Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

40 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

if we are picking in the 20s, my gut is a LT is where we go and it makes sense to me.  But wow I love Etienne and Harris.    I know there are other fish in the sea though at that spot.   

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As much as i love Gibson IMO we can definitely use a RB.   Just think of this game coming up right now sans Gibson.  Imagine if we had Etienne as opposed to Barber?  Night and day.  The way Gibson plays I think our RB position lends to a committee.  Plus it gives you protection for injuries.   If Gibson isn't healthy for the playoffs I don't love our chances.  But if we had a dude like Etienne or Harris I wouldn't break a sweat. 

I agree whole heartedly. I think we are nicely set up to add a WR in FA this year and Logan Thomas isn't great, but has been competent. I would love it if we added a LT in the 1st and then moved back up a little for Najee Harris or Travis Etienne. It's so frustrating how close we would be if we had a long term QB. Being one offseason and one franchise QB away from contention feels like it may as well be the same as being miles from contention. 

All season I've been trying to talk myself into liking Trask and its failed to do so.  But that TD pass he threw just now was a beauty.  Maybe?  Alabama is a good test for him. 

28 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

I think if Darrisow is there, he’s the pick.  If not, I could really see taking an RB

or Cosmi or name that LT.  That's what I think.  Unless they like one of the 2nd tier type QBs like Jones or Trask or they are willing to trade up for another QB.  My guess right now is LT or QB. 

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

I agree whole heartedly. I think we are nicely set up to add a WR in FA this year and Logan Thomas isn't great, but has been competent. I would love it if we added a LT in the 1st and then moved back up a little for Najee Harris or Travis Etienne. It's so frustrating how close we would be if we had a long term QB. Being one offseason and one franchise QB away from contention feels like it may as well be the same as being miles from contention. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I bet one of these three Rondale Moore, Elijah Moore, Kadarius Toney will be there at our pick in the 2nd round.   All three of them IMO stud slot receivers.  All three of them major in being weapons out of the backfield -- tailored made for this offense. 

We really do love players that can play multiple positions. Just in this last draft we had Gibson, Charles, Hudson, Ismael, Curl, and JSW that are all versatile players that can play multiple positions or have played multiple positions in college. We should start paying attention to anybody that gets that mislabeled "tweener" label. 

If N. Harris is as @stevemcqueen1 Derrick Henry Part 2, he's worth a first round pick.  Every time I watch him, my man crush grows.  For a big dude, he has such quick feet, contact balance.  He is both slippery and he's also physical-baller.    He's a pass weapon, too.  You draft him and lets say also a physical TE like Freirmuth or Ferguson and pound the rock. 

6 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

We really do love players that can play multiple positions. Just in this last draft we had Gibson, Charles, Hudson, Ismael, Curl, and JSW that are all versatile players that can play multiple positions or have played multiple positions in college. We should start paying attention to anybody that gets that mislabeled "tweener" label. 

All three of those players I mentioned just scream Scott Turner offense.   They are also all special team studs.   I can't recall being that infatuated in the past with three players with such similar profiles.  They aren't exactly identical in their strengths and weaknesses but all three are electric playmakers in their own unique ways.    But I'd love any one of those three almost equally. 

The idea of Mac Jones learning a year under Alex is so appealing to me right now.  Jones is a gamer with elite pocket skills.  He may fall to where were pickin at 1.  Love his moxy.  His ball placement.  He’s not your next gen mobile qb but I believe his cerebral approach may cancel that out.  

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If N. Harris is as @stevemcqueen1 Derrick Henry Part 2, he's worth a first round pick.  Every time I watch him, my man crush grows.  For a big dude, he has such quick feet, contact balance.  He is both slippery and he's also physical-baller.    He's a pass weapon, too.  You draft him and lets say also a physical TE like Freirmuth or Ferguson and pound the rock. 

All three of those players I mentioned just scream Scott Turner offense.   They are also all special team studs.   I can't recall being that infatuated in the past with three players with such similar profiles.  They aren't exactly identical in their strengths and weaknesses but all three are electric playmakers in their own unique ways.    But I'd love any one of those three almost equally. 

Najee with 4 1st half TD's, 3 of which were receiving TD's. He's perfect for Scott Turner. And I like Etienne just as much. All of that being said, I don't think I'm taking a 1st round RB over a LT if there is quality available. Now, LT in the 1st, Najee in the 2nd, and a TE in the 3rd? I'd be excited for that. 

Edit: Dylan Moses having a rough night. Getting picked on in coverage. 

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

The way he’s playing tonight I am guessing he is going in the first round for sure. I notice he’s in the 2nd round in many mocks, I think that will be wrong in the end. 

It's him and Etienne.... not sure who else is even in the conversation to be a 1st rounder.  

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The way he’s playing tonight I am guessing he is going in the first round for sure. I notice he’s in the 2nd round in many mocks, I think that will be wrong in the end. 

I think I would be shocked if he doesnt go in the first. I think he could be as good as McCaffrey.

24 minutes ago, Stone Cold said:

The idea of Mac Jones learning a year under Alex is so appealing to me right now.  Jones is a gamer with elite pocket skills.  He may fall to where were pickin at 1.  Love his moxy.  His ball placement.  He’s not your next gen mobile qb but I believe his cerebral approach may cancel that out.  

Far from a draft expert but Mac Jones really intrigues me. Feels like one of those guys flying under the radar with the recent emphasis on mobility and creating with your legs at the position. I think the talent around him and him not being a dynamic athlete hurts his prospects of being a top 10 pick but he’s one of those guys that’s going to be picked up by a savvy organization in the teens and make a lot of teams look silly for passing on him. A very fortunate year to need a QB, really glad we didn’t tank like the majority of fans here wanted to about a month ago. Shockingly enough you can find your guy without losing games and finishing with a top 5 pick. 

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Pitts is such a good receiver man. Matchup nightmare.

Dylan Moses showed his potential on that QB sneak stonewall. Have to wonder if he’s still rounding back into form from that injury. If he is... he could be a hell of a steal.

Just came to post about Pitts. He is so good at getting open. Such a good route runner. Such good burst. 

Also, Trask looks terrible and I want no part. 

Archived