Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

12 minutes ago, Conn said:

This feels like a basic misunderstanding of what would get Snyder out. Nobody was ever counting on criminal charges or civil suits. Getting this on the owners radar is what we needed, not charges being brought. None of the rest of that matters if the NFL decides to take a second look at the books and/or the owners are just pissed off enough to force him out. All it takes are 31 rich dudes (or less) doing the cost benefit analysis on keeping Snyder around and finally changing their minds. Whatever the Oversight Committee or the FTC or anyone else brings to the table is just more ammo for them to consider. 

The fear of a league-wide investigation might be exactly what forces the owners to drop the hammer on Snyder so they look as concerned about taking care of this in-house as possible, but who knows.  There may come a time when NOT appearing to take it seriously makes them look complicit, as Sally Jenkins wrote in that article today.

Regardless of what happens to Dan; the government needs to look At the nfl.

• Like 2

There is one thing I am really curious about and it will be telling. If Dan did in fact take money from the fans (basically on the refund issue), this alone should be enough to remove him. You are stealing from the people that allow you to exist. 

if this is found to be true and the NFL doesn’t remove Dan, I will take that as the NFL doesn’t believe fans are worth a damn. We already know that employed women aren’t worth a damn in their eyes, now we could see what the NFL thinks of the people spending money on their products.

it’s obvious Dan doesn’t care about us. But, if the NFL doesn’t care, then why should we?

What an idiot this guy is. He cheated people in order to get enough money to buy the team and now he is cheating the fans of the very team he grew up rooting for. I hope he loses everything. He’s absolutely disgusting.

If he does happen to sell, I think it’s awful that he will make so much money off this. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

Summary of what sports law guy said...not exactly verbatim but close enough:

SLG: The details go into specifics that jumped out at me, it's a more convincing claim by the person making it because there are also emails. It's certainly a problem for the Commanders--if true.

Keim: Did any of the allegations jump out that could be more problematic?

SLG: From an NFL standpoint the idea that they're using 2 sets of books--if that's true--is a big deal...not necessarily from the law but in terms of how the NFL will react to it. Have any other teams done this? I don't know. If that same investigation looked at other teams could other teams be doing the same thing?I have no idea. The idea of not returning security deposits is really going to aggravate people who spent a lot of money. If I were a fan I would be pretty angry. That's also going to get the attention of the FTC and state attorneys generals.

Keim: From a law perspective, what would you need to see? Everything seems damning right now, so what would you need to see?

SLG: One is let's look at the emails. It's fine to see excerpts of them and a summary of them, but sometimes context is not put into it. I'd want to see everything. Also, this looks like this was not testimony but was from an interview, which isn't the same thing. Doesn't mean it's not true but with sworn testimony the witness has the risk of being charged with perjury. If this was just an interview, there's still a risk of being charged with obstruction of justice or lying to the government., but it's not quite the same. Also, there are a lot of people referenced in this, right. I'd want to hear from them. Maybe we will. But there are two sides to every story, so I'd want to know more.

Keim: What does this mean for Dan Snyder's ownership?

SLG: We haven't seen an owner kicked out by a vote...will this be the one that does it? I guess it's possible, but...it's really hard to expel an owner. It requires three quarters of the other teams to go along with it, and like we talked about earlier, this ticket stuff...is Washington the only team doing it? If there are other teams doing it, any element of this, whether it be not sharing revenue, whether it be one game goes to another, whether it be directing fans from buying cheap seats, if any of that is occurring with other teams they should be a little bit (hesitant? couldn't tell) before they jump in and attack because people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. I'd want to know more about other teams before jumping to "this is the end of Daniel Snyder". He's faced a lot of stuff and there's never been a vote. There's never been a recommendation that he be expelled (I'm assuming he means by the league). If it turns out that this is true and that other teams are not doing something like it, yeah, he could be at some risk. But there is a lot of daylight between those two scenarios.

Keim: If there's an investigation, do you think they will go to other teams and investigate them?

SLG: That's a good question. If I'm the FTC my instinct would be "They're not the only one." So they could launch a league-wide investigation, conceivably. What makes this one team so different?--yeah, I realize they have Dan Snyder as an owner, he's unpopular...but if I'm looking at this I'm going to say once you see evidence of one team doing it, it just invites the question that there are more.

Went on to say Snyder could delay things for a long time, the FTC has a lot of power and he wouldn't be able to stop that...but once it becomes a criminal issue there are things he could respond with that would help him. Reiterated that an investigation would start with wanting to see the actual emails and not selected ones, and will want to talk to all the people in those emails. Would think "What makes this one team so unique" and would want to see if this is a pattern across the league. Republicans have said this is a disgruntled employee whose claims have not been verified by others yet...so Repubs would look for others who would rebut what Friedman is claiming, say that he was mischaracterizing what was going on and will go on record saying this isn't true. Lot of people in those emails so maybe one of them will say "This isn't true." Friedman was a long-time employee so that doesn't help the team. Thinks we'll hear some sort of response from the people named in the emails. Their lawyers will offer a robust rebuttal. The team's lawyers will also as well. FTC will probably issue a statement but won't yield any immediate returns. NFL will says something similar.

