Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

This is true, some of the wealthiest can be some of the stingiest.  And quite frankly, I don't know enough about Bezos to know if he's that kind of guy or not.  

More fun to get him kicked out of the league?  I mean, it's certainly more fun for US to see it happen, I'm not sure if Bezos is finding some joy in all of this...maybe he is, maybe he isn't.  And sure, it'd be nicer for him to buy the team at a cheaper rate, too.  

Maybe there is no price that Dan would sell but if Bezos came calling with a blank check, he could take that money and set himself up quite nicely for the rest of his life with it.  Generational wealth.  You're right, he doesn't have anything else in his life since he **** all over Johnny Rockets and Six Flags.  And he's **** all over this, too.  So he could take that money and go away and live a quiet life somewhere, golf every day, do whatever ultra wealthy people do...or try to purchase or start some businesses that would fail under his management.  Either way, he'd no longer be the owner of the team and that's all we really care about. 

My point is that if it's true that Bezos REALLY wanted a team, he'd have one by now.  

Great call on the ex-minority owners.  I think Bruce seems to be the most thought-of candidate for the leaks because he was front and center and recognizable for so many years but it's clear the ex-minority owners hate Snyder, too.  

Either way, I'd like to buy anyone who's leaked anything a beer or five.  :) 

I don't know anything about Bezos personally so I have no idea either, but I could see a world where Jeff wants to buy an NFL team but doesn't care that much - he likes Washington, but isn't about to overpay for it - and the idea of playing power games to get something he wants brings a particular satisfaction. Especially since it's his underlings that would actually be executing the plan, not him personally. He'd simply tell one of his lieutenants to figure out a way to get the Washington team, and that lieutenant would be the one figuring out how to make it happen. I know because I did stuff like that for my old boss (not the nefarious part, but my boss saying "I want to do X" and then I'd have to go do the actual work of putting a plan together).

Anyway, whatever the reason or whoever the source, let's just hope this is the miracle we've all been waiting for!!

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I don't know anything about Bezos personally so I have no idea either, but I could see a world where Jeff wants to buy an NFL team but doesn't care that much - he likes Washington, but isn't about to overpay for it - and the idea of playing power games to get something he wants brings a particular satisfaction. Especially since it's his underlings that would actually be executing the plan, not him personally. He'd simply tell one of his lieutenants to figure out a way to get the Washington team, and that lieutenant would be the one figuring out how to make it happen. I know because I did stuff like that for my old boss (not the nefarious part, but my boss saying "I want to do X" and then I'd have to go do the actual work of putting a plan together).

Anyway, whatever the reason or whoever the source, let's just hope this is the miracle we've all been waiting for!!

So, to clarify, you think Bezos would make a 4 billion dollar purchase without being heavily involved in it, and simply tell someone to figure out a way to get it because he really doesnt care?

Just because you were a gopher for a previous boss doesnt mean you understand how 4 billion dollar transactions work.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Peregrine said:

So, to clarify, you think Bezos would make a 4 billion dollar purchase without being heavily involved in it, and simply tell someone to figure out a way to get it because he really doesnt care?

Just because you were a gopher for a previous boss doesnt mean you understand how 4 billion dollar transactions work.

Hahaha. I'm an ex-investment banker and Wharton grad. But I'm secure enough not to feel the need to prove myself to strangers over the internet. Believe me as much or as little as you'd like, but while Jeff may be in the loop on things like this, he's not the one driving whatever is going on behind the scenes. Besides, the sale transaction process hasn't happened yet and potentially (or likely) hasn't commenced yet either. This is politicking to get to the point that it does happen, at which point bankers and lawyers would get involved. Remember Moag was a banker representing the ex-minority owners.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

I'm skeptical that it's coming from Bruce because 1) he's a Republican and the Republicans came out with a partisan statement against the investigation, and 2) if this is about cooking the books then Bruce was probably in on it and would be implicated.

I'm staying with it being one of the minority owners. Anyone else remember this:

"Snyder also alleged that Moag, the banker representing the minority owners, sent him a threatening text message, with allusions not to "the media (expletive)" but "the more serious (expletive)."

"If you want to get to a clean conclusion, let me know," Moag allegedly wrote in the message. "If you want a (expletive) show, we are on for that too."

ESPN mention of it as well:

"Snyder claimed Schar told his attorney that information would come out if he didn't sell the team and that the story "will kill Dan."

A text from the minority owners' investment banker, John Moag, hinted at what might come out if Snyder didn't cooperate: "And you know it has nothing to do with the media s--- ...it's the more serious s---. If you want a s--- show, we are on for that too."

