Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

14 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I wouldn't risk an earlier pick. Dude is raw, only played TE for less than 2 years.

He’s a UDFA in my opinion unless you get to round 6/7 and you’re drafting purely on potential and RAS

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

He’s a UDFA in my opinion unless you get to round 6/7 and you’re drafting purely on potential and RAS

Potential is all you would be taking for. Like I said, if I was to use a late rounder on one of these potential guys I like Ben Mason and Briley Moore better, they are physical guys.

Edited by DWinzit

Kdawg, was thinking a little bit about Jenkins, and if he can slide in to guard, he has additional value. Maybe, worst case scenario, he’s a Scherff replacement and saves us 16 million next year. 

Also, I’d love it if our OL was more physical in terms of run blocking. He’s being a component that Moses doesn’t really, and that we don’t have at LT. 

4 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Kdawg, was thinking a little bit about Jenkins, and if he can slide in to guard, he has additional value. Maybe, worst case scenario, he’s a Scherff replacement and saves us 16 million next year. 

Also, I’d love it if our OL was more physical in terms of run blocking. He’s being a component that Moses doesn’t really, and that we don’t have at LT. 

I think there will be adequate Scherff replacements in rounds 2/3/4/5 and wouldn’t love using 19 on a guard that isn’t named AVT.

With the 19th pick, the WFT must take the best player available regardless of position with the possible exception of DT.  They don't want to draft a bust or below average player in the first round by reaching for a player at a particularly position.  If they are targeting a position, then they should either move up or back, if possible, to get that player when he is the BPA on their board.  If they can't, draft the best player available...please.

• Like 3

If Darrisaw projects to be a better RT than LT then I'd rather just play him there. Move Moses to LT or something like that(he played well there last year IIRC).

I don't want to draft a G in the 1st round. Its just not impactful enough.

I'm now on the Jamin Davis bandwagon though and would actually be okay even taking him at 19.

56 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I have read a lot of good things about Brown as a RT.

Who does everyone have as having potential to play LT?

Sewell

Darrisaw

Cosmi

Eichenberg

Leatherwood

Radunz

Mayfield

I think Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw are the primaries but honestly wouldn’t be surprised if any of them slid to the right. 

I think Leatherwood is a LT. 

Cosmi is a LT. 

Radunz likely is a LT. 

Mayfield is a RT. 

Eich I could see playing on either side. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

If our best option at #19, is to take the fourth best Left Tackle in the draft then I’d be getting pretty desperate to trade back at that stage

Why does it matter whether it's the second, third or fourth? Teams miss on prospects all the time. Would only look at the player in an isolated way. Last year Tristan Wirfs was the fourth tackle taken and he was probably the best of them all. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think Sewell, Slater and Darrisaw are the primaries but honestly wouldn’t be surprised if any of them slid to the right. 

Cosmi is a LT. 

Radunz likely is a LT. 

Mayfield is a RT. 

Both starting OTs will be free agents after the upcoming season so it's a good time to invest in the position even if S.Charles can come back and compete as a Tackle.  The question in my mind is whether any of the top Tackles will last to the 19th pick in the second round.  We can guess but we never know.  I'm willing to pass on an equally rated, or slightly higher rated, WR for an OT.  

31 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Cosmi is a LT. 

Radunz likely is a LT. 

Mayfield is a RT. 

So if Darrisaw and Cosmi were gone and we went Zaven or Jamin at 19 or a little later if they trade back, then Radunz, Leatherwood or Eich would be a good 2nd rounder

You are much higher on Leatherwood than I am, he just seemed stiff to me

25 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Does anyone else look at Jamin Davis and think he could be a more athletic Thomas Davis for the new Rivera regime?

I find myself becoming much more intrigued by Davis and imagine him playing behind our DL and with another year of experience...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

If you are going guard at 19 you take AVT over Jenkins. AVT is the best interior lineman in the draft. If you think Jenkins is a LT than you take him instead. 

• Like 1