Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Dan Snyder owns Va.’s most expensive house

Washington Commanders owner's $48M estate was once part of Mount Vernon

PUBLISHED FEBRUARY 15, 2022BY ROBYN SIDERSKY

Snyder-house-386x257.jpeg River View was sold for $48 million. Photo courtesy Sotheby's International Realty

Virginia’s most expensive mansion now belongs to one of the most famous men in the commonwealth.

River View, once part of George Washington’s Mount Vernon, in Alexandria, was sold on Oct. 29, 2021, for $48 million, according to TTR Sotheby’s International Realty. The agency brokered the sale of the 7-bedroom home with six full bathrooms and six half bathrooms, situated on 16.5 acres on the Potomac River.

The sale was recorded in Fairfax County property records on Nov, 1, 2021, with the seller listed as River View 7979 LLC.

But the actual identity of the buyer was recently revealed in another kind of public record.

The home’s address, 7979 E. Boulevard Drive, matches the one listed with Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder’s $25,000 donation on Jan. 7 to Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s inaugural committee, according to campaign finance reports from the State Board of Elections. On the same report, in the box with “business or employment information,” it says “Washington Football Team owner.”

The house is believed to be the most expensive in Virginia and the greater Washington, D.C., region, according to several real estate websites. The home was first listed for $60 million, according to an October 2020 article from Realtor.com. The site also says it is the largest privately held parcel of the former Mount Vernon Estate. It was designed by Bethesda, Maryland-based architecture firm Rill Architects, which displays several photos of the estate on its website.

The estate, constructed by custom home builder West Wing Builders Inc., includes a home gym, spa, indoor resistance pool, steam room and sauna, according to the Sotheby’s listing. It has a game room, a 15-seat movie theater, 400 feet of water frontage and a 2,600-square-foot guest house with three bedrooms and three bathrooms. A carriage house has room for four cars, a studio apartment and a waterfront dock.  It has four fireplaces and was originally built in 2018, according to Fairfax County property records.

The land stayed in President George Washington’s family until 1859 and has had a handful of other owners,  according to a September 2020 Wall Street Journal story. The most recent owners of the estate were former Lockheed Martin Corp. Chairman, President and CEO Robert J. Stevens and his wife, Michelle, who bought the estate for $18.6 million from Tysons Corner developer Gerald “Jerry” Halpin in 2014.

Tool can buy a superhouse and his own personal Titanic, but his teams practice facility is stuck in 1982. I give him a pass on FedEx since it was new when he got the team, but Football Team Park should've been completely revamped 10+ years ago. 

Edited by spjunkies
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Tool can buy a superhouse and his own personal Titanic, but his teams practice facility is stuck in 1982. I give him a pass on FedEx since it was new when he got the team, but Football Team Park should've been completely revamped 10+ years ago. 

The inside got completely revamped a while ago, actually. 2015 i think it was. None of that white railing, awful red carpet look anymore. 