Annnnd never occurred to me to just link to the podcast lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

The best part in this is that we're talking those 650k emails that were sent out, most presumably by Dan Snyder himself against Bruce Allen that got John Gruden out already and are now going to bite Dan's ass back and the whole NFL.

At this point, owners shouldn't worry about Dan going nuclear on them, his incompetence already put them under the light of possible investigation. What could he be doing worse to them?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Well boys and girls the old man is finally worn out from all the double fistings and heading to sleep. Calling it quits for the night after a good days work. --sigh--

Alas, there was a time when I could go all night and well into the next day double fisting everything in sight before turning off my computer and still have some energy left over to double fist a few scraggly posts from my laptop while laying in bed before closing my eyes and calling it a night.

Those days are long gone. I'm just too sore and exhausted to go on.

The old man is finally completely spent.

But before I go I also want to thank  all of you that were kind enough to give me some double fistings of my own to handle.

That don't happen much to me nowadays but the old man surely appreciated the effort it took. I'm much obliged.

I must say though, on balance, when it comes to double fisting posts the ancient adage certainly applies: "It is far more rewarding to give than to receive."

Let us hope that this day will live on in the annals (did I spell that right?) of Washington football history.

And perhaps one day long after Snyder and his stench is finally removed from our beloved franchise we will commemorate this day annually as  sacredly and with as much reverence as Mexicans do during The Day Of The Dead.

We shall call it: "El Dia De Los Doble Puno"

The Day of the Double Fist.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

5 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

SLG: We haven't seen an owner kicked out by a vote...will this be the one that does it? I guess it's possible, but...it's really hard to expel an owner. It requires three quarters of the other teams to go along with it, and like we talked about earlier, this ticket stuff...is Washington the only team doing it? If there are other teams doing it, any element of this, whether it be not sharing revenue, whether it be one game goes to another, whether it be directing fans from buying cheap seats, if any of that is occurring with other teams they should be a little bit (hesitant? couldn't tell) before they jump in and attack because people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

It's great, isn't it? He's right, of course. But if one owner is doing criminal type things and gets caught... it's cool. Because other owners are, too. And they won't force each other out because it makes them look guilty.  What a world we live in.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Yeah I know...they sports law guy was saying that. His point, though, was that the FTC most likely wouldn't get too invested in the ticket sales "juicing" stuff and would leave that to the NFL to decide if it's worth pursuing. He also kept emphasizing that it's too one-sided right now, that he'd want to see all of the emails and not just read a summary or excerpts of emails because he'd want to know the context of those excerpts...as well as talk to any and all people mentioned or part of the email chain to have them shed more light on what's being discussed. Keim kept asking him what he sees as being the most problematic for Snyder and his overall view seemed to be "Nothing right now."

This makes sense.  FTC is in place to protect consumers with in a customers being ripped of or defrauded.  Within a private organization, one division if you will that shows it acted inappropriately would be under the "code of conduct of said organization.  

What I hope said organization is the NFL and the other divisions (owners) will take care of this internally.  This invest from FTC is bad for business, and the shield.  I am hoping that the old adage of protecting the shield at all costs is the sentiment that the owners execute.

I cant help but think about Jerry Richardson.  He did not have to be voted out.  He simply received a call that took care of that.  Low profile is the way to handle this.  J. Jones, Kraft, the power owners have a chat with Snyder and he sells, no vote needed.  

In other words they make him an offer he cant refuse.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It's great, isn't it? He's right, of course. But if one owner is doing criminal type things and gets caught... it's cool. Because other owners are, too. And they won't force each other out because it makes them look guilty.  What a world we live in.

Or, they push Snyder out of the club and give the "Casablanca" reaction--"I'm shocked to discover there's gambling going on in here!"

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, profusion said:

Or, they push Snyder out of the club and give the "Casablanca" reaction--"I'm shocked to discover there's gambling going on in here!"

Wait are you trying to tell me it rains a lot in the Pacific North West, no way!!  lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Who does that?

"The kind of guy who could wrangle the wills of men like Hockney and McManus. The kind of man who could engineer a police line-up THE KIND OF MAN THAT COULD HAVE KILLED EDIE FINNERAN. They found her yesterday in a hotel in Pennsylvania. Shot twice in the head."

maxresdefault.jpg

Oops, my bad...wrong scumbag!

Actually, Keyser Soze would be offended by comparisons to Snyder...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

The people who have defended Dan Snyder on this site in the past (You know who you are) have some serious soul searching to do.  

