Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

6 minutes ago, dckey said:

Could we possibly trade up for Micah Parsons???????    I would love to give Scherf and our 1st for Det 8th and 3rd to get Parsons

I like Parsons the player but that's to much to give up IMO.  Parsons has some real off the field concerns.  Im probably dreaming but Im hoping he slides to 19 and if he doesn't then I like JOK or one of the other LBs.

Edit

I think I read that wrong... you are thinking Detroit would give us their 3rd?  I don't see them doing that with swapping 1sts for Scherff but if they did Id be up for that I think.  Only reason we move up in my mind is for a QB though.  

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

I like Parsons the player but that's to much to give up IMO.  Parsons has some real off the field concerns.  Im probably dreaming but Im hoping he slides to 19 and if he doesn't then I like JOK or one of the other LBs.

I don't see it giving up that much, since we are saving money against the cap and picking up a 3rd.  

Tony Pauline just on 106.7.  He's pretty plugged in typically

A.  He thinks Koramoah ends up the pick at 19

B.  He think Fields goes top 10 probably to Denver at 9

C.  Thinks Darrisaw is gone before 19

D.  He thinks Parsons is gone by 11 maybe to the Giants right at 11

E.  He doesn't think the WFT trades up

F.  Detriot at 7 wants to move down badly -- might even move down twice

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A. Maybe.

B. Benjamin Allbright has been tweeting today that he doesn't expect DEN to go QB in Round 1, and thinks Fields falls to the teens. He's plugged in, and a DEN radio guy.

C. Probably true.

D. Also probably true. Suspect he goes to DEN at 9.

E+F. Maybe, but E+F makes me think there could be an allignment for a trade up and down.

Breer's mock which I can only pull from my phone has them taking Darrisaw, he mentioned in it that he knows the WFT are intrigued by Jamin Davis.

So judging by rumors, combining them all, the LBS they might have interest in:

Koramoah

Jamin Davis

Pete Werner

Jabril Cox

Keim has made references to Parsons without saying he knows they like him, so that one is hard for me to figure out. 

Feels like a heavy defense driven draft early?  LB, CB, FS?

As for offense:  LT, TE, RB, Outside receiver

Obviously the odds are something will be missed, you can't get everything you want.  But I'd be stunned if they don't pull a LB in this draft. 

3 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

A. Maybe.

B. Benjamin Allbright has been tweeting today that he doesn't expect DEN to go QB in Round 1, and thinks Fields falls to the teens. He's plugged in, and a DEN radio guy.

C. Probably true.

D. Also probably true. Suspect he goes to DEN at 9.

E+F. Maybe, but E+F makes me think there could be an allignment for a trade up and down.

A. Obviously any guy slotted to us at 19 is a "maybe". Among reasons we can't control what happens in front of us.

B.  Albright is plugged in but so is Pauline and neither guy is a Schefter or Breer level as for national contacts.  I trust him as for knowing Denver.  Pauline's point though on Fields wasn't that he was convinced he's going to Denver but that he's going top 10.  He's not alone on that.  Albright saying otherwise that Fields falls further doesn't make it slam dunk but I hope he's right on this one. 

As for the Lions being "probably" true.  A lot of people will have to be wrong about their intentions if they end up wanting to stay pat.

As for the WFT I think most get it and have stated (heck Rivera pretty much alluded to it in his own press conference) that trading up or down depends on how the stars align.  I notice more are convinced that the stars won't align.  But obviously we won't know until it plays out. 

29 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't have the link because I'm on my mobile but apparently Denver is super interested in trading for Jimmy G per Peter King for something like a 2nd.  That likely takes them out of a move up.  We'll see it's silly rumor week!

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I don't have the link because I'm on my mobile but apparently Denver is super interested in trading for Jimmy G per Peter King for something like a 2nd.  That likely takes them out of a move up.

I hope wherever Jimmy G goes, it's to a team that would then be out of the running for a QB in Round 1. I was thinking New England would make sense, but they already have Cam for another year. I would guess the Patriots would make a play at Fields, but might prefer to trade back or up to get Mills or Trask who I guess they also might like? Jimmy G to the Broncos eliminates them from QB at 9 and in Round 1. I was never really mocking one to them because I follow Allbright and he's been pretty strongly against them going QB in the 1st. But them landing Jimmy G would just validate that point and take them out of the running.

Then you are down to NE, WFT, CHI and everyone in the late 20's that might be interested but probably not have the ability to come all the way up for a QB.

These are some of the 'dream' scenarios I was envisioning last month that could lead a QB to fall. IF SF goes with Mac Jones at #3 ... we could see Lance and Fields sliding outside the Top 10. Maybe someone trades up (CHI, NE) but there's a chance one falls a bit further, say to within a range where it makes sense for us to move up. Personally I think 7 makes sense ... and we could have our pick of Lance/Fields there and only give up a 1/3/1 or something around that value. But if one falls to say, the Vikings, the cost to get to #14 is suddenly pick #74 and not future draft capital. And that would be a best case scenario. Of course a best-case would be one of them falling to #19. But I would think the Bears would jump us.

