Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

NFL owners sense that time has come for Daniel Snyder to move on as Washington owner, per report. Snyder's time in the NFL could soon be coming to an end

NFL owner may have finally had enough with Daniel Snyder. Less than a week after more allegations were made against him, other NFL owners sense that the time has come for Snyder to be removed as Washington's owner, according to Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk

The NFL fined Snyder's franchise $10 million at the conclusion of their workplace misconduct investigation. The investigation was launched after The Washington Post report that included 15 former employees claiming that they were sexually harassed during their time with the franchise. A second report published The Post citing interviews with over 100 employees who claimed Snyder "has presided over an organization in which women say they have been marginalized, discriminated against and exploited." 

Snyder was accused of attempting to use cheerleaders in inappropriate ways, including having inappropriate videos of cheerleader photoshoots created for him.

Earlier this month, six former employees of the franchise joined leaders of the U.S. House of Representatives' Oversight Committee for a roundtable discussion about workplace misconduct within the organization. The roundtable led to more accusations that included claims of inappropriate behavior by Snyder. The Oversight Committee's chairman and chairwoman believe the NFL "covered up" alleged misconducted from the six former employees prior to the league's investigation. 

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell can propose firing any owner, shareholder or partner for wrongful conduct and would take that complaint to the league's Executive Committee. Goodell would need three-fourths of the committee to vote to terminate the owner. 

The 57-year-old Snyder has owned the franchise since May of 1999. Washington is 156-212-1 during Snyder's ownership. Washington has won two playoff games and has made the playoffs six times over that span. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Personally I think the florio report was strategically leaked to him to report it on national television by the NFL. That way it would have more national eyes and can ramp up public pressure to make him sell without having to force him to sell. 

Or he's trying to talk it into existence and WANTS everybody to think it was strategically leaked to him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I've been around Chad and I like him quite a bit.  He plays up the "G'day mate" genuinely curious Aussie card and does it well.  I think people trust him. 

Wait, he's a legit source?  I've followed him for a long time, just thought he was another one of those super fans who dedicate a lot of time to writing about the team for funsies/misery.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Or he's trying to talk it into existence and WANTS everybody to think it was strategically leaked to him.

I don't think they let Florio just report this on the SB pregame show unless it has been strategically placed/endorsed by NFL brass. They ALWAYS protect the shield. Nothing like this slips by them, especially on the biggest day of the NFL year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NewCliche21 said:

If Snyder really did get excised from this team, it will be literally our biggest win in 30 years.

Please God, I'll convert whatever you want, vote whoever you want, EVEN LISTEN TO NICKELBACK if you make this happen.

I will consider buying season tickets if he's ousted and we get a legitimate owner again.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Minority owners of the team probably knew what was going on.  Is it possible they sold out thinking they wouldn't be tied or tried if the cheerleader(s) went forward with their allegations? A lot to ponder and a lot that we will probably never know.  We will know some of it but not most of it.  This is the beginning of the end and I think that Snyder knew this day could and would eventually come, purely speculation on my part because they sold out (Minority Owners); Dan buys the team and gets his last big payday.  Things to ponder and again pure speculation on my part.   

I still feel it was an attempted "Coup" Fred Smith could have easily bought if it was presented but either way they were done with Dan

3 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Basically, the billionaires are too scared to take Dan out, so its up to the regular joes like us to do it.  Its the only way he gets outed and probably only happens after the sponsors all quit.

It would have to be league sponsors.    

Team sponsors (if there are any left) wouldn't matter.  The other owners won't care so much.

But if the big league sponsors, like Anheiser-Busche, Gatorade, Visa, etc, get it in their craw they want Dan out, it will happen.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, Conn said:

The fact that the NFL allowed Florio to run that report live in the extended Super Bowl pregame is HUGE. This sort of national conversation is what we wanted and needed

This is what I was wondering too--was this NFL-approved? If so, it adds a lot more credence.

And now the big hurdle...

11 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

Wait, he's a legit source?  I've followed him for a long time, just thought he was another one of those super fans who dedicate a lot of time to writing about the team for funsies/misery.

I think he is.  He parlayed his super fan status into being a legit media member.  He does a great job of covering the team from halfway around the world.  He's a really good dude.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think he is.  He parlayed his super fan status into being a legit media member.  He does a great job of covering the team from halfway around the world.  He's a really good dude.

Oh, good for him!  I only know him from Twitter, but it's nice to see good guys getting ahead.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

*Quoted tweet on purpose*

Wait, who is "NFL henchmen?"  Like middle management, execs who aren't owners?  Either way, who would care what they thought, it's really just 31 people who can make or break this.

• Like 2