Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Is that what happens with people diagnosed with battered fan syndrome?   good lord.

I never said we've won with Snyder.  I never said we'd have a worse chance at winning with another owner.   I never said anything specific about another owner.

There are many examples of owners who have lost for longer periods than Snyder that end up winning once they hire the right coach and have a QB.

Just for kicks, bless us with your many examples of owners consistent with that of the track record of Dan Snyder.  Please make it as good as when you said the Bengals were worse than us.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Just for kicks, bless us with your many examples owners consistent with that of the track record of Dan Snyder.  Please make it as good as when you said the Bengals were worse than us.

First one that would come to mind would be the Detroit Lions. They've been crappy since Barry retired.

But other than that... Even Jacksonville and the Jets had some good runs at times. Ours were one and done seasons.

• Like 1

Just now, Wildbunny said:

First one that would come to mind would be the Detroit Lions. They've been crappy since Barry retired.

But other than that... Even Jacksonville and the Jets had some good runs at times. Ours were one and done seasons.

I'd even be willing to accept the Brown, Jets and Jags into this argument.  The problem is - likening us to those franchises doesn't support the posters argument in the way in which he intends it.

Whenever I see Snyder apologists use the excuse that other franchises have it bad too, I can't help but roll my eyes.  It's similar to when my son does something stupid and has the audacity to say "Well, X did it too" and I'm thinking "What about Y?"  There are a lot more Y's doing or at least trying to do the right thing, then there are X's who constantly do the wrong thing.  Just because a few others are doing badly, gives you no right to do badly just as well.

Beyond that - with Snyder, it's clear that everything he's touched since he bought this football team has turned to garbage.  That's not debatable.  So why on earth would anyone have any faith that 'all he needs is a good QB' and all will be better?  He effs up everything he touches.  How in anyone's right mind they can qualify Snyder's 2+ decade track record of losing, lack of class and just all around embarrassment to "bad luck" is mystifying to say the least.  

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The problem is many would rather lose with a new owner than win with Snyder.   Not me.

Speak on this, if you can even put it into words. 

What the **** could you be referencing here lol. We have not won with Snyder, so hypothetically winning with Snyder is not an option that’s on the table—and what reason is there to believe that we’d be in worse shape with (literally any) new owner? This is ****ing stupid 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Beyond that - with Snyder, it's clear that everything he's touched since he bought this football team has turned to garbage.  That's not debatable.  So why on earth would anyone have any faith that 'all he needs is a good QB' and all will be better?  He effs up everything he touches.  How in anyone's right mind they can qualify Snyder's 2+ decade track record of losing, lack of class and just all around embarrassment to "bad luck" is mystifying to say the least.  

I mean, if they somehow found themselves with an actually extremely talented QB on a rookie deal, they'd win some fair amount for the duration of the rookie contract plus franchise tag year or two.  That's just what a QB means in this league.  There's no guarantee it'd result in a Super Bowl and it'd all crumble into dust afterwards of course for all the reasons above.

"Winning" under Snyder at most looks like a one-off season where the guys on the field happen to meld with scheme and handle their own business enough that they do well, or for a slightly more prolonged period if they can hold a talented rookie QB hostage for 5 years or so.  There is zero boost here from a winning culture to buoy during down, less talented years, or to enhance an already talented squad.

Edited by Bifflog

6 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

I mean, if they somehow found themselves with an actually extremely talented QB on a rookie deal, they'd win some fair amount for the duration of the rookie contract plus franchise tag year or two.  That's just what a QB means in this league.  There's no guarantee it'd result in a Super Bowl and it'd all crumble into dust afterwards of course for all the reasons above.

I'm aware of the fact that a QB would help and can help any loser franchise in the league.

My point is though that he'd still find a way to screw it up, like he has everything else for the last 20 something years.  One could even argue that we finally landed an extremely talented QB in the 2012 draft and Dan's treatment of said player inevitably contributed to the downward spiral.  Obviously, I'm not pinning all of that on Snyder but his hands were definitely in it.  The guy has proven to have the reverse midas touch at everything, not just football.  Which is why even if we landed an elite QB, I would be more inclined to bet that he would somehow screw it up than ride the coattails of the elite QB to success.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Perez just on 106.7.  His take definitely runs counter to Caplan's take from the Athletic.  Although I'll give Caplan on 980, he didn't come off that he felt like he had a definitive feel for this.   Caplan was somewhat pessmistic (from a Dan will be removed standpoint) about where it was headed because his thought is even if the team is tied to this in the end -- Dan can say it happened without his knowledge. 

Perez while wasn't optimistic either that this does Dan in -- basically said there is a another layer to the ticket story coming.  And where he runs counter to Caplan's source who said as an NFL executive he knows its not easy to fudge the books so he doubts the authenticity of the source on that front -- Perez counters that and said there is a way to do it -- implying a way that auditors might not catch and that's forthcoming. 

Then he via a Finlay question speculated that Dan wanting to fudge the attendance numbers for years where the announced attendance and actual attendance where two different things might be mixed in the soup if the numbers are proven to be screwy.  I was only half listening to this part so I couldn't quite follow the logic. 

He’s just trying to get clicks for his site. Ooh; there’s more to the story, please come back tomorrow. I think you can discount anything he says. Fool me once not fooling me again.

