Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

Just now, KDawg said:

I love how Harris sets his blocks, plants and changes direction effortlessly. Once that one foot gets in the ground and he changes trajectory he accelerates so fast, too. 

He’s so good. Also, DeVonta with great downfield blocking there. Saw the same thing earlier in the game. That guy does everything. 

I haven’t studied Mac Jones in full, but he kind of feels like he’s a modern version of Alex Smith bred for this era of football and embracing the newer methods of scheme and reads.

They don’t play too alike, but he seems so calm under pressure and in the pocket. Good with the ball. Smart. Not gonna wow you with his abilities all in all but he doesn’t do ANYTHING poorly it seems. 

I think he and Lance are both great fits here developmentally.

2 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Kyle Pitts is Calvin Johnson.  college defenders guard him the way they did Calvin Johnson.  just blatant penalties every snap where they dare the refs to call them.  He is incredible.

Pitts is a good player. But he is not Calvin Johnson. Not even close. Calvin had 1200 yards and 15 TD's in his Junior year. And was unstoppable during a time that passing was an afterthought in college football. 

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Pitts is a good player. But he is not Calvin Johnson. Not even close. Calvin had 1200 yards and 15 TD's in his Junior year. And was unstoppable during a time that passing was an afterthought in college football. 

I think his point was more that kind of player. Matchup problem for the guys he goes against, athletic, fast, good stems, big. 

I don’t want to speak for him but I think it was just a comp stylistically.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Trask once again holds the ball longer than he has time to do so. It’s a problem for him. 

He is an accurate passer and someone in the NFL is going to kick the tires on him. Gonna have to work on getting the ball out quicker.

Agreed. One thing that I find weird about Trask is he shows good straight line athleticism. But get him moving laterally and he is a disaster. I dont think that is something you can fix with coaching. To me he is an NFL backup. But who am I?

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Agreed. One thing that I find weird about Trask is he shows good straight line athleticism. But get him moving laterally and he is a disaster. I dont think that is something you can fix with coaching. To me he is an NFL backup. But who am I?

I’m not sure on his ceiling. The thing with Trask is that despite a middling arm the dude can put the ball on a pin at times. Like, ridiculous accuracy. That counts. The problem is he only does that when he has a clean pocket and can take his time. He holds the ball longer to set up his pass and that results in him getting hit more often than you’d like. 

He doesn’t have active feet, either. Part of me wonders if that’s because he needs to make sure they’re totally set to have any kind of zip on his passes and he doesn’t want to risk being out of position too much. 

When he moves he seems to navigate the pocket fairly well... but he’s not a runner. And he’s not a scrambler. He’s an accurate passer who has some work to do, but can navigate the pocket when he keeps his feet active. He’s a big time developmental prospect I think. But who knows where he ends up

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Trask once again holds the ball longer than he has time to do so. It’s a problem for him. 

He is an accurate passer and someone in the NFL is going to kick the tires on him. Gonna have to work on getting the ball out quicker.

That’s what going to make or break him, and if he goes to a bad team and has to start early, can he improve on it while being smacked around on a weekly basis? That would concern me so much more than his arm strength. He looks to have an innate feel for space in the pocket in the pocket which will help him to an extent. 

17 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

His feet are very good, especially for a taller QB. I don’t need him to carry the ball on a zone stretch, I need him to bounce around the pocket and reset his base efficiently, and that’s actually one of his strengths. Big contributor to his accuracy as well. 

Couldn't be more impressed by Devonta Smith today. He did everything. Had a good punt return. Recovered an onside kick. Blocked his ass off down field. I think that whoever drafts him is going to get a high with some parallels to McLaurin. Smart. Versatile. Hard working. High character. He's going to do everything a team asks of him and he's going to do it well. I'm less convinced he can beat press coverage, but it is what it is. He's a top 10-12 pick for sure. 

Najee makes life easy for his blockers.  So many of those 8+ yard runs that he effortlessly picks out were blocked for like two yards.

That kid is about three or four years away from being the best running back in the NFL.  He is a Leveon Bell clone.  He and Pitts and Lawrence and Sewell are the four biggest talents in the class.  The unicorns.  Parsons is #5.

35 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Najee makes life easy for his blockers.  So many of those 8+ yard runs that he effortlessly picks out were blocked for like two yards.

That kid is about three or four years away from being the best running back in the NFL.  He is a Leveon Bell clone.  He and Pitts and Lawrence and Sewell are the four biggest talents in the class.  The unicorns.  Parsons is #5.

He has Peterson-like vision, his cuts remind me of what Peterson does, he's so good at finding those small holes up the middle. 

Archived