Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

there were reports they tried to buy dan out and he dug his feet in.  Its possible they were trying to do something about it and Dan just wont let go, and their next plan of action was to get out... or at least leverage their 40%

They had a LOT more in their arsenal than buying Dan out. Again, if they knew (and let's face it, they'll probably say they did not) and either buying Dan's stock or selling their own stock is their go-to move, it was probably not so that they could change the team culture. They've been minority owners throughout Snyder's tenure (I assume that hasn't changed), and this has been going on throughout the last 15 years if not longer. If they knew what was going on, they had ample opportunity to do something. Wanting to buy Dan's stock or sell their own sseems more tied to the dwindling attendance rates and the overall value of the Skins starting to drop over the last 4-5 years...the timing fits better for that than for sexual harassment culture making them want to get out.

• Like 1

Just now, DiscoBob said:

Its all born out of the desire to rid the team of Snyder.  Would you rather another 20 years of incompetence and embarrassment with Snyder, or a massive low point followed by a reboot with a new owner? I’m not sure which path is better, but I’m very sympathetic toward those who want to see Snyder burn...

Exactly. If something has ALREADY HAPPENED, I want it to come out. What's pathetic is wanting ANY scenario as a fan where this goon continues to own the team for the next however many years. 

The #FireBruceAllen hashtag seemed to bring us good mojo. Maybe it's time to finally come up with one that gets to the absolute root of the team's problem.. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, veteranskinsfan said:

I just called into The Team 980 Kevin Sheehan show

I heard that call

the only reason to do it would be to retain access to the money printing machine

not sure his ego could handle it and not sure if that would actually be enough to get more investors. 

but it’s certainly an option. Just don’t think snyder would go for it. 

The stench of self preservation is rife amongst this chain of event. 

The league and media included.

I also think the league punishment will piss the fan base off more than the organisation. They will consider themselves lucky, we’ll feel aggrieved yet again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Apparently the Daily Caller is going to run the "rest" of the story. I would prefer a more reliable publication to run the story. They do, however, have a right-wing bias, so that will remove any sort of political-bias disqualification.

If anything, it's interesting to see that you have a left-wing outlet (Post) and right-wing outlet (Daily Caller), which is the definition of balance. Look... everyone hates Dan Snyder.

Edited by ntotoro
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I felt like I wrote that lol...

I don't get this part, though:

"Wrote Nicole Auerbach, a sportswriter with the Athletic: “I am so disgusted by each and every person who teased/promoted a serious story about more than a dozen women being sexually harassed as if [it] was some inside joke.”

What did she mean there?...Anyone know?

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

[Paul Farhi tweet]

That constitutes writing a "story" for the Post?

A few paragraphs that mention there were rumors that preceded the sexual harassment piece?

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'll hate it if they penalize our cap space and/or draft picks, to me that will be pencil whipping the process and it wont do anything but put the final nail in the coffin for this team, might as well move them at that point.

I hope Goodell takes a different approach to hit Dan where it hurts but don't penalize what few fans are left.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

"Wrote Nicole Auerbach, a sportswriter with the Athletic: “I am so disgusted by each and every person who teased/promoted a serious story about more than a dozen women being sexually harassed as if [it] was some inside joke.”

Everyone of the "insiders" who rushed to social media to brag about knowing the story were just trying to get credit for being insiders. Claiming to be in the know on the "inside joke" only helped to lessen the spotlight on a very serious issue. Look right here were we are talking about the rumors and not the actual sexual harassment.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

I'll hate it if they penalize our cap space and/or draft picks, to me that will be pencil whipping the process and it wont do anything but put the final nail in the coffin for this team, might as well move them at that point.

I hope Goodell takes a different approach to hit Dan where it hurts but don't penalize what few fans are left.

Major fine to Dan that has to go to groups that support Women's groups. Demand a public apology.

I would make him donate to Native American groups as well but that is a different topic. 

• Like 2

If the NFL was really serious , they would:

Conduct their own investigation . Penalize us at minimum by taking our 2021 first round pick and impose a cap penality for 2021. Then fine Dan Snyder.

I doubt that happens. Dan gets a fine and we lose a lower round pick and they accept Dan's lawyer investigation.

They know if they punish Dan to harshly, it would set a president that would come back on them. You know other teams probably have similar scandals of their own.

The only way this even leads to Dan being forced to sell, is if Dan himself is implicated and the other rumored stuff comes out and is able to be verified.

20 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

He is entitled to feel that way but if you do feel that way, why continue to post on the team owned message board?

If you really want Snyder removed, you go after the sponsors. Boycotting the team isn't going to do much. If Rivera has this team winning, most fans will be there. 

You have to hit the team and the NFL where it really hurts, their sponsors. 

Oh absolutely he's entitled to feel that way..

Because I still love this team..I'm a fan of the Redskins/__________...

He dosent appear to be..alot of folks dont..sooo I ask

IF YOU'RE NOT A FAN OF THE TEAM WHY HAVE AN ACCOUNT HERE?... I am not intending to be disrespectful I am not trying to say who belongs here and who don't for God's sake 3/4 of the board feel I don't belong here.. and I'm tired of being laughed at for asking this question it's a legitimate question. And besides while most of you Facebook and Twitter and all that other social media stuff...I don't..never have never will..well that never have is a stretch..my mommie started a FB account for me before..it lasted 3 days....anyway

45 minutes ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

That's the story, I think Synder has has avoided.  He's an enabler of toxic culture, why wasn't Synder setting the example of the workplace culture?  15 women signed NDA's, why is Danny shutting them up? (more than likely this culture lasted for years) Why not release them from their NDA's?  Is Synder telling us he didn't know?

If there's a "gotcha!" moment from this story, this is it.  Snyder knew, had NDA's signed and covered it up.  That *might* be enough to get him out of the NFL.

As an aside, something I've always wondered...when people spell it Synder, is that a thing?  Or do a lot of you just have a hard time putting N before Y?

4 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

Everyone of the "insiders" who rushed to social media to brag about knowing the story were just trying to get credit for being insiders. Claiming to be in the know on the "inside joke" only helped to lessen the spotlight on a very serious issue. Look right here were we are talking about the rumors and not the actual sexual harassment.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Maybe poorly worded on her part, but I gathered she was talking about how everyone had to tweet about how they knew the scoop, but couldn't/wouldn't say anything about it.

Both of these together make sense...Thanks.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, skeenzfan said:

I hope this blows up so badly in Snyder's face that the NFL forces him to sell the team like they did with Jerry Richardson. That is the only silver lining to this whole mess. 

But the key difference here is that...didn't Jerry Richardson do things himself?  Snyder hasn't...or at least, it hasn't been reported yet.

8 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

That constitutes writing a "story" for the Post?

A few paragraphs that mention there were rumors that preceded the sexual harassment piece?

Yeah, that's part of the reason I said it felt like I wrote that lol...like it would have been a post i wrote and not a story from a major news outlet.

12 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I do...see something say something ****ers!!

11 minutes ago, Hoover-ball said:

It so said that "Social Media Clout" is more important than the facts.  

Edited by heyholetsgogrant
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I believe she is calling out all the other reporters that kept hyping the article, like they knew what it was about, but really they knew nothing.

• Like 1