Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

Since winning the Super Bowl following the 2011 season; think the Giants have had only one playoff win. They have had 5 straight losing seasons. They just fired their 3rd coach, after 2 seasons.

Mara finally woke up. 

So now he has a Gm. Since no coach has been hired yet, the Giants aren’t too far behind the coaching search 8 -ball.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Since winning the Super Bowl following the 2011 season; think the Giants have had only one playoff win. They have had 5 straight losing seasons. They just fired their 3rd coach, after 2 seasons.

Mara finally woke up. 

So now he has a Gm. Since no coach has been hired yet, the Giants aren’t too far behind the coaching search 8 -ball.

Schoen is already interviewing HCs as well. 

Mayhew may be a fan favorite as a former player of this team but I think his track record of success past and present need to be evaluated.  The Giants just got Schoen from Buffalo whom we interviewed.  I can only hope that we elevate Eric Stokes get his shot and soon! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RWJ said:

Mayhew may be a fan favorite as a former player of this team but I think his track record of success past and present need to be evaluated.  The Giants just got Schoen from Buffalo whom we interviewed.  I can only hope that we elevate Eric Stokes get his shot and soon! 

I don’t get the impression anyone here really cares about Mayhew other than feeling the pressure to trust that he’s Ron’s guy and hopefully he’s improved over his career. I did not like any of our FO hires to be honest and many here feel the same way, given we were hoping for exactly Schoen or a similar guy at the time.

What has Stokes done to be elevated? We have virtually zero info on what goes on behind the scenes with personnel and scouting etc. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I don’t get the impression anyone here really cares about Mayhew other than feeling the pressure to trust that he’s Ron’s guy and hopefully he’s improved over his career. I did not like any of our FO hires to be honest and many here feel the same way, given we were hoping for exactly Schoen or a similar guy at the time.

What has Stokes done to be elevated? We have virtually zero info on what goes on behind the scenes with personnel and scouting etc. 

Mayhew record shows as a GM.  Stokes needs the chance and there were some ringing ensordements in articles I read about him.  

35 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Mayhew record shows as a GM.  Stokes needs the chance and there were some ringing ensordements in articles I read about him.  

Is he the pro personnel guy right now? I’ve heard about Tim Gribble because he’s the college personnel guy, more than Stokes 

17 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Is he the pro personnel guy right now? I’ve heard about Tim Gribble because he’s the college personnel guy, more than Stokes 

Believe he'd be the next man up if Mayhew and Co. were let go of if the WFT hired w/in.  His title is:  SENIOR DIRECTOR OF PLAYER PERSONNEL  

Eric Stokes (washingtonfootball.com)

Edited by RWJ
  • Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Giants are doing it the right way, the way Ive always wanted: hire a bright young up and comer executive from a winning program and let him hire the coach and build properly.

We keep doing things backwards. Giants will surpass us by 2023 at the latest.

How many teams have "done it the right way" and still fail? This anointing the Giants before they've hired a HC, signed or drafted a player is a bit premature I think.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

How many teams have "done it the right way" and still fail? This anointing the Giants before they've hired a HC, signed or drafted a player is a bit premature I think.

Yeah let's wait for them to win a game or two too...

That kind of jealousy is a bit annoying really.

Snyder could hire the two best guys in the job, it's quite probable they would both fail as well. See the LaFemina's experiment. Guy was highly regarded, camed with a background and lasted what? less than a year.

• Like 2

Are we ever gonna be good? I really wish shanny lasted another year and we hired Andy Reid after he got fired, once in a decade opportunity. We wont be good under Rivera we might be ok in some games but overall i dont expect much i dont care how “respected” He is in the league, theres zero creativity on both sides of the ball. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's not often teams actually 'do it the right way' and fail.  I guess you would need to define 'failure' because if it's anything short of a Super Bowl, then yeah - teams fail all the time. 

If you asked me which team in our division I'd invest in, it would be the Giants.  It pains me to say that and of course I hope they swing and miss at QB, because that will be the key to whether this new regime is cooking with fire or not. 

2 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

theres zero creativity on both sides of the ball. 

There is creativity on the offensive side of the ball by Turner even though folks don't want to credit him with it.

As for the defense, yeah - they certainly left something to be desired in that category.  However, that tends to happen when you are missing the most vital piece to a successful defense.  They need to get a legit MLB this offseason and if they still can't get it together, Del Rio will be sent packing.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yes this is quite depressing.  Here's a little stat I like to pull out just to show what a monumental loser our current owner is.

Every ****ing team in the league has been in a conference championship game since 1999, the year Schneder took stewardship of our beloved team except the following 7 teams:

Bills

Browns

Cowboys

Dolphins

Lions

Texans

Washington Football Team

The Jaguars?  Yeah they've been in one.

The Jets?  Yeah the ****ing Jets have been in the AFC championship game since then.

The Giants?  Yep.

The Panthers?  The Bears?  The Falcons?  Yes, yes and yes.

Edited by Rocky21

9 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

Yes this is quite depressing.  Here's a little stat I like to pull out just to show what a monumental loser our current owner is.

Every ****ing team in the league has been in a conference championship game since 1999, the year Schneder took stewardship of our beloved team except the following 7 teams:

Bills

Browns

Cowboys

Dolphins

Lions

Texans

Washington Football Team

The Jaguars?  Yeah they've been in one.

The Jets?  Yeah the ****ing Jets have been in the AFC championship game since then.

The Giants?  Yep.

The Panthers?  The Bears?  The Falcons?  Yes, yes and yes.

Bills were in the AFC Championship game last year.  That’s one team you can take off the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

It's not often teams actually 'do it the right way' and fail.  I guess you would need to define 'failure' because if it's anything short of a Super Bowl, then yeah - teams fail all the time. 

If you asked me which team in our division I'd invest in, it would be the Giants.  It pains me to say that and of course I hope they swing and miss at QB, because that will be the key to whether this new regime is cooking with fire or not. 

They way things have been going for 25 years here, Mara will pull his head out of his ass and they'll start winning (Giants fans are insufferable.) The 9ers had a **** owner too--pulled his head out of his ass and now they're winning again. Meanwhile, we're stuck with the Dancing Midget Snyder.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 1/22/2022 at 10:54 AM, Rdskns2000 said:

Mara finally woke up. 

I like to believe that the football gods cursed him because of his abuses during the "Spirit of the cap" fiasco. I think his team has been in the dumpster since then.