Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

3 hours ago, method man said:

Is Adalius Thomas a good comp for him? Maybe he is a better fit in a 3-4 anyway.

I haven't focused on Dylan Moses much but reading about his performance this season, his stock has certainly slipped further. I don't know if he goes in the first round. He's struggled as a MIKE trying to quarterback the D. He's been inconsistent as both a run defender and cover guy and he has been tentative

Adalius Thomas could be a good comp. But the 1st is too rich for me, and that's where he has been projecting. These big, athletic, small school guys can be difficult to project. I don't know that he's the plus athlete that Jeremy Chinn was for instance. 

Dylan Moses could be a steal if he drops. I'd snatch him up in the 3rd. 

Keep an eye on Jaret Patterson tonight in the MAC title game. 

4 hours ago, method man said:

Is Adalius Thomas a good comp for him? Maybe he is a better fit in a 3-4 anyway.

I haven't focused on Dylan Moses much but reading about his performance this season, his stock has certainly slipped further. I don't know if he goes in the first round. He's struggled as a MIKE trying to quarterback the D. He's been inconsistent as both a run defender and cover guy and he has been tentative

Adalius Thomas is a similar comp. Not quite ready to say they’re a true comparison to this point but the general style I think that’s pretty fair.

45 minutes ago, Sellersfan said:

Just checked out Tankathon mock 3 rounds and Washington has:

1)Darrishaw

2)Paris Ford

3) Sage Surratt

2nd 3)Jamie Newman

I would be very happy with this. I was watching some video of Newman at WF and fell in love with Surratt instead.

I can’t remember a class so deep I’d be comfortable with any number of backs and receivers like I am this one.

Receivers:

Chase

Smith

Waddle

Bateman

Moore

Brown

E. Moore

Surratt

S. Williams

St. Brown

Ross

Olave

Stevenson

Toney

Tre Walker

St. Felix

Marshall

M. Williams

Newsome

Coxie

Whitlow

Rambo

and more...

Its unreal.

This is a real interesting game for Fields. I don't know how much this putrid performance hurts his draft stock, but he's been average for the entire year and with the emergence of Wilson I wonder if Fields may drop. He may not even be in the top 5 QB picks (although I still think he goes second overall). If he falls to 19, do we jump on him?

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Chase

Smith

Waddle

Bateman

Moore

Brown

E. Moore

Surratt

S. Williams

St. Brown

Ross

Olave

Stevenson

Toney

Tre Walker

St. Felix

Marshall

M. Williams

Newsome

Coxie

Whitlow

Rambo

Tamarrion Terry

Nico Collins

Tylan Wallace

Fields sure doesn’t look better than Lawrence today. He’s played two well coached and disciplined  defenses this season and looked lost for the most part against both despite laughable physical mismatches across the board both on the O line and at receiver. Northwestern are hell bent on not allowing Fields’ legs to beat them and it’s rendered OSU’s passing offense ineffective. 

8 minutes ago, Berggy9598 said:

Fields sure doesn’t look better than Lawrence today. He’s played two well coached and disciplined  defenses this season and looked lost for the most part against both despite laughable physical mismatches across the board both on the O line and at receiver. Northwestern are hell bent on not allowing Fields’ legs to beat them and it’s rendered OSU’s passing offense ineffective. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Fields looks shaky in this one.  Sermon looks like Walter Payton today. 

Agreed he’s looked shaky at best today. Last year against Clemson in the playoffs he played very well. Indiana and Northwestern have given him a lot of struggles.

I think this game moves Lawrence to 1 for me, Fields 2, Wilson/Lance 3/4 at the moment.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

I can’t remember a class so deep I’d be comfortable with any number of backs and receivers like I am this one.

Receivers:

Chase

Smith

Waddle

Bateman

Moore

Brown

E. Moore

Surratt

S. Williams

St. Brown

Ross

Olave

Stevenson

Toney

Tre Walker

St. Felix

Marshall

M. Williams

Newsome

Coxie

Whitlow

Rambo

and more...

Its unreal.

Lots of quality Tackles too!

27 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Who should I watch in Clemson vs Norte Dame other than Etienne and Owusu?

I don't know who is still playing any more, but Powell and Rodgers on Clemson's offense are worth watching.  Their tackle Carmen is well regarded too.  Derion Kendrick on D.  and Notre Dame has some edge defenders worth looking at.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

This is a real interesting game for Fields. I don't know how much this putrid performance hurts his draft stock, but he's been average for the entire year and with the emergence of Wilson I wonder if Fields may drop. He may not even be in the top 5 QB picks (although I still think he goes second overall). If he falls to 19, do we jump on him?

Tamarrion Terry

Nico Collins

Tylan Wallace

With this type of depth, we should be able to find our slot receiver to replace Sims in the 3rd or 4th round.

I didn't think Fields had a good game, but the game didn't change anything for me.   Lawrence is still the clear number 1 and Fields and Wilson are still top 10 guys.   I don't think this game and the Indiana game has made me question Fields ceiling at all; however its made me aware his floor is not as high as some hoped.

Etienne is such a smooth runner. Too bad we dont need a RB.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

if we are picking in the 20s, my gut is a LT is where we go and it makes sense to me.  But wow I love Etienne and Harris.    I know there are other fish in the sea though at that spot.   

Or WR. That is where we have to go in the first where we will be picking. We desperately need a weapon across from Terry. 

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

As much as i love Gibson IMO we can definitely use a RB.   Just think of this game coming up right now sans Gibson.  Imagine if we had Etienne as opposed to Barber?  Night and day.  The way Gibson plays I think our RB position lends to a committee.  Plus it gives you protection for injuries.   If Gibson isn't healthy for the playoffs I don't love our chances.  But if we had a dude like Etienne or Harris I wouldn't break a sweat. 

And Josh Allen is a special player man. Holy Moly.

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

As much as i love Gibson IMO we can definitely use a RB.   Just think of this game coming up right now sans Gibson.  Imagine if we had Etienne versus Barber?  Night and day.  The way Gibson plays I think our RB position lends to a committee.  Plus it gives you protection for injuries.   If Gibson isn't healthy for the playoffs I don't love our chances.  But if we had a dude like Etienne or Harris I wouldn't break a sweat. 

Thats fair. I am wondering if Love will ever give us anything? I would not hate picking Etienne at all. We need weapons on this offense so badly. 

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

Eichenberg (LT for Notre Dame) is a fringe first rounder

Deion Kendrick

45 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Or WR. That is where we have to go in the first where we will be picking. We desperately need a weapon across from Terry. 

The good thing is FA happens before the draft so if we can sign a bigger name (not necessarily the biggest fish) then WR isn't as much of a priority.

Archived