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Well, if there's fire behind the smoke of the Falcons being enamored with Lance ... if the 49ers go Jones, Atlanta could go Lance. But then I think the ripple effect of that might be someone like Detroit opting to stay and pick at #7 rather than trade out. Or Carolina ... and then Fields starts falling?

24 or earlier.    

5 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

I don’t think Pitts decides that

He didn't say he's making Atlanta's decision.  I gather he got the feeling they might not pick him and go with a QB.  I guess will see.  Most draftniks think Atlanta skips a QB and goes with Pitts. 

22 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I don't have the link because I'm on my mobile but apparently Denver is super interested in trading for Jimmy G per Peter King for something like a 2nd.  That likely takes them out of a move up.  We'll see it's silly rumor week!

Heard all of this. Also heard them talk about San Fran wanting to move Jimmy G. Didn't hear the Denver part. Find it hard to believe anybody wants his contract with all those injuries. Also said that in San Fran, Kyle wants Jones and the Front Office wants Lance.

17 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Well, if there's fire behind the smoke of the Falcons being enamored with Lance ... if the 49ers go Jones, Atlanta could go Lance. But then I think the ripple effect of that might be someone like Detroit opting to stay and pick at #7 rather than trade out. Or Carolina ... and then Fields starts falling?

Atlanta is a mystery judging by mocks and the rumorville seems more of it points to Pitts but a Qb being possible.  But will see. 

Are the New York Jets targeting a running back?

(8:45 AM ET) Don’t count out the New York Jets taking a running back with either the 23rd or 34th pick. While I’ve dismissed this possibility in the past, despite previously reporting the team has a high grade on Najee Harris, I’m told the Jets feel there is a big drop off after Harris, Travis Etienne, and Javonte Williams. The Jets see all three of those running backs as plug-and-play-type ball carriers.

If the Steelers miss out on Najee Harris, who is their next target at the running back position?

(8:45 AM ET) If the Pittsburgh Steelers don’t select Najee Harris in the first round and go offensive line instead, who’s the next running back on their list? I’m told the team loves Ohio State’s Trey Sermon, as he’s a perfect fit for their system. Some in the organization feel his playing style is similar to a young Le’Veon Bell. Hence, if they go offensive line on Day 1, Sermon could be the running back they select on Day 2.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-draft-rumors-buzz-draft-week/

3 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Heard all of this. Also heard them talk about San Fran wanting to move Jimmy G. Didn't hear the Denver part. Find it hard to believe anybody wants his contract with all those injuries. Also said that in San Fran, Kyle wants Jones and the Front Office wants Lance.

Denver wanting Jimmy G makes a lot of sense. They have the developmental guy with tools who didn’t ready but isn’t a bust in Lock. I think they want Jones but won’t take a QB otherwise. Jimmy G is a good fit. 

That's my guy.  I know I have some company on him on this board.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-draft-rumors-buzz-draft-week/2/

Teams high on linebacker Derrick Barnes as potential day two selection in 2021 NFL Draft

(9:55 PM ET) Purdue linebacker Derrick Barnes, a personal favorite and someone I’ve covered in glory the past six months, is getting solid day two grades from NFL teams. Many teams have eight off the ball/space linebackers stamped as day two prospects, and Barnes fits in anywhere from the late second round to the late third round, depending on the team. Most like Barnes on the inside of a 3-4 alignment and feel he can play three downs to stack against the run, cover the pass, and even stand over tackle on pass rushing downs to chase the quarterback.

I think they're going LB in the first round.  And I think they're going to be willing to trade up (slightly) to do it. 

I think the QB stuff is all a smoke screen.  

Ron also came out recently and said that he was impressed by John Bostic and how he grew towards the end of the season.  

Rule #1 of listening to coaches near the draft: Take whatever they say, and believe the opposite.  I think they're trying to be coy about it, but I think they know their biggest weakness on the team is LB, they didn't sign a solution in FA, so the solution has to come in the draft.  

If I had to guess, it's JEREMIAH OWUSU-KORAMOAH, NOTRE DAME.  (Yes, I copied/pasted that because there's no way I can spell it.)  JOK has the physical skills, and there are some very serious character accusations on Parsons.  So, unless all of those are false, I'm guessing Ron and company would pass on him, or at least not be willing to trade up far enough to pick a guy with those kinds of character concerns.

So that's my 1st round shot: I think WFT trades up, probably with the Chargers at 13, to pick JOK. Lock in in, That's my final answer.  

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So that's my 1st round shot: I think WFT trades up, probably with the Chargers at 13, to pick JOK. Lock in in, That's my final answer.  

You think JOK goes before 19?  Every mock I’ve seen except one has him 19-30.   Obviously mocks don’t mean much but I wouldn’t move up for him when he could be had at 19

Archived