Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

😮

One of the more entertaining highlight reels I've seen for the rising junior receivers.  Such breathtaking speed.  He'll probably be limited to the middle rounds because of his size, but he's a T.Y. Hilton clone.  You can't pile on the touches with him and he'll probably miss a couple of games per season, but what a weapon.  He beat the devil out of Andre Cisco last year.  I would love to get a top notch deep threat like him to move those safeties back for Haskins.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2020 at 9:27 PM, Anselmheifer said:

Am I crazy for looking at Gregory Rousseau and seeing Justin Tuck? Close to the same height and weight. Tuck looked a little thicker. Both were position flexible guys that had a lot of their sacks and pressures from the inside. 

Also, has anyone here broken down Chazz Surratt? He's PFF's 4th ranked LB this year. 6'3" and 230 pounds and runs a 4.5. He had 115 tackles and 6.5 sacks last year. Looks good in coverage. Productive against big time opponents, including Clemson.  Less than 2 full years of experience at LB. Previously played QB. Could wind up being a steal if he drops. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4037521/chazz-surratt

As a UNC alum I watched Chazz closely; ball hawk and natural leader 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 8:25 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

Impressive Sophomore year highlights from Nick Bolton:

I see some London Fletcher.  That first hit on Juan Jennings was savage.

Could be a really solid pickup if he’s available after the first. Potential long term starter at MIKE, I would think. And a ton of our LB’s are on one year contracts. 

Scouting report reads as if he is instinctive, fundamentally sound in terms of his reads and gap control, good at slipping/shedding blocks, and is a thumper despite his size. He’s about 6’0” and 230 and not an elite athlete, but also not a poor athlete. 

The video below has some better footage of the JuJuan Jennings hit, but the audio is probably NSFW. 

Edit: Also, if Reuben Foster does well and gets resigned, imagine the physicality of a defense with Nick Bolton and Reuben Foster playing behind our DL. I wouldn’t want to be an opposing RB. 

Edited by Anselmheifer
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

The video below has some better footage of the JuJuan Jennings hit, but the audio is probably NSFW. 

Edit: Also, if Reuben Foster does well and gets resigned, imagine the physicality of a defense with Nick Bolton and Reuben Foster playing behind our DL. I wouldn’t want to be an opposing RB. 

Can I just say that the end of this where the guy says "That's some damn black on black crime, right there" is ****ing hilarious?

11 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

He has brothers who all play as well, take your pick on who has the strangest name.

Amron-Ra

Osiris

Equanimeous

I had no idea Equanimeous was his brother. I wanted is to draft him a couple years back. I’m really surprised he didn’t blossom in GB.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 11:35 AM, stevemcqueen1 said:

😮

One of the more entertaining highlight reels I've seen for the rising junior receivers.  Such breathtaking speed.  He'll probably be limited to the middle rounds because of his size, but he's a T.Y. Hilton clone.  You can't pile on the touches with him and he'll probably miss a couple of games per season, but what a weapon.  He beat the devil out of Andre Cisco last year.  I would love to get a top notch deep threat like him to move those safeties back for Haskins.

I don’t know that he’s a T.Y. Hilton clone. Hilton was 5’9.5” and 183 at the combine. Tutu Atwell is listed at 5’9” and 163. At some point, a WR is just too small, right? Atwell looks like a Brandon Banks clone. I used to think it was super funny how huge Brandon Banks’ helmet looked on him. 

Like everyone else, I have a huge man crush on Sewell and Micah Parsons. But, I’m starting to think we will be picking lower. I like but don’t love the second tier LT’s. Like but don’t love the CB’s. Farley has played almost no press. Sustain doesn’t have elite speed. Wade basically hasn’t played outside at all and now won’t get the chance to prove he can do it. I wonder how much that makes him drop. 

Im starting to fall in love with Kyle Pitt’s if we are picking too low to grab Sewell or Parsons. McLaurin, Sims, and Pitts would give is a very good group of receiving options. That’s a better skill group than the Giants or Eagles. And if you add in a FA WR, like Juju, it’s suddenly on par with the Cowboys. 

• Like 1

I like each of Surtain, Farley, and Wade.  Wade is an absolute dog.  The rare tone setter mentality in the back end of your defense.  Farley is a big time playmaker, which is nice to have with a high pressure dl.  You want good ballhawking zone guys.  And Surtain is a blue chipper.  There are some other good corners in the first round mix too, the only one I really don't like So far is Paulson Adebo.  A BPA corner would be a good outcome for us given how dismal our roster situation at that position is.  Kendall Fuller is good, but then we're basically pinning our hopes on Darby, who has not been good at all the past few seasons; Moreland, an undersized late round pick; and Moreau, who was pretty bad last season.