???

Huh?  Been here almost 20 years, did Anti-Snyder fans see everything that has happen coming or jus convinced he was a jerk that couldn't get us a championship?

I don't remember a discussion about a prevalent atmosphere of sexual harassment and cooking the books back in 2003, do you?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

The Redskins is dead and buried. The new owner might ditch the Commanders name or if he keeps it ; alter the colors and logo.

False. I will always call the team the Redskins and know many other fans that will as well. And I will teach my children the history of the team and pass down my Redskins gear to them.

If we were a winning franchise and our owner wasn't hated I doubt we'd ever change it. That's the main reason I want Dan gone, he ruined one of the most storied franchise in sports and turned them into a expansion team.

Somehow I really doubt anything comes of this investigation.

Edited by Forever A Redskin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 4

18 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Who does that?

"The kind of guy who could wrangle the wills of men like Hockney and McManus. The kind of man who could engineer a police line-up THE KIND OF MAN THAT COULD HAVE KILLED EDIE FINNERAN. They found her yesterday in a hotel in Pennsylvania. Shot twice in the head."

maxresdefault.jpg

Gabriel Byrne is an outstanding actor, never mind the BS.  

Moral dilemma I am dealing with.  

What if the Commanders win the superbowl this year or next year and Snyder is still owner.  Do you want him to have a championship.  I understand unlikely but not impossible, and I can not answer my own question.

4 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

False. I will always call the team the Redskins and know many other fans that will as well. And I will teach my children the history of the team and pass down my Redskins gear to them.

I will teach them that companies made the wrong decision bending to cancel culture, and show them the proof that doing so almost always resulted in financial loss for those who did. 

If we were a winning franchise and our owner wasn't hated I doubt we'd ever change it. That's the main reason I want Dan gone, he ruined one of the most storied franchise in sports and turned them into a expansion team with a generic PC logo.

Somehow I really doubt anything comes of this investigation.

Gonna pass down my Redskins stuff as well (if they still want it), but the rest of your post comes across more like teaching your opinions as facts.

Like, we were falling in value well before the name change and Cleveland Indians were in playoffs 4 of 6 seasons before changing their's as well (even in world series in 2016).

To each there own, just... I have kids, too, and this post bothered me.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Huh?  Been here almost 20 years, did Anti-Snyder fans see everything that has happen coming or jus convinced he was a jerk that couldn't get us a championship?

I don't remember a discussion about a prevalent atmosphere of sexual harassment and cooking the books back in 2003, do you?

I don't recall anyone specifically calling out sexual harrassment or cooked books, however we've pointed to all the things we do know about him and the results of everything he's touched - with this football team and beyond, as proof that he's generally a bad businessman and person.  Nefarious activities like sexual harrassment and cooked books aren't a far stretch for a man of his (lack of) character.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Gonna pass down my Redskins stuff as well (if they still want it), but the rest of your post comes across more like teaching your opinions as facts.

Like, we were falling in value well before the name change and Cleveland Indians were in playoffs 4 of 6 seasons before changing their's as well (even in world series in 2016).

To each there own, just... I have kids, too, and this post bothered me.

Removed the "opinion" piece of the post.

Just a shame what this franchise has turned into. Half the fan base is gone.

On the bright side, out of all the fans that I know that have said they will no longer root for the team after the name change... A lot of them recently said they'd potentially be interested in watching again if Dan is removed as owner... So it could be a step in the right direction.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Who does that?

maxresdefault.jpg

If only.

• Like 1

Twenty four...

To all of you I say 24 is the key.

Twenty four...

24 is the number of owners neccesary to remove another owner from ownership of an NFL team.

Twenty four...

From now on we all need to meditate on the number 24.

Twenty four...

Bring 24 into being.

Twenty four...

Mainifest 24 through the force of our combined will alone.

Twenty four...

Quote the Commander, nevermore...

Twenty four.

XXXX

"The world is an idea organized and directed by the will."  Schopenauer

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don't recall anyone specifically calling out sexual harrassment or cooked books, however we've pointed to all the things we do know about him and the results of everything he's touched - with this football team and beyond, as proof that he's generally a bad businessman and person.  Nefarious activities like sexual harrassment and cooked books aren't a far stretch for a man of his (lack of) character.

Fair, but not enough for me to be "soul searching" because of supporting him when I was a teenager.

9 hours ago, Conn said:

This is like a little kid dreaming of his parents getting back together after they’ve divorced. Time to grow up, little Timmy

I don't get it, he said it was a pipe dream so he's very well aware that it's a fantasy. 

Why trash him with the cracks about his maturity?

That name meant more to some than others, there's no reason people can't cling to it a little until it's so far in the past it doesn't sting quite so much.

• Like 2