• Thumb up 1

Without trading any picks, the Dan Snyder Football Organization could have drafted the following elite Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks but didn't:

--Tom Brady

--Russell Wilson

--Aaron Rodgers

--Drew Brees

--Ben Roethlisberger

I don't think Dan's reign of error is an accident or that an actual franchise QB is going to magically materialize in their draft shopping cart. He'll make the wrong choice every single time.

• Like 1

You really need to get over this.   I'm completely fine with Snyder getting the boot.   I don't care who owns the team.  I only care about winning.

The problem is many would rather lose with a new owner than win with Snyder.   Not me.

Snyder has only 6 winning seasons that yielded 5 playoff berths. His last playoff appearance was with a losing record. That was his 6th berth.

Dan has shown in 23 years he loses and rarely wins.

The next owner may suck but I doubt he/she would be as bad as Snyder.

12 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

He’s just trying to get clicks for his site. Ooh; there’s more to the story, please come back tomorrow. I think you can discount anything he says. Fool me once not fooling me again.

His story already came to fruition, it can’t be “fake”. His story was that there are allegations. There are, it was reported who made them, to Congress. I’m sure he’s teasing more details or next steps, but the story was already confirmed. Because he didn’t report that it happened, he reported that it was alleged to have happened—and it was. 

Is that what happens with people diagnosed with battered fan syndrome?   good lord.

I never said we've won with Snyder.  I never said we'd have a worse chance at winning with another owner.   I never said anything specific about another owner.

There are many examples of owners who have lost for longer periods than Snyder that end up winning once they hire the right coach and have a QB.

Dan has stunk from the beginning. I don’t think there’s been someone like him.

Everything about Dan us garbage and his winning has been rare.

47 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Both of those teams played in championship games during Dan’s tenure.

20 minutes ago, Conn said:

His story already came to fruition, it can’t be “fake”. His story was that there are allegations. There are, it was reported who made them, to Congress. I’m sure he’s teasing more details or next steps, but the story was already confirmed. Because he didn’t report that it happened, he reported that it was alleged to have happened—and it was. 

Yep.  I listened to Caplan from the Athletic on 980.  His main thesis is he talked to someone who understands how the books are done and that person finds it hard to believe that Dan could pull it off.  But Caplan also said his sources aren't as deep as others covering this story and he's not challenging the story that was put out by Perez that Congress is looking into it -- he said indeed they are looking into it. 

Perez is saying more to come.  I got no idea if these bread crumbs lead to anything of substance or not.  But as someone in the business that deals with the media all the time, Perez's behavior is common.  As for why wouldn't he put it all at once?  Usually 2 reasons for that:

1.  You are still confirming information and adding to it, to build that story.

2.  It's better for business to have multiple stories than just one long one

In my business when I have a client on the ropes, its a constant fear after one story that we actually expect a sequel and often multiple sequels.  You don't put out a 6 hour movie.  But put together lets say a triology of three two hour movies -- the press operates the same way, they typically want multiple stories. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

If there's no evidence because it didn't actually happen, which seems increasingly likely, then the "heroic whistleblower" is neither heroic nor a whistleblower and deserves whatever unpleasant attention Snyder's attorneys may visit upon him.

This is a bad take. People are doing 180s in their beliefs/hopes based on tweets. This guy was a 24-year employee. The idea that he would turn himself over to this level of scrutiny with zero evidence just because he "has an ax to grind" is ridiculously simplistic. Let's wait and see before jumping on the dude and immediately deciding he's some sort of charlatan. He's already gotten online support from former employees there of whom he was the boss. He's also apparently the guy who went to bat for Rachel Engleson when she was being sexually harassed by Larry Michael, actually one of the few who had the balls to actually approach Larry directly and tell him to leave the girl alone. 

Doesn't seem like a phony to me, but we'll see. If anyone does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt at this point, it's Danya and its gaggle of lawyers.  

23 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

This is a bad take. People are doing 180s in their beliefs/hopes based on tweets. This guy was a 24-year employee. The idea that he would turn himself over to this level of scrutiny with zero evidence just because he "has an ax to grind" is ridiculously simplistic. Let's wait and see before jumping on the dude and immediately deciding he's some sort of charlatan. He's already gotten online support from former employees there of whom he was the boss. He's also apparently the guy who went to bat for Rachel Engleson when she was being sexually harassed by Larry Michael, actually one of the few who had the balls to actually approach Larry directly and tell him to leave the girl alone. 

Doesn't seem like a phony to me, but we'll see. If anyone does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt at this point, it's Danya and its gaggle of lawyers.  

This. I think people are confusing he didn’t present evidence to congress with there’s no evidence at all. Just because he doesn’t have the evidence in front of him doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist at all. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Dan has stunk from the beginning. I don’t think there’s been someone like him.

Everything about Dan us garbage and his winning has been rare.

Dan also took over a team that won 10 games and the NFC east. Had 2 extra number 1s in each of the first two off seasons as a result of Carolina signing Sean Gilbert. We had a very good QB in Brad Johnson, among the most cap room in the NFL and we were set for a decade of dominance. Snyder destroyed it all in record speed. The amount of fail Dan has is unfathomable. We just pretend it’s not that bad to cope. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

We just pretend it’s not that bad to cope. 

Who pretends it's not that bad?  I think everybody knows how bad it is.  

And if you didn't know, just ask literally anybody who covers the team, nationally or locally, because they'll remind you every single day.