A first round corner and a big tree agent signing could transform the secondary from one of the league's worst to best in a single off-season, and then we're talking about not just a dynamic front seven but a championship caliber defense.  Desmond King is the big time FA that I covet.  He'd be such a weapon in the slot, and such a good leader for the secondary.  I honestly think that if we got him and Wade/Farley/Surtain and someone like Nick Bolton on day 2, we would have the most fearsome and enviable defense in the league.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I like each of Surtain, Farley, and Wade.  Wade is an absolute dog.  The rare tone setter mentality in the back end of your defense.  Farley is a big time playmaker, which is nice to have with a high pressure dl.  You want good ballhawking zone guys.  And Surtain is a blue chipper.  There are some other good corners in the first round mix too, the only one I really don't like So far is Paulson Adebo.  A BPA corner would be a good outcome for us given how dismal our roster situation at that position is.  Kendall Fuller is good, but then we're basically pinning our hopes on Darby, who has not been good at all the past few seasons; Moreland, an undersized late round pick; and Moreau, who was pretty bad last season.

A first round corner and a big tree agent signing could transform the secondary from one of the league's worst to best in a single off-season, and then we're talking about not just a dynamic front seven but a championship caliber defense.  Desmond King is the big time FA that I covet.  He'd be such a weapon in the slot, and such a good leader for the secondary.  I honestly think that if we got him and Wade/Farley/Surtain and someone like Nick Bolton on day 2, we would have the most fearsome and enviable defense in the league.

Wade is such a good tackler. I think he could play some slot and safety probably. His lack of experience on the outside worries me. I think you could probably however just move Fuller outside, play Wade in the slot and sign another outside CB. 

If you had to pick one of those 3 CB’s, for our defense, who would you choose?

6 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Wade is such a good tackler. I think he could play some slot and safety probably. His lack of experience on the outside worries me. I think you could probably however just move Fuller outside, play Wade in the slot and sign another outside CB. 

If you had to pick one of those 3 CB’s, for our defense, who would you choose?

Farley was my initial gut reaction, but Surtain is probably the rational choice as he'll likely be the CB1 heading into the season at least.  But it's really hard to tier these guys without the benefit of the season.  For all we know none of the three end up being CB1 by January.  Surtain is a traditional man coverage star who is almost certainly going to be a first round pick so he's probably the most projectable guy to be CB1.  Every team will like him.  You're getting confident island man coverage with him.  Completely rounded skill set.  Physical.  But he doesn't turn the ball over like Farley.  I want to take full advantage of our defensive line and get some hawks, to the point where I would sacrifice some physicality and/or versatility to get that playmaking juice in the secondary.  Obviously that could backfire if you lose your DL, but that formula pretty much powered the Seahawks and Broncos to championships earlier in the decade.

Wade's a former five star.  I think he would have been fine on the outside, Arnette was older and Okuda was better so you had a situation where he had to wait his turn.  And unfortunately for him, he's losing his senior season and it looks like his competition is going to play.  He really could have used another season to demonstrate playmaking ability.  Farley, Surtain, and Mukuamu have shown much more playmaking ability and Wade could get pushed down the board from not having the opportunity to show he's as good as them.

He's got a little buzz heading into the season and this guy could end up being CB1 by the end of the season:

Physically, he looks like AJ Green.  He's almost as big as Tee Higgins and he's the rare ballhawk who can turn it over from man coverage on the outside.  Looks raw compared to the other CBs, and he's got the most to gain from putting forth a big season.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That is the most epic mock draft class we've ever had.  Can this please happen IRL?

I don’t even like Brevin Jordan and that class looks awesome. 

what are your thoughts on Jordan? Awesome athlete, but my understanding is that his ball skills are poor. 

Early rookie hype from guys who would know:

Swift

Bartch

Walker 

Jefferson

Dugger

Aiyuk

Bryant 

Jeudy

Claypool

Bradley

Jackson

Cushenberry 

Among many others. Just thought some may want to see a few names while we wait for football.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, is there a real possibility that some major college conferences will play this year, while some don't ?

Definitely, though I suspect nobody finishes their schedule.

*Other camp dominators, Rosen & Lock. The Colts made a costly mistake going after Rivers rather than Rosen, but NE & the rest of the league will soon find out how badly they missed on those two as well. We can’t make people listen, we can only give them the best information available.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So, is there a real possibility that some major college conferences will play this year, while some don't ?

I saw Mayfield from Michigan has already opted out regardless and declared for the 21 draft. Should be a first rounder.

• Like 1