Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2021 o line thread

bakedtater1

My call today is LT-Christian LG-Martin C-Roullier RG-Sherff RT-Moses 

They aren't going to fool anyone into calling them the hogs but I think they will good enough to get the job done.

Any early injuries could change this toon real quick.

I've always liked Christian and thought he played fine anytime he did. I think he has upside and could pleasantly surprise many, if he earns the job. Lately, I'm more concerned with Moses and what seems like a rapid decline, hope he turns that around.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2020 at 1:27 AM, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

My call today is LT-Christian LG-Martin C-Roullier RG-Sherff RT-Moses 

They aren't going to fool anyone into calling them the hogs but I think they will good enough to get the job done.

Any early injuries could change this toon real quick.

I've always liked Christian and thought he played fine anytime he did. I think he has upside and could pleasantly surprise many, if he earns the job. Lately, I'm more concerned with Moses and what seems like a rapid decline, hope he turns that around.

I hope you're right about the getting it done part.  I'm nervous. 

I really hope you're right about Martin.  It would be a big win if he can beat out Schweitzer and take over LG for us.  Schweitzer isn't anything special but I believe we brought him in to start unless someone in camp shows out... and Martin beating him would mean he showed out.  

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 9:56 AM, checmate21 said:

Dallas d-line go rip our oline apart

Not liking our oline what so ever right now

Maybe it’s just me and my Cowboy bias.  But I don’t fear Dallas’ D line.  We’ll see I guess.  Got some strong linebackers though.

14 hours ago, Vanguard said:

Maybe it’s just me and my Cowboy bias.  But I don’t fear Dallas’ D line.  We’ll see I guess.  Got some strong linebackers though.

I think their D-line is underrated. McCoy's injury didn't help but Dontari Poe, Tyrone Crawford and Neville Gallimore are solid DTs and Everson Griffen and Demarcus Lawrence are really strong DEs. They also have the wildcard Aldon Smith where early reports are that he is doing surprisingly good - who knows how accurate they are but they got a very solid line even without him. They are for sure better than our O-line as of now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

I think their D-line is underrated. McCoy's injury didn't help but Dontari Poe, Tyrone Crawford and Neville Gallimore are solid DTs and Everson Griffen and Demarcus Lawrence are really strong DEs. They also have the wildcard Aldon Smith where early reports are that he is doing surprisingly good - who knows how accurate they are but they got a very solid line even without him. They are for sure better than our O-line as of now.

I hate to say it but I have to agree with you.  Their strength on defense is their front 7 if they can stay healthy.  The good news is that their secondary is a giant question mark.  Diggs looks to be a stud, but he's still a rookie with no offseason.  They are going to have get beat on 1st and 2nd down.  3rd and long all game could be a nightmare. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Panninho said:

Trysten Hill can play as well.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

Why does our best inside lineman, Scherff, operate on the right side? It sort of made sense when we had a stalwart LT, but now we need as much blindside protection as possible. It would also help to have at least one calming veteran presence on that side.

I wouldn't mess with the right side of the line.  It's one of our only strengths on offense and we have a functional right handed running game because of them, including getting two critical red zone running TDs on Sunday.  Moses and Scherff move that edge and they get after it on inside zone and outside power.  We need to find someone else to fox the left side.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

So the NextGen stats say that we have the worst rated LG and 2nd worst rated LT in the entire NFL starting on our left side of the 0-line....How do we handle this? Where is Donald Penn? 

When do we put Sahdiq Charles in there? 

I don't think there is an immediate fix or a quick fix. Got to hope they grow into the roles or that Charles or someone else on the roster emerges. They might nab an o lineman who is running on fumes who wants one last ride into the sunset, I kind of hoped they would do this with final cuts, but I think this is the Team for now.

23 hours ago, D’Pablo said:

Why does our best inside lineman, Scherff, operate on the right side? It sort of made sense when we had a stalwart LT, but now we need as much blindside protection as possible. It would also help to have at least one calming veteran presence on that side.

because according to those in the know RG is more difficult that LG and Scherff doesn't have the athleticism for LT in the NFL