in its second new location since those years. The name is different. The uniforms are different. The owner is different. Create something new and hope it catches fire to bring in new people, because 80-90% of what you inherited is gone. It does them no good to try to straddle the fence to appease the 56-year old wearing a Riggo jersey anymore. That ship has sailed. 

And, by the way, just because I can say that objectively...doesn't mean I'm rooting for it to work. I want nothing more than for Snyder to fail because he sucks ass and he's a giant dildo. But, if I was giving legit advice, that's what I'd tell him to do. I hope he doesn't read that. 

I’m one, and I would be back. Less passion sure, just based on being 25 years older, but other than that I’d be pretty much all the way back in if he is ousted. All I need as a fan is hope, something I simply do not have anymore, 100% due to Snyder’s presence.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think it’s laughable to suggest that if the team were to start winning Super Bowls, no one would come back. Maybe there’s a segment that’s been killed off for good, but if they somehow, someway ever became a legitimate super bowl winning team and won 2 Super Bowls in 3 years or something like that, fans would come back in droves. And I think the newer era of fans that would naturally come from being that good would make up more than the ones that were killed off. But that’s just me. But I don’t think we are going to have to worry about winning two super bowls in three years haha. So moot point. 

To be clear, the very second Snyder is no longer the owner, I will be 100% back on board.  Depending where the stadium is I’d probably get season tickets.  Until that happens, there is absolutely nothing they can do to make me a passionate fan.

All this Super Bowl and undefeated season talk is just pointless to discuss because we live in reality but even that wouldn’t do it if Snyder is involved. I’d feel like an outsider.  In fact it would probably just piss me off to be honest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

There's a politico article, which I will post in the tailgate; about how the gop is Dan's secret weapon; when I get home after 3.

Here's the link to the thread in the Tailgate.  Even though it was about Dan; it was a Politico article; so I put it there.

If you want to comment on it, go here:

https://es.redskins.com/topic/450421-politico-dan-snyder%E2%80%99s-secret-weapon-republicans/

Don't comment on it here, since it's politics.

4 hours ago, CommanderCarson said:

I think it’s laughable to suggest that if the team were to start winning Super Bowls, no one would come back. Maybe there’s a segment that’s been killed off for good, but if they somehow, someway ever became a legitimate super bowl winning team and won 2 Super Bowls in 3 years or something like that, fans would come back in droves. And I think the newer era of fans that would naturally come from being that good would make up more than the ones that were killed off. But that’s just me. But I don’t think we are going to have to worry about winning two super bowls in three years haha. So moot point. 

The majority of those fans would be new. The old fans that left will not come back.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

He also retole the Steve Bischotti story where Snyder demaned Bischotti call him "Mr. Snyder" on a conference call. Bischotti responded with his own "blank you" and hung up.

Just when you thought you'd heard it all...

What a clown.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Can you imagine how much worse it would be if Gibbs hadn't come back? We likely wouldn't have had a playoff victory since 1999...Snyder's first year!

Meh......I've often said on here that I was as euphoric as anyone when the announcement was made that Gibbs was coming back, but when I stepped back, thought "how long is a 64 year old who has been away from the sidelines for as long as Gibbs had was going to last?"

The expectations were probably set too high for him, and of course it was hard to actually predict that Joe's second stint here would only last four years.  Its also hard to blame Snyder for making the move at the time, but you have to wonder if it was in the best long-term interests of the organization. Of course, the retreads bandied about at the time (Fassel, Rhodes, Green) weren't either. Were we even considering another young OC or DC?

The results were blah.  People talk about the two playoff appearances and one playoff win, but forget about the two crappy seasons, including 5-11 in 2006 when the team did not score ONE offensive TD in three divisional away games.

IMO, people don't rationally discuss Gibbs 2 because of the magic Joe worked during his first stint here.

Edited by hail2skins

20 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Del Rio is telling some guy on Twitter to bite deez nuts.   I mean, seriously?

I just naturally assumed you were speaking figuratively but for one of the very rare times on the internet you were literally speaking literally...

Wow! 

