Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Parsons history will be the most studied and scrutinized player in the draft. Teams say he is off their board right now but if they are selecting 10, 15 20 15 and he is there one of the teams will mull the decision over and take him if he proves clean. Need to see what info comes out from the allegations over the next month.

If Parsons isn't drafted by 19 Zaven Collins probably will be, It is a desired position with few top options. This will probably trigger Bolton to go in the 1st round

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, duffy said:

Haha you and me both. It's Collins for me if the cards are dealt that way. 

Am I the only one that would take Najee Harris in this situation?  That dude is electric and would give us the most talented RB duo in the NFL with Gibson paired alongside him.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Am I the only one that would take Najee Harris in this situation?  That dude is electric and would give us the most talented RB duo in the NFL with Gibson paired alongside him.

I like him and wouldn’t be upset by it. But all things equal I wouldn’t take a RB in the first round. If there is a similarly graded defender or OT I think that’s more prudent, unless we traded down.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I am not really dead sold on anyone at 19.   At the moment there are a bunch of players I'd potentially go for it.  My #1 dream (putting QB aside) is Kyle Pitts slipping down where we could trade up without giving up a lot.  Najee Harris is awesome, i'd be happy with him at 19 among others.  And i am typically in the school of not taking running backs in the first but the dude is clearly special. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I trust Rivera but i hope the Wentz thing isn't true.   McNabb lesson round 2?  If the Eagles are really willing to trade him within the same division -- if that doesn't show how low of an opinion they would have of Wentz you got me what would showcase that thought better.

All those things are feelings and opinions that I have.

And on top of all that, I simply believe Wentz is broken. And may not be under Warranty any longer.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

In this scenario I’d prefer trading up for Fields or back for Collins/Moehrig. 

Agreed. If we have to get in front of Patriots to get Fields I’m making that move, for sure. But I think it’s a moot point because some team will take him in top 10. Teams need quarterback and he as tools, production, football character/leadership. He holds the ball a long time but I think he can improve there. If he does, he could be a Deshaun Watson or Russell Wilson. Randomly, I just learned Fields was a hell of a baseball player in HS also. 

I also think Collins goes way higher, for a lot of the same reasons. High character players with good size, tools, and production don’t go that late.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Totally forgot about Darrisaw somehow. I bet he goes around 10, but it he falls just a little, I’d move up to grab him.

Kiper seems convinced that 5 QBs are going before 19.  I'd guess at least 3 tackles.  At least 2 corners.  At least 2 WRs.  At least 2 D lineman. The more I think about it the more I think we will have a surprise faller to 19. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

6 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kiper seems convinced that 5 QBs are going before 19.  I'd guess at least 3 tackles.  At least 2 corners.  At least 2 WRs.  At least 2 D lineman. The more I think about it the more I think we will have a surprise faller to 19. 

I agree and believe it will be two of the Darrisaw, Farley, Surtain, or Waddle. Would be happy with any of the first 3. I do not want a WR in the 1st round.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2021 at 11:57 AM, KDawg said:

I just don’t see it with JOK. He doesn’t play well on the edge. He plays like a safety at the LoS. He’s good in coverage especially the short zones, he’s athletic and he rushes well.

But he’s soft into contact at times. He’d be a guy that plays on the edge moreso than an interior LB for us. I’m not sure how much he fits what this D does. I do think he’s going to get drafted fairly high due to his traits, though.

That's actually pretty close to what I felt from what I saw of Jabril Cox 🤷‍♂️.  He seems like an outside and coverage LB who is pretty soft against the run--neither productive nor dynamic in this part of the position, but that he'll get drafted early because he is big, fast, very instinctive, and truly excellent in coverage.  IMO JOK is a lot more aggressive and physical against the run and "extension-of-the-run-game" type passes than Cox, and his instincts and versatility are not too far off.  I think he's probably faster too.

I don't think JOK is going to get drafted as high as he's getting mocked because of his size.  I can't think of another LBer prospect that was his size that went in the first round.  I think he'll measure like a 6015 and his playing weight was listed around 215.  If he goes in the first round, I think it'll be at the back end of the round, or he'll more likely go early in the second round.  I think we could find a spot for him in our scheme since I think he's a rich man's version of Khaleke Hudson.  I'm not sure about picking him at 19, but I'd be interested after a trade down.  I wouldn't want to pick a bunch of undersized players like him for our defense, but one would be alright.  Mainly because I think our LBer group desperately needs more speed.

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

That's actually pretty close to what I felt from what I saw of Jabril Cox 🤷‍♂️.  He seems like an outside and coverage LB who is pretty soft against the run--neither productive nor dynamic in this part of the position, but that he'll get drafted early because he is big, fast, very instinctive, and truly excellent in coverage.  IMO JOK is a lot more aggressive and physical against the run and "extension-of-the-run-game" type passes than Cox, and his instincts and versatility are not too far off.  I think he's probably faster too.

I don't think JOK is going to get drafted as high as he's getting mocked because of his size.  I can't think of another LBer prospect that was his size that went in the first round.  I think he'll measure like a 6015 and his playing weight was listed around 215.  If he goes in the first round, I think it'll be at the back end of the round, or he'll more likely go early in the second round.  I think we could find a spot for him in our scheme since I think he's a rich man's version of Khaleke Hudson.  I'm not sure about picking him at 19, but I'd be interested after a trade down.  I wouldn't want to pick a bunch of undersized players like him for our defense, but one would be alright.  Mainly because I think our LBer group desperately needs more speed.

This is fair and if he fell to the second I’d be inclined to be much more accepting of using a pick on him. Though I’d rather grab Pete Werner in that scenario. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I'm liking what I see in Cameron McGrone for a WTF fit. Is he on your radar?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think Bolton is the LBer this defense desperately needs more than anyone, but I couldn't let Collins pass me just due to his physical traits.

If they fall in love with Bolton (and I could see that) overlooking his speed but trading it for his instincts among other intangibles they may need to take him at 19. I say that because Parsons probably is off boards and Collins may very well be gone before 19.

I believe they set their sights on one of the top FA's then grabs on a guy like Moses, Fisher, Britt etc... in the 3rd or 4th

9 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I think Boss Bailey when I see JOK. I have a hard time with him as an upper first round pick like many mocks have him.

I do see he being similar to Cox against the run and Cox better than him covering. I have Cox rated to be drafted in the late 2nd. 

I have talked Cox up as possibly being able to survive in a 4-2. That is due to our strong DL, his size/speed and coverage skills. 

• Like 1