Moag has confirmed to other outlets that the text was accurate."

I'm thinking the bookkeeping shenanigans are the "more serious ****" the minority owners' banker was referring to.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

4 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm staying with it being one of the minority owners. Anyone else remember this:

"Snyder also alleged that Moag, the banker representing the minority owners, sent him a threatening text message, with allusions not to "the media (expletive)" but "the more serious (expletive)."

"If you want to get to a clean conclusion, let me know," Moag allegedly wrote in the message. "If you want a (expletive) show, we are on for that too."

"Snyder claimed Schar told his attorney that information would come out if he didn't sell the team and that the story "will kill Dan."

A text from the minority owners' investment banker, John Moag, hinted at what might come out if Snyder didn't cooperate: "And you know it has nothing to do with the media s--- ...it's the more serious s---. If you want a s--- show, we are on for that too."

I'm thinking the bookkeeping shenanigans are the "more serious ****" the minority owners' lawyer was referring to.

Completely forgot that Cali but instantly was reminded when I started reading your quote.

Yeah Danny was playing with fire on this one. 

He broke the golden rule of criminality: "Never betray a partner so vindictive that he will take you down on principle alone."

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1

Dan has probably misunderstood the rule of the 40%, because he's quite dumb.

In his mind it's probably that 40% of the full seat capacity of the stadium goes to the league. Since our stadium is barely half full it doesn't go above 60% capacity, hence everything goes to his pockets.

I'm hoping for the league to remind him that of those 50% around 90% of it came from visiting team so he's clearly cheating on the NFL because he's not only giving back money that he should, but also robbering other teams from their fans, which is definately criminal.

All of this within a stadium where sewer pipes cracks, rails falls down, peanuts and beer are expired.

So does anyone on this forum with legal insight want to take a crack at what the next step in the process is? A lot of denial or no comment on Snyder and the NFL's side? Perhaps more public denial from some of the members of the congressional committee? How long until we hear more details? This report came out late on a Saturday night during the Final Four. Will it get the attention it needs to force more public opinion?

4 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm thinking the bookkeeping shenanigans are the "more serious ****" the minority owners' banker was referring to.

I had forgotten all about that.  Thanks for bringing it up.  This is in fact a game changer.  It was pretty clear that the other owners were split on what to do with this pig.  He was already on the fence. I know I should not say this but not sure how he survives this.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

So does anyone on this forum with legal insight want to take a crack at what the next step in the process is? A lot of denial or no comment on Snyder and the NFL's side? Perhaps more public denial from some of the members of the congressional committee? How long until we hear more details? This report came out late on a Saturday night during the Final Four. Will it get the attention it needs to force more public opinion?

The committee may not be done reviewing the docs they have. When they are, they could request more if they want. Apart from that and a hearing, what they could do is refer suspicious conduct to the DOJ for a proper investigation with the "big boy" subpoenas that you can't ignore or shrug off. Anything from there would depend on finding evidence of criminal conduct.

I doubt that side of it goes anywhere unless the fraud is bigger than being leaked.

It's the league's reaction Dan needs to worry about.

Edited by profusion
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, tomwvr said:

I don’t know . I just don’t trust congress to do anything that I could consider fair and proper with him .

It will have to be owners that do it but this gives them an opening. I don't think congress will not do anything either.

Edited by Redskins 2021

Please let there be more. Pile it on. Now is the time. We don’t need congress to do ANYTHING now that the money stuff has been put on the NFL’s radar, it just needed to leak and become a story and gain steam, which it’s now doing—they’ll handle the rest. They can’t tolerate this sort of issue, and will want to set a damning precedent—even better that they already dislike the guy and wish he’d disappear for a myriad of other reasons. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

37 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

There's MORE:

Sweet, can't wait to read the next expose on Snyderville!

Til then I'll be like an anxious dog stuck alone inside the house all day, who when he finally hears his person walking to the front door starts excitedly barking with glee, wagging his tail, and jumping up and down; all while wizzing uncontrollably all over the place.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spjunkies said:

This is like some Godfather **** 😂

Except Snyder is working solo against Don Corleone instead of with Tattaglia... 😆

Once the other owners realize Snyder prevented them from making their nut, they'll want him out ASAFP.

Edited by ntotoro
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dyst said:

Damn, so the league lost $1000 per game from Snyder?

At first I read that and was thinking, "What, huh, that's all just $1,000!!! The owners could care less about a measly grand. Damn, that little s.o.b. wins again!"

Then my 81 year old brain finally processed it as a joke about the WFTs historically low ticket sales and I had a genuine belly laugh, complete with scotch and juice spontaneously shooting out my nose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3