DISCLAIMER: Been busy all day so excuse me for entering this party late but it was too juicy to resist.. Apologies if this subject has already been discussed to oblivion.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Meh......I've often said on here that I was as euphoric as anyone when the announcement was made that Gibbs was coming back, but when I stepped back, thought "how long is a 64 year old who has been away from the sidelines for as long as Gibbs had was going to last?"

The expectations were probably set too high for him, and of course it was hard to actually predict that Joe's second stint here would only last four years.  Its also hard to blame Snyder for making the move at the time, but you have to wonder if it was in the best long-term interests of the organization. Of course, the retreads bandied about at the time (Fassel, Rhodes, Green) weren't either. Were we even considering another young OC or DC?

The results were blah.  People talk about the two playoff appearances and one playoff win, but forget about the two crappy seasons, including 5-11 in 2006 when the team did not score ONE offensive TD in three divisional away games.

IMO, people don't rationally discuss Gibbs 2 because of the magic Joe worked during his first stint here.

As mediocre as Gibbs 2 was; he still has done something no other Snyder coach has. 2 playoff appearances .

That’s sad.

I felt Joe was never comfortable with the modern game.

Considering the first fan revolt was after Spurrier; Danny boy had to do something big to quell the anger. 

Of course that anger returned after Zorn. Fan revolt 2.

By the time he got to Ron; most didn’t care and were gone.

22 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

I just naturally assumed you were speaking figuratively but for one of the very rare times on the internet you were literally speaking literally...

Wow! 

DISCLAIMER: Been busy all day so excuse me for entering this party late but it was too juicy to resist.. Apologies if this subject has already been discussed to oblivion.

I’m guessing he was a few bottles deep yesterday. The guy also congratulated Wes Unseld Jr on becoming wizards coach….on a tweet from TEN months ago 😂 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

When some argue with me that if Dan dumped Ron, he can actually upgrade on him because Dan for his faults can still attract the big names.  Personally, I don't think so by a long shot.  I don't even think he'd have gotten Ron if all of the stuff that came after the hire happened beforehand.  

There is no chance Ron comes here with the workplace misconduct scandal alive and well.  The name change thing, COVID, all the other stuff, maybe.

The workplace misconduct stuff?  No chance.  

I’m somewhat surprised he didn’t call it quits sighting health reasons after the season. 

6 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

Wasn't he deep into his football mode then? 

On July 17th? That was still during the off time before training camp. Congratulating a wizards coach ten months late is a biiiiit strange 😂 

@skinsfan4128 what exactly do you find confusing? Where’s the disconnect with what i said? 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

I have been playing the "what will rock bottom be" and when game. My latest bet it on McClaurin refusing to sign here. Why would he want to stay here?

Because if he chooses not to he loses $20m.

And the offense could be really good this year. 

And the players like each other and the coaches. 

Something important to realize: the players have significantly less of an issue with Dan than the fans do.  

There is not a rebellion of players vs. Dan. That’s the fans.

Bruce was a disaster because he was hated by the agents and players also.  But he’s gone. 

Players and agents (minus MI’s agent who got butt hurt) generally respect Ron, Martin and Marty.  

It’s never going to happen, there is too much history at this point, but if fans could separate supporting the team from supporting Dan, this could be a good team and fun to watch.  But because of the revolt against ownership, even if it is a good team, they will play all of their games in front of a majority of opposing fans.  

Which is unfortunate.  Ron and the players deserve better.  And they can’t do anything about Dan. But they’re bearing the brunt of the revolt anyway.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I’m guessing he was a few bottles deep yesterday. The guy also congratulated Wes Unseld Jr on becoming wizards coach….on a tweet from TEN months ago 😂 

Bottles? Sounds like he was damn near hallucinating.

Now he may have been chasing his high with hard liquor but me thinks Jack was hitting or popping or shooting something a might bit stronger to reach that level of public madness

"Ketamine is one hell of a drug."

Rick James

• Haha 1

Ron took the job because he got the power that no other team would’ve given him. He didn’t even wait for the other openings to happen. He let Joe and Dan convince him.

