Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

I agree he's a good dude and is miles away from Gruden in terms of character, personality, toughness, and leadership. 

All that said, 3 winning seasons out of 11. That's not good, and that's a large body of work for a head coach. There is no reason to believe he's doing anything transformative here. He'll keep us from being a laughing stock (on the field), but that's about the best anyone can hope for. 

I agree about the winning seasons and that is why I wasn’t thrilled. I always hope that people can learn from their mistakes and make themselves and their situations better. I really hope that is Ron going into year 3.

But, he needs to have this team ready to go week 1, not 7 or 8. We have the easiest schedule in the league coming up, along with the rest of the NFC East. Him and Carson Wentz need to make statements this year and get this ship sailing. I believe they can.

Not a huge fan of Turner (too predictable) but it's true that he hasn't had enough talent.  No question.  

I'll just say this: with the addition of Ron's QB and a roster that Ron deems definitely good enough to win with, Turner better field an offensive unit that is top 15 in the league.  There's no more excuses.  I have nothing against Turner, as he seems by all accounts to be a really good dude.  I hope he comes through.  

• Like 1

Cancelled DirecTV. It was the last way in which I was financially supporting this team (after having left the DC area 12 years ago).

Still a fan of course, but I'm naturally gravitating away from passionate involvement. It's such a miserable franchise, plus the new branding is weird. I'll watch when they're on national TV or catch glimpses on the Red Zone channel but just not feeling it the way I used to. 

Edited by Stadium-Armory
  • Like 5

I know I’m late, but Washington should not have changed their uniforms. There was no reason to change them. I know people (including Dallas fans) that aren’t Washington fans, that liked our uniforms. Although the new uniforms aren’t bad, they don’t look as good as the old ones. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

I know I’m late, but Washington should not have changed their uniforms. There was no reason to change them. I know people (including Dallas fans) that aren’t Washington fans, that liked our uniforms. Although the new uniforms aren’t bad, they don’t look as good as the old ones. 

I think most people disagree that the uniforms aren't bad...they're terrible! Other than the matte finish on the helmet, IMO. No stripes on the pants? Shoehorning black into the color scheme...called Black For Black's Sake...non-matching number fonts on all three uniforms.

Don't get me started on the white flecks on the numbers on the white jerseys...it looks like they were inspired by someone eating funnel cake and spilling powder all over their shirt. And the color is not burgundy, it's cranberry.

Funnel-Cake-Eating-Contest-10-w-1-1024x6

Hail to the Cranberry and Black!

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I think most people disagree that the uniforms aren't bad...they're terrible! Other than the matte finish on the helmet, IMO. No stripes on the pants? Shoehorning black into the color scheme...called Black For Black's Sake...non-matching number fonts on all three uniforms.

Don't get me started on the white flecks on the numbers on the white jerseys...it looks like they were inspired by someone eating funnel cake and spilling powder all over their shirt. And the color is not burgundy, it's cranberry.

Funnel-Cake-Eating-Contest-10-w-1-1024x6

Hail to the Cranberry and Black!

I was just trying be nice. Lol

10 hours ago, Stadium-Armory said:

Cancelled DirecTV. It was the last way in which I was financially supporting this team (after having left the DC area 12 years ago).

Still a fan of course, but I'm naturally gravitating away from passionate involvement. It's such a miserable franchise, plus the new branding is weird. I'll watch when they're on national TV or catch glimpses on the Red Zone channel but just not feeling it the way I used to. 

That's pretty much where I am with things. It's not a hard transition, as the team's performance in recent years has made me pretty blaise over winning and losing. When I was younger, a loss would ruin my week. Now, I just turn off the TV and go about the rest of my day without giving it much thought. Rebranding with a name that I dislike so much that I haven't even said it aloud since it was announced just makes me more ambivalent about it. 

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, BraveWarrior said:

That's pretty much where I am with things. It's not a hard transition, as the team's performance in recent years has made me pretty blaise over winning and losing. When I was younger, a loss would ruin my week. Now, I just turn off the TV and go about the rest of my day without giving it much thought. Rebranding with a name that I dislike so much that I haven't even said it aloud since it was announced just makes me more ambivalent about it. 

I got to the point where I was turning off the TV almost every week by the first quarter. It’s so obvious when the team wasn’t prepared to play that week.

And by the 3 or 4th game of the season, I knew it was already over.

I did that for years… and then I stopped watching entirely about 7 years ago.

I follow box scores now… it’s made it more tolerable to not be emotionally invested at all. 

But now I feel nothing at all for this team/franchise.

The players and coaches seem likeable…. but It never amounts to anything.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Die Hard said:

I got to the point where I was turning off the TV almost every week by the first quarter. It’s so obvious when the team wasn’t prepared to play that week.

