Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I said it before: the NFL is going to regret approving Snyder's 100% takeover of the team. Shouldn't they have seen this coming? Isn't this a pretty big red flag that Snyder is now turning on the lawyer he himself hired???

Maybe the Sports Junkies will be vindicated after all...

The Washington Football Team and attorney Beth Wilkinson are at odds over Wilkinson wanting to unveil details in a past sexual harassment lawsuit filed against the team, according to Pro Football Talk and Law360.com.

Wilkinson — who was hired by team owner Dan Snyder to investigate the team's culture — reportedly wants to unveil previously confidential information from a past sexual harassment lawsuit, according to Law360.com. Wilkinson is trying to move up a hearing on the subject. The team believes Wilkinson is doing that to leak damaging information about the team.

Wilkinson said she is trying to move up the hearing because she has another trial set for June 2, the day the Washington hearing was originally supposed to take place. Wilkinson also believes the confidential information in the lawsuit will be helpful for her investigation, and that the fight over making the information public has dragged on too long.

The Washington Football Team believes Wilkinson's attorney threatened to leak sensitive information about the team in an email. In that email, Wilkinson's attorney says "any hearing on this [issue] could be a disaster for” the team." Wilkinson explained the email was not meant as a threat, and that if the Team continues to fight the issue, the court is going to look harder for additional material that should be unredacted.

It's believed Wilkinson wants information from a 2009 sexual harassment lawsuit in which the Team allegedly paid $1.6 million to settle a sexual harassment lawsuit against Snyder, according to the Washington Post.

NFL will let Beth Wilkinson run investigation

The NFL drew criticism last August after it said it wouldn't hire an independent investigator to look into Washington's alleged misconduct. Instead, the league said it would rely on Wilkinson's investigation into the situation.

Given that Wilkinson is being paid by Snyder, some wondered whether the NFL not hiring an additional investigator was a good idea. While Wilkinson's full report hasn't been filed yet, her fight to get that 2009 lawsuit unredacted indicates she's not going to go easy on the Team despite being hired by Snyder.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 4

This is all so typical. Snyder somehow believes that anyone blowing a whistle or investigating the countless claims against him is guilty of defamation. How about he NOT cause all these issues that require investigations and he wouldn't have to worry about it. 

The fact that he's now "at odds" with Wilkinson should be all the NFL needs to know that they got this one wrong. 

• Like 3

On 4/27/2021 at 12:38 PM, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I said it before: the NFL is going to regret approving Snyder's 100% takeover of the team. Shouldn't they have seen this coming? Isn't this a pretty big red flag that Snyder is now turning on the lawyer he himself hired???

Not really an issue, imo. Everything they would have/could have done while the minority owners were on board they can still do now. The only thing allowing Snyder to purchase their shares really did was take the public beef between Snyder and the minority owners out of the headlines.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This is all so typical. Snyder somehow believes that anyone blowing a whistle or investigating the countless claims against him is guilty of defamation. How about he NOT cause all these issues that require investigations and he wouldn't have to worry about it. 

The fact that he's now "at odds" with Wilkinson should be all the NFL needs to know that they got this one wrong. 

I believe most of us with the appropriate takes regarding Snyder rumors, knew full well that Junkie's rumor had legs, and that it was planted on them to make it 'news'.  This only solidifies that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Not really an issue, imo. Everything they would have/could have done while the minority owners were on board they can still do now. The only thing allowing Snyder to purchase their shares really did was take the public beef between Snyder and the minority owners out of the headlines.

I'm just gonna hold out hope for the miniscule chance that somehow Wilkinson report forces the NFL to do the right thing.  Until my hope is quashed for good, this is me1866142830_giphy(5).gif.cc873bdc80058fc63670cb3824552239.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

43 minutes ago, bearrock said:

I'm just gonna hold out hope for the miniscule chance that somehow Wilkinson report forces the NFL to do the right thing.  Until my hope is quashed for good, this is me.

I'm right there with you...well, I also don't think having Snyder purchase the minority owners' shares of the team is an indication that no punishments will come Snyder's way (not saying you feel that way). I'm just not sure either way at this point. I suspect that at least some sort of punishment will be levied and it won't be a slap on the wrist. I'm just not familiar enough with what options the NFL has at its disposal other than suspension, oversight, or forced to sell. I would take any of those with my preference being in the opposite order.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

@Califan007 Absolutely! 

I just can't comprehend being in his shoes and staying in attack mode. Even if there were a bunch of bad things that happened without his knowledge, he should feel extremely fortunate to have navigated a bunch of land mines and made it out. It seems the longer he extends this and the more publicity he invites, the more likely something will be pinned to him. 

Here's hoping 

• Like 2

On 4/30/2021 at 10:05 AM, FrFan said:

If we look even closer, we can see that Ron doesn't need to follow what McDermott did in Buffalo because McDermott was Ron's coordinator and Ron is an adult capable of making his own plans.  Ron didn't need a Bills coach to tell him how to draft Chase Young, how to coach his team to the playoffs, or how to pick his players in the 2nd draft.

Gotta love that last bullet point though. Ron needed to look at McDermott's notes to decide to.... *shuffles notes* "Draft well". Lmaooooooooo

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m one of those guys who thinks Dan has done the absolute best that he possibly can for this organization. I also think that he’s a giant piece of crap, sucks as a leader and is just a garbage human being in general which explains why his absolute best is so piss poor.

• Thanks 1

Ron was on with Collinsworth yesterday and its a good interview.  I thought his take on trading for or trading up for a QB was interesting, I've never heard him express that angle before.  The QB portion starts at 23:10.

• Like 4