So, I don’t Feel sorry for him. This team was a ****show Before he came. Then when he came, more details of the ****show has trickled out.

Just do your ****ing job. You moves better pan out; or it’s assistant coaching for you. You will never get another head coaching job again.

We already know Ron’s successor will be a Jim Zorn type. Gm Dan will be back and Gm Dan probably drafting another qb.

On 5/26/2022 at 7:03 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Nope. Dan sucked the joy of rooting for this team and people aren’t coming back , because Dan is there. Any enjoyment of Dan; is too much.

Ron’s Carolina success came:

13-playoffs 

14-playoffs with losing record 

15- SuperBowl loss 

17- playoffs

4 trips in 5 years. He had Cam in his prime and as time passes; it will be shown that having Cam is what drove that success.

Ron will not field a consistent winner here. This team of non back to back playoff years; will continue.

We make the playoffs, fully expect us to crash and burn in 23.

No offense man but this is an insanely flawed argument. So Cam is what drove all the success huh? Maybe thats because most Qbs do. Most coaches cant succeed without a legit qb. Most coaches arent winning anything without a legit QB. Bill Belichick is 69-76 with 2 playoff appearances and 1 playoff win in 9 seasons without Tom Brady. 

• Like 3

NFL

Dan Snyder’s Commanders are a failed state

Washington losing stadium deal support from lawmakers

The Washington Commanders are a crumbling empire. The once thriving franchise has been reduced to something worse than a laughingstock over the last two decades. The Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars and New York Giants are a joke. Dan Snyder’s dysfunctional Washington Commanders are a waking nightmare. For someone like me who spent his early childhood a few football fields from the then-new FedEx Field it’s been tough. Since the dawn of my consciousness as a fan of the Washington Football John Does, Snyder’s depravity has pockmarked my experience every step of the way. He assumed ownership in 1999 just in time to meddle with a surging 10-6 team in conspicuous fashion by cleaning house, firing the general manager who built the team, failed miserably trying to buy a superteam and has steadily tanked their brand since.

An entire generation has only witnessed the franchise being run by a corrupt deviant who interferes in the affairs of his organization’s football operations. The NFL has investigated him for repeated instances of sexual misconduct. Congress has even opened several proceedings into the behavior of Snyder and financial improprieties. Attorney generals’ offices in Virginia and the District of Columbia are investigating the franchise’s executives, including Snyder, for breaking financial laws. In April, the Commanders’ former VP of sales and customer service, Jason Friedman, alleged under oath that the team had “two sets of books.” One which was given to the NFL that “underreported certain ticket revenue,” and another which had accurate revenues, per the letter.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 5/27/2022 at 2:39 PM, hail2skins said:

You probably havent really looked at the history of the franchise.  Since the beginning of the NFL some 55 years ago, how many years have the Redskins/WFT/Commanders won a playoff game......where Joe Gibbs wasnt the coach?

The answer is two.  In 55 years.  If we win 3 playoff games over the next several years, it will be the teams best stretch in the past 30 years, the best by any coach not named Gibbs in the history of the franchise, and tied for as many wins as all other coaches combined.

3 hours ago, Peregrine said:

You probably havent really looked at the history of the franchise.  Since the beginning of the NFL some 55 years ago, how many years have the Redskins/WFT/Commanders won a playoff game......where Joe Gibbs wasnt the coach?

The answer is two.  In 55 years.  If we win 3 playoff games over the next several years, it will be the teams best stretch in the past 30 years, the best by any coach not named Gibbs in the history of the franchise, and tied for as many wins as all other coaches combined.

The NFL is now over 100 years old. The Washington Redskins won championships in 1937 and 1942 led by a QB named Sammy Baugh. If you had "really looked at the history of the franchise," you would know that Sammy Baugh was a significant part of it.

But yes, this franchise overall was piss-poor for roughly 25 years before 1971 and has been for roughly 30 years since 1992. I think I acknowledged the Gibbs 1 era was magical. Gibbs 2 was part of the recent 30 years of mediocrity.

• Like 3