9 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Lmao why was it a lame apology because you didn’t agree with it? No matter what the man said you wouldn’t have liked it. Dude screwed up and admitted it and whether you believe it or not was telling the truth that he really was unaware about what that meant to the fan base and legitimately felt really bad about it. And why was the unveiling pathetic? Is it because he didn’t invite you? Or say hey come on down fans free for all come boo us all on national tv cause you’re not getting your way about the name we can’t have after 80% of you didn’t want the name to change anyways and are gonna hate it no matter what! I’ll also say this the park n party was actually a really cool event that you know was two days after the name reveal specifically for us fans that they didn’t have to do. They could’ve gone the Indians route and announced it via a Tom Hanks video with no fan event, no former players driving around giving out free gear, no free swag bags nothing at all for the fans. Oh and then get sued right after the name is announced just like Cleveland did. Just what the franchise needs is another lawsuit right? But hey you couldn’t potentially had a name you liked right? Oh and whether you think his excuse about the dates was bs or not doesn’t change the fact that what he said to sheehan is factually correct the nfl record books show the dates as 83, 88, and 92. I know this because I’ve actually gone and looked so no it wasn’t a bs excuse. Season ticket sales are up. There’s legitimate hope at getting a new stadium. They are legitimately trying to do some cool things for fans. We have probably one of the most diverse executive groups in the entire league. The work culture has reportedly greatly improved inside the building which was the most important thing because in the words of coach Rivera “Thats real life ****.” None of that is happening because of ownership it’s happening in spite it. But just because you don’t like him or because he offended you in someway shape or form hardly makes the man incompetent. What he has accomplished is pretty incredible considering our owner. He’s handled it as gracefully as possible considering the fan base is constantly crapping on him, having to do a complete rebrand that most of the fans didn’t want, constantly having to take arrows for a man that probably HATES that you are there and you probably can’t stand. Not to mention every time you clean up one mess the little toddler man is running around behind you making another one. So excuse the hell out of me if I don’t think a couple of mistakes makes the man incompetent or any less respected around the league. Let’s hope you never make any mistakes on your job cause that would make you incompetent ;) 

giphy.gif

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Phew man the amount of people wanting Ron and Jason fired boggles my mind.

Jason is what ever. He needs to hire someone who knows the history of the franchise to review his plans 

Ron is a mediocre old school defensive HC who’s rigid and his ways who may be incompatible with how the modern game is won

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Jason is what ever. He needs to hire someone who knows the history of the franchise to review his plans 

Ron is a mediocre old school defensive HC who’s rigid and his ways who may be incompatible with how the modern game is won

The first part I absolutely agree with. And for the record I was just as upset as anyone about the Sean Taylor ceremony. Dude made a mistake hardly makes the man incompetent especially with everything else going on with this organization at the moment.

37 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

The first part I absolutely agree with. And for the record I was just as upset as anyone about the Sean Taylor ceremony. Dude made a mistake hardly makes the man incompetent especially with everything else going on with this organization at the moment.

The first 10 mistakes make the person human.  The next 100 make him incompetent.  Jason "Misdirection" Wright.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

He openly lied to the fans and doubled down on his lies. He didn’t qualify his statements or give himself wiggle room. Then he went into hiding for months. The guy is horrible at his job. He is a complete clown. He is a proven liar and coward.  Perfect puppet for Snyder. 

Jason either gets fired when a new owner takes over or he gets fired once there is some distance in the rear view mirror with the scandals. There isn’t a scenario where Dan doesn’t blame him for not putting butts in seats. Which is his primarily role running the business side. Maybe he schmoozes some politicians and they miraculously get a favorable stadium deal and he sticks around for a few more years but I doubt that outcome. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

He openly lied to the fans and doubled down on his lies. He didn’t qualify his statements or give himself wiggle room. Then he went into hiding for months. The guy is horrible at his job. He is a complete clown. He is a proven liar and coward.  Perfect puppet for Snyder. 

Jason either gets fired when a new owner takes over or he gets fired once there is some distance in the rear view mirror with the scandals. There isn’t a scenario where Dan doesn’t blame him for not putting butts in seats. Which is his primarily role running the business side. Maybe he schmoozes some politicians and they miraculously get a favorable stadium deal and he sticks around for a few more years but I doubt that outcome. 

Curious what exactly did he lie about? 

Wright ranks somewhere in the middle of the two sides for me.  I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as those of you who loathe him think he is but at the same time I'm not willing to excuse his wrongdoings and file it under 'a few mistakes'.  

He's got one of the toughest jobs there is, being tasked with guiding Dan's bumbling circus through constant negative headlines, a name change and rebranding a historic franchise with both a literal and figuratively dying fan base.  Not many people exist in general that have actual real life experience managing in an atmosphere like this one.  Who else can we think of in the history of professional sports has been tasked with all of these things at one time for a guy like Dan Snyder?  I'll wait.

