Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

There's absolutely no way we go 1-15, these guys are smoking the good stuff. They're applying the culture mess to actual wins/losses, I guarantee it. 

We'll split the Eagles and Giants, beat the Bengals, beat the Panthers, and win 2 games between the Rams, Browns, Cardinals, and Lions. I think 6-10 is probably about what we'll do, at worst we go 4-12. Ceiling is probably 7-9/8-8. 

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

There's absolutely no way we go 1-15, these guys are smoking the good stuff. They're applying the culture mess to actual wins/losses, I guarantee it. 

We'll split the Eagles and Giants, beat the Bengals, beat the Panthers, and win 2 games between the Rams, Browns, Cardinals, and Lions. I think 6-10 is probably about what we'll do, at worst we go 4-12. Ceiling is probably 7-9/8-8. 

There is a way we are 1-15. Imagine what this offense looks like if McLaurin gets hurt. Or Haskins. Or McLaurin and Logan Thomas. We are so thin on offense that a few injuries could ruin us. 

29 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

There is a way we are 1-15. Imagine what this offense looks like if McLaurin gets hurt. Or Haskins. Or McLaurin and Logan Thomas. We are so thin on offense that a few injuries could ruin us. 

Those would be significant injuries but I still don't think even with a Haskins or McLaurin injury we're a 1 win team. They aren't the reason we're going to be a 6 or so win team, that will be because of our defense. Our defense is way too talented to allow one or two injuries on offense reduce them to a 1-win team, we'll sneak in at least 2 or 3 wins based on their talent alone this season. I expect us to also be in a lot of close games with teams that we shouldn't be close with this year. 

16 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Those would be significant injuries but I still don't think even with a Haskins or McLaurin injury we're a 1 win team. They aren't the reason we're going to be a 6 or so win team, that will be because of our defense. Our defense is way too talented to allow one or two injuries on offense reduce them to a 1-win team, we'll sneak in at least 2 or 3 wins based on their talent alone this season. I expect us to also be in a lot of close games with teams that we shouldn't be close with this year. 

I don’t think 1 injury will make us a 1-15 team.  But, this is 2020. The rules favor offenses and teams that have a QB are going to put up points, no matter how good your defense is. If we can’t score, it will be a long season.

We just can’t afford to lose McLaurin. That alone could drop us from a 6-7 win team to a 4 win team. I could easily see us at 3-13 if we lose McLaurin and 1 or 2 other keyboffensive talents. 

But, our defensive depth is much better even if the secondary looks solid rather than elite. And we have Lb’s out the wazoo. And DL talent. And honestly, I think our OL is similar to our secondary. Not elite, but the potential to be decent and with solid depth. We have no skill player depth. 

Just imagine a 3 game stretch with no McLaurin, Sims or Logan Thomas. Ugly. 

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

If the Football Team is bad enough to go 2-14 / 3-13 then you have to move on from Haskins experiment and draft Lawrence / Fields @ QB.  If they improve enough not to get a top 2 pick but in the top 5 then you have to hope Ja’marr Chase is available.  No questions asked!

I half agree. Lawrence, yes. Fields? Are we really certain that he is better than Haskins. He also has a tiny sample size and while his legs look awesome, he doesn’t look as special as a passer as Haskins did. 

I’ll co-sign JaMarr Chase in the top 5, of Sewell is gone. I’d rather sign JuJu however and take Micah Parsons. 

I wish this tackle class looked as good as last year’s. It looks like Sewell and a bunch of mid first round talents. 

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This team is unquestionably better than the one from last year.   Haskins only played half the year and McLaurin missed time too.  They'll win like five or six games.I

We're not going to get Sewell, so I'm hoping for Chase.  Hope he falls like Jeudy and Lamb did.

Parsons or a top flight CB like Surtain JR would be a nice consolation price :)

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

This team is unquestionably better than the one from last year.   Haskins only played half the year and McLaurin missed time too.  They'll win like five or six games.I

We're not going to get Sewell, so I'm hoping for Chase.  Hope he falls like Jeudy and Lamb did.

I second your notion. Also, we weren’t as bad as our record last year. We had literally our entire starting secondary on IR so we could participate in the Chase Young bowl. 

I honestly wouldn’t be that disappointed if we wound up a little too low for Chase and took Kyle Pitts. I think that would do as much for our offense as Chase. Gibson, Pitts, McLaurin, and Sims would give us an extremely varied passing attack. Imagine that and adding JuJu. With a second year Chase Young, a 3rd year Montez Sweat and an improved secondary. 2021 could be special if we are aggressive. 

This wouldn't be very good resource allocation, but the RB depth chart got me thinking. You know who would be a perfect fit for our RB passing game offense?

If we pick top 2, imagine Sewell at the top of the 1st and Etienne at the top of the 2nd. JuJu and a decent TE in FA. Etienne and Gibson would be electric and difficult to defend. 

3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I second your notion. Also, we weren’t as bad as our record last year. We had literally our entire starting secondary on IR so we could participate in the Chase Young bowl. 