And by the 3 or 4th game of the season, I knew it was already over.

I did that for years… and then I stopped watching entirely about 7 years ago.

I follow box scores now… it’s made it more tolerable to not be emotionally invested at all. 

But now I feel nothing at all for this team/franchise.

The players and coaches seem likeable…. but It never amounts to anything.

One of the OG's of ES being brought to this level. God damn, Snyder.  You really have doused eternal flames.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

One of the OG's of ES being brought to this level. God damn, Snyder.  You really have doused eternal flames.

I'm not here for the football team.... I'm here just for the community. Still the best resource on the internet for most things.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

I'm not here for the football team.... I'm here just for the community. Still the best resource on the internet for most things.

Yeah, but, literally your name.  You helped found this board. And to see someone like you having had this team manage to push you away, it's a pretty anecdotal but relevant canary in that coal mine.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Yeah, but, literally your name.  You helped found this board. And to see someone like you having had this team manage to push you away, it's a pretty anecdotal but relevant canary in that coal mine.

Good point...I think many longtime "fans" have become team "followers" (I heard that on Sheehan's podcast and it accurately describes me). I'm still interested in news about the team, but I don't root for them. The Snyder stuff (as I've been pretty vocal about - probably to the annoyance of many) has made it so that I can't actively want this team to win. But I follow some of their headlines, I keep up with the drama that follows them, and I still follow the NFL. But I don't tune in on Sundays...we watch RedZone instead. 

And, from the time I was 5 until about the time I was 45, Redskin Sundays were rituals to me. I'd actually spend time deciding which gear might give them a slightly better karmic chance of winning and for a while I'd avoid plans if I could get out of them. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Good point...I think many longtime "fans" have become team "followers" (I heard that on Sheehan's podcast and it accurately describes me). I'm still interested in news about the team, but I don't root for them. The Snyder stuff (as I've been pretty vocal about - probably to the annoyance of many) has made it so that I can't actively want this team to win. But I follow some of their headlines, I keep up with the drama that follows them, and I still follow the NFL. But I don't tune in on Sundays...we watch RedZone instead. 

And, from the time I was 5 until about the time I was 45, Redskin Sundays were rituals to me. I'd actually spend time deciding which gear might give them a slightly better karmic chance of winning and for a while I'd avoid plans if I could get out of them. 

Nodded my head in agreement reading this post.

This is where I'm at too.  I follow the news of the team on this board (primarily the off the field stuff) but I'm no longer a fan.  Gave up season tickets about 5 years ago, quit watching games on TV a couple of years after that.  I too watch the Redzone on Sundays when I'm at home though I've found with my Sundays now free I'm more apt to go anywhere and do something outside of the house if weather permits.

Became a fan in 1971 because I loved watching Larry Brown and Charley Taylor play.  No matter what the future holds, I'll forever enjoy the memories, both good and bad, that this franchise has given me over the many years.   

Edited by LightningBuggs
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This is pretty much me too--I'm now 45 (soon to be 46)--and up until 2013 I was a die-hard, yell-at-the-TV, never-miss-a-game type. 2012 was the best year we'd had since 1991. I remember being so pumped and then...the playoff game against Seattle...and all downhill from there. Each year, I think I became less and less invested. I'll watch the games, but really, the passion and emotion isn't there anymore. If I have something else to do, so be it. There are players I like (Jon Allen, Young, Gibson, McLaurin, Curl), but not like I loved watching Max Scherzer, Anthony Rendon, Juan Soto, Trea Turner, et al play every night for the Nationals. A lot of that has to do with winning, but also, the Nats are just better run organization top-to-bottom. I'm more an interested follower than fan now.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

I feel like Bruce banner, a normal mild mannered guy but on Sundays I'd turn into a raging monster smashing everything in site and on Monday I'd be fine again. 

Doctor Snyder has found a potion to suppress the rage and I haven't transformed in years and although I don't forsee any relapse I can still feel something small burning deep down inside that maybe someday could once again unleash the beast.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 9:52 AM, Redwards said:

Not a huge fan of Turner (too predictable) but it's true that he hasn't had enough talent.  No question.  

I'll just say this: with the addition of Ron's QB and a roster that Ron deems definitely good enough to win with, Turner better field an offensive unit that is top 15 in the league.  There's no more excuses.  I have nothing against Turner, as he seems by all accounts to be a really good dude.  I hope he comes through.  

I'd say that's fair.  We have supposedly acquired a QB that's league average or better.  If Turner is as advertised, then the offensive unit should produce in the Top Half of the league now that it has a league average or better QB.

• Like 1