That said, both his inexperience and lack of connection/understanding of this franchise has been evident.  So I understand why old schools fans aren't endeared to him at all.  I just think those same fans have set unrealistic expectations on him and what his job is.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Wright ranks somewhere in the middle of the two sides for me.  I don't think he's anywhere near as bad as those of you who loathe him think he is but at the same time I'm not willing to excuse his wrongdoings and file it under 'a few mistakes'.  

He's got one of the toughest jobs there is, being tasked with guiding Dan's bumbling circus through constant negative headlines, a name change and rebranding a historic franchise with both a literal and figuratively dying fan base.  Not many people exist in general that have actual real life experience managing in an atmosphere like this one.  Who else can we think of in the history of professional sports has been tasked with all of these things at one time for a guy like Dan Snyder?  I'll wait.

That said, both his inexperience and lack of connection/understanding of this franchise has been evident.  So I understand why old schools fans aren't endeared to him at all.  I just think those same fans have set unrealistic expectations on him and what his job is.

This is where I am. I get the mistakes. I get why people are upset with them. But the ones that loathe him also refuse to look at the good hes done as well. And as you said this was an absolutely  massive under taking with the amount of things going on at once. How many franchises have ever had to deal with the amount of stuff at once that this franchise is dealing with. Its an impossible task. Like I said I get why people can be upset. But crapping all over him and calling him incompetent is ridiculous. Also calling the man a liar and his integrity into question without any proof or having ever talked to the man or knowing his thoughts is uncalled for to me. Id like to see what he can do when he's not having to deal with everything at one time and as he gains more experience.

Edited by Mrshadow008

The way he handled the Sean Taylor thing and then the whole new name rollout as a complete and utter failure is enough for me to want him out.  I mean I don't actually give a **** if he is out or not.  I simply do not trust anything that comes out of his mouth anymore and just hearing him speak now annoys me.  He's fake as **** and just a company man for Dan, just like everyone before him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

The way he handled the Sean Taylor thing and then the whole new name rollout as a complete and utter failure is enough for me to want him out.  I mean I don't actually give a **** if he is out or not.  I simply do not trust anything that comes out of his mouth anymore and just hearing him speak now annoys me.  He's fake as **** and just a company man for Dan, just like everyone before him.

The company man line is false and gone over multiple times. Dan doesn't even want Jason here. And as far as the name rollout what would you have done differently?

2 hours ago, Mrshadow008 said:

If he can't properly put on a ceremony for someone that the fanbase and community universally loves and adores, what else can he do?  It should have been a layup.  

• Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

The company man line is false and gone over multiple times. Dan doesn't even want Jason here. And as far as the name rollout what would you have done differently?

I'll say what I would NOT have done.

- lie about misdirection 

- unblur the actual team name when showing the promo video on ****ing TV

- have absolutely no excitement about the name on national TV

- oh, announce it on national TV where the focus ended up being all the other crap about the team rather than the new name

- have Doug Williams say "we duh commanduz" while leaning over to put his arm around a team captain who couldn't care less about being there, as the name reveal.

- hype up how the name is all about the history and legacy of the franchise, then come out with a name that has nothing to do with the history and legacy of the franchise.

- claim how much they want to keep the burgundy and gold tradition, and not have one burgundy and gold uniform, changing the shades of both burgundy and gold

- have 3 Hechts mannequins to show off the new uniforms, in awkward ass poses

- have the curtain drop to the ground clanking in dead silence, due to the weak ass reveal and ugly uniforms

- have the wrong years on the crest for the super bowl seasons.

- double down on how stupid it is to have the wrong years on the crest on kevin sheehan show

- allow the big ass COMMANDERS logo be uncovered so a helicopter could get a picture of it the day before the reveal

There are definitely even more things that he did wrong which can be found in the "We are now..." thread if you want to see how else it was botched.

Sure maybe not all of that is 100% on him directly, like how John Allen didn't want to even be there, but he's the team president so the ultimate responsibility falls on him.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 3