I honestly wouldn’t be that disappointed if we wound up a little too low for Chase and took Kyle Pitts. I think that would do as much for our offense as Chase. Gibson, Pitts, McLaurin, and Sims would give us an extremely varied passing attack. Imagine that and adding JuJu. With a second year Chase Young, a 3rd year Montez Sweat and an improved secondary. 2021 could be special if we are aggressive. 

I really really like Pitts, but I would much rather have Chase.  To me, Chase would be like getting a Michael Thomas or DeAndre Hopkins type receiver.  A workhorse who can become one of the very best receivers in the NFL.  He's an even better prospect than Lamb and Jeudy were.  Between him and Chase Young, we could finally have some super talent that will make All Pro teams and top ten lists.  Define us and drive attention to the franchise.

I think Chase is the third best player in the class and him, Sewell, Lawrence, and Parsons are on a meaningfully higher tier than the rest of the players in the class.  But I do think we have hope for getting Parsons or Chase even if we pick at the end if the top ten, or maybe even in the early teens.  Linebackers and Receivers have been falling in the draft and offering very good value.  Teens and 20s has been a place to draft elite prospects at those positions.

2 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

If we pick top 2, imagine Sewell at the top of the 1st and Etienne at the top of the 2nd. JuJu and a decent TE in FA. Etienne and Gibson would be electric and difficult to defend. 

That would be a ridiculous two round haul.  If we miss out in Etienne, I'm still holding a candle for Najee Harris too.  He'd be a great fit for us here too.  Imagine that backfield tandem too.  Perhaps even more of a sledgehammer duo than Etienne would be.

3 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That would be a ridiculous two round haul.  If we miss out in Etienne, I'm still holding a candle for Najee Harris too.  He'd be a great fit for us here too.  Imagine that backfield tandem too.  Perhaps even more of a sledgehammer duo than Etienne would be.

Man, Najee would be perfect. Every down back that can bludgeon you, but also is a very good receiver. 

8 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I really really like Pitts, but I would much rather have Chase.  To me, Chase would be like getting a Michael Thomas or DeAndre Hopkins type receiver.  A workhorse who can become one of the very best receivers in the NFL.  He's an even better prospect than Lamb and Jeudy were.  Between him and Chase Young, we could finally have some super talent that will make All Pro teams and top ten lists.  Define us and drive attention to the franchise.

I think Chase is the third best player in the class and him, Sewell, Lawrence, and Parsons are on a meaningfully higher tier than the rest of the players in the class.  But I do think we have hope for getting Parsons or Chase even if we pick at the end if the top ten, or maybe even in the early teens.  Linebackers and Receivers have been falling in the draft and offering very good value.  Teens and 20s has been a place to draft elite prospects at those positions.

Yeah I am on the Chase bandwagon too. And like you I was a big fan of both Lamb and Jeudy last year but Chase to me is a peg above. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I am on the Chase bandwagon too. And like you I was a big fan of both Lamb and Jeudy last year but Chase to me is a peg above. 

He's stronger than them, has that blend of power and burst to where he projects as more of that traditional workhorse X receiver than them.  I think the release game is going to be fairly straightforward for him because of that easy power and twitch.  He's a Hopkins/Thomas/Cooper type of player at the position whereas Lamb and Jeudy are slender guys who are probably going to spend more time off the line and in the slot.  But Chase also has real open field juice too.  Awesome build up speed and he has an elite gear for building separation out of the break and that speed is paired with high level contested catch skills.  Adds up to a deep threat that scares the crap out of your safeties and outside corners.  Plus he's a very aggressive player who loves to compete with guys on the outside.  He's a load to deal with and he humiliates you when you make mistakes on him.  It's brutal.

The only things I wish he was better at are kind of nitpick things.  Wish his hands were cleaner.  Wish his routes were cleaner.  And wish he competed harder as a blocker, like Justin Jefferson did.  But this kid is a star with All-Pro caliber potential.  If we got him, he and Terry could be an awesome pair of weapons.

This is such a good WR class.  There are already at least 8 guys that I would feel good about getting in the first or second round:

1 - Chase

2 - Rondale Moore

3 - Devonta Smith

4 - Rashod Bateman

5 - Amon-Ra St. Brown

6 - Jaylen Waddle

7 - Tutu Atwell

8 - Tylan Wallace, assuming he is recovered from his injury

Plus a bunch guys who are certainly good enough to work themselves into the top 64 like Justyn Ross, Sage Suratt, Chris Olave, and Terrace Marshall and likely many more whom I haven't really watched yet.

Any one of these dudes could majorly help us and it would be a disappointment not to get one (or more) or them in the draft, given the mesh point of availability and need we'll see at our picks.

We're idiots for not dealing Trent for an early round 2021 pick.  We could have made hay off that.

Apparently we can't have one of the best defensive lines in the league because we have good running backs in the division. Kyle Brandt is a ****ing idiot that single handedly just reduced all of our IQs to room temperature levels with that statement. 

Edit: this obviously was not meant to go in this thread lol. ES on my mobile has been acting strange recently, maybe it's time for an upgrade. 

Archived