Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

35 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I just don't know what people believe that NFL "dirt" actually is. 

The primary suspicion is that the NFL owners have been colluding to keep player salaries low, which is of course illegal. The email trove that was released (which led to Jon Gruden getting axed) hinted at this, with NFL lawyer Jeff Pash saying in a leaked text that keeping player salaries low was "doing God's work."

I believe those emails were released by Snyder or one of his lackeys in an effort to smear Bruce Allen, which would be true to Snyder's vindictive nature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

The primary suspicion is that the NFL owners have been colluding to keep player salaries low, which is of course illegal. The email trove that was released (which led to Jon Gruden getting axed) hinted at this, with NFL lawyer Jeff Pash saying in a leaked text that keeping player salaries low was "doing God's work."

I believe those emails were released by Snyder or one of his lackeys in an effort to smear Bruce Allen, which would be true to Snyder's vindictive nature.

I'm certainly not the smartest guy in the room...but how is that actually possible? There's a negotiated salary cap and most teams spend up to it...so where is the collusion? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I'm certainly not the smartest guy in the room...but how is that actually possible? There's a negotiated salary cap and most teams spend up to it...so where is the collusion? 

I believe he's referring to the players piece of the pie, not necessarily the salary cap.  The owners goal is to keep as much of the profits to themselves vs. pay the help ie: the players.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I believe he's referring to the players piece of the pie, not necessarily the salary cap.  The owners goal is to keep as much of the profits to themselves vs. pay the help ie: the players.

Interesting...so referring to the actual amount that the NFLPA has negotiated that it would have? That would entail a lot of coverup and probably some level of fraud, so I could see how that would be a pretty big deal. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Interesting...so referring to the actual amount that the NFLPA has negotiated that it would have? That would entail a lot of coverup and probably some level of fraud, so I could see how that would be a pretty big deal. 

It's the kind of info that could bring down the league, so I'm not surprised that the NFL would support Snyder in order to protect themselves.

55 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

It's the kind of info that could bring down the league, so I'm not surprised that the NFL would support Snyder in order to protect themselves.

But is that truly what you believe? That they're lying about their revenue/earnings and sandbagging thereby reducing the amount that the NFLPA is getting? I'm just trying to understand what is being alleged. Like I said, I'm simple 

The cba is specific as to the split of revenue between the league and players, what revenue is counted against the total and how the calculation of the salary cap is determined based on all of these factors. It’s all laid out specifically in a legal document to an excruciating level of granularity. 

Each team is audited by an accredited Audit Firm, like Deloitte, KPMG, PWC, BDO or Grant Thornton.  It’s my understanding that each franchise can choose an audit firm of their choice. An audit partner has to sign to certify the results of the auditor.  The league also is audited, and again there is an external audit partner who has to certify the results. The reason CPA firms are partnerships is because if there is funny business with the audit, the actual audit partner can be charged, and doesn’t have the legal shield of a corporation.

So the chances the NFL could essential cook the books to lower the attributable revenue to the salary cap is extremely low.  It would amount to fraud, mis-representing financial information, and not only the league but the independent auditors all could go to jail.

Trying to scam a union is a REALLY bad idea and I rather doubt the NFL would even dare wander into that territory.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The nfl and owners blatantly colluded to keep salaries low in the uncapped year. And penalized Snyder for not playing along with the “spirit” of their collusion. He had a gun to their head and decided not to pull the trigger.