Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So, how do you reopen schools? (Preschool to High School & even College)

88Comrade2000

Just now, dfitzo53 said:

We were told the same thing in Baltimore City. Supposedly the CDC says 3 feet is almost as effective as 6 if everyone is wearing a mask properly.

Story shared with us is that CDC says 6 but WHO says 3. 

Reality is that 6 is not practical.

• Like 2

Just now, dfitzo53 said:

We were told the same thing in Baltimore City. Supposedly the CDC says 3 feet is almost as effective as 6 if everyone is wearing a mask properly.

See my edit. Equally as effective. Meaning pretty much completely ineffective. If there’s a contagious kid in class, even with mask use at an average level, most likely the majority of people in that classroom will be sick within two weeks. 

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

See my edit. Equally as effective. Meaning pretty much completely ineffective. If there’s a contagious kid in class, even with mask use at an average level, most likely the majority of people in that classroom will be sick within two weeks. 

Fairfax delayed the start by two weeks for students. Officially this is to give time to train staff on new procedures.

I think it's probably to give more time to see how things go, more than anything.

I think there's a pretty good chance we don't physically open at all.

• Like 3

On 7/10/2020 at 10:11 AM, SkinInsite said:

That seem to be stupid, not getting your workforce onboard first.

Well another way of looking at it is that if they did the info would get posted on Facebook and probably some of it would be wrong in some way and mess up having a clean roll out and messaging and not having to spend a bunch of time correcting it 

1 hour ago, youngestson said:

Not even a little. 

kids vary and generally theres a teaching/rule following thing involved but they don’t have the baggage of a life of identity politics that guides them towards ignoring safety because they don’t want to look like one of them liberals

you can work with kids. You’ll get mixed results but it’s possible. The adults at this point are beyond any working with. 

5 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Is this really CDC or Trumped-up CDC? Fair question these days.

This was before Trump complained that the CDC guidelines were too tough. They might have been changed by now... I haven't looked.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Any word if any of the Pence children or Barron Trump will enroll in public schools this fall?

I mean, that’s kinda unfair. I don’t think that any presidential children attend public schools.

1 hour ago, techboy said:

Fairfax delayed the start by two weeks for students. Officially this is to give time to train staff on new procedures.

I think it's probably to give more time to see how things go, more than anything.

I think there's a pretty good chance we don't physically open at all.

I am ALL FOR delaying the start. And I agree it’s great to just get a barometer of how things are. If schools don’t open then so be it. I’m glad, that in Fairfax County, they are taking these things into consideration and adjusting as needed.

Edited by Springfield
  • Like 1

DeVOS: There are really good examples that have been utilized in the private sector.

No there are not. The successful models come from other countries which were successful in containing COVID-19. Not the private sector.

Step one is contain the disease, not send kids back to school. You witless ()*Y^(^&% shill.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tshile said:

Well another way of looking at it is that if they did the info would get posted on Facebook and probably some of it would be wrong in some way and mess up having a clean roll out and messaging and not having to spend a bunch of time correcting it 

kids vary and generally theres a teaching/rule following thing involved but they don’t have the baggage of a life of identity politics that guides them towards ignoring safety because they don’t want to look like one of them liberals

you can work with kids. You’ll get mixed results but it’s possible. The adults at this point are beyond any working with. 

Schools and the people in them don't exist in a vacuum separated from society.

I've worked with kids for over 20 years. Mostly in middle school, and they very certainly have political/social baggage in middle school. And that's in addition to a natural tendency to at least test boundaries and rules. 

Whatever restrictions or protocols may be implemented there will absolutely positively be push-back from both students and parents. Students will quite likely be sent home for refusing to wear a mask, or wash their hands, or maintain a distance. I can only imagine the social media outrage which will follow. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

LAUSD just announced all-online classes. Think the family and I may pack up and live in the mountains for a bit or something. Feel very fortunate that we can work and my kids are young enough where they don't seem to be going too crazy. Know for others it is so much more difficult and a lot of older kids are missing out on what could be the best time of their lives -- high school sports, romances, bullying nerds you will later work for, etc...

Seriously, everyone. Wear a damn mask. 

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 1