Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Antonio Gibson, RB/WR Memphis

zCommander

IMO its best to work with what you got (at this point in the season), unless you already got a guy on your board and he's available. It's unrealistic to expect a guy to come in and give you what Gibson gave you. But here's a list of RBs available on other teams. Not sure what the waiver wire looks like? I'm thinking Gibson is cornbread fed and will be back sooner than we think.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchartpos/RB

Man, have we had some tough breaks at the RB position last several years, or what ?

At one point, we depended on Rob Kelley.

Then the serious injury to Guice.

Serious injury to Love, twice.

Lost AP - our own choice, of course

Guice arrested and cut

Gibson likely missing rest of regular season

Might even be missing things

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Xameil said:

Pretty sure that was a hang nail...

I was going to post a comparison of our 1st round WR pick versus Seattle's 2nd round WR pick (DK metcalf)... but I thought better of it.  and I was worried the mods would feel i was being mean... so i didnt.

So am I correct in saying nothing official regarding the injury has been released by the team yet? Everyone saying turf toe, I know that is what the commentators were speculating it could be during the game, but I haven't heard anything official that it is that or anything at all yet?

• Like 2

Keim on WTEM 980 just saidm (paraphrased)“... The WFT is being pretty quiet about his condition. We may get some news by tomorrow. Rivera doesn’t want to give the opponent any information until he has to. Even behind the scenes and off the record no one at Redskins Park is saying anything. All I know is they didn’t let him come back in the game Monday.”

• Like 1

12 hours ago, petey hodge said:

I was going to post a comparison of our 1st round WR pick versus Seattle's 2nd round WR pick (DK metcalf)... but I thought better of it.  and I was worried the mods would feel i was being mean... so i didnt.

A better and more aggravating comparison is Doctson in the first round ahead of All Pro Michael Thomas picked the next day in the second.

Is that worse than Schotferbrains taking Rod Gardner in the first instead of Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Santana Moss, Reggie Wayne, and TJ Houshmandzadeh? Yeah, he did that.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Ouch.  Any chance he can return this season?

From what I’ve gleaned from net scouring:

If it’s a grade 1 he might be able to go in a week or two. 

If it’s grade 2 realistically  he’s probably out 3 or 4 weeks so the playoffs are still in play.

If it’s grade 3  (and please don’t let it be that) he’s likely done for the year and surgery becomes a possible, if not likely, option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Anyone named Baugh, deserves at least a couple chances to make the Washington team.

Interesting thing about RB Warren, is earlier this year, he played for 2 teams, both of whom we play during our remaining 4 games (PHI and CAR)

Doubt he provides much or any intel, but if he manages to get in the game, maybe it translates into motivation to prove himself

He also can return kicks.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 1

Michael “Truck Warren, rb, welcome to the Skins.

From RiggosRag.com...

“The Washington Football Team seems likely to be without Antonio Gibson for at least a week. Gibson suffered a turf toe injury against the Steelers and will probably be sidelined as bit because of the malady.

With Gibson out, Washington was looking a bit shorthanded at running back. They have only two healthy players on the active roster without Gibson: J.D. McKissic and Peyton Barber.

While some fans were wondering if Bryce Love could return to the fold, he is officially out for the season after failing to return from IR when Washington designated him to return. He had a 21-day window to return, so he isn’t an option any longer.

So, with Love out of the picture, Javon Leake was the only back the team had on the practice squad. Before Wednesday, Leake had been on the COVID list since Nov. 23, and nobody knew when the Maryland product would return. Leake has since come back, but Washington still decided to add a running back anyway.

According to the team’s official Twitter account, Washington signed Michael Warren to the practice squad to provide running back depth. To make room for Warren, tight end Marcus Baugh was re-signed to the 53-man roster while TE Temarrick Hemingwaywas placed on IR.

Warren is an intriguing pickup. He played three collegiate seasons at the University of Cincinnati before going undrafted in the 2020 NFL Draft. In his final two seasons, Warren was a great lead back and managed 36 TDs in his final two seasons to go along with nearly 2,500 rushing yards. At 5-foot-11, 222 pounds, he’s a thickly-built player and could end up being a solid part of a committee.

The only real concern with Warren is that he isn’t all that fast and doesn’t have great burst. Still, there is a place for him with an NFL team, so Washington giving him a chance to prove himself is sensible.”

https://riggosrag.com/2020/12/09/washington-football-team-signs-rb-michael-warren-to-the-practice-squad/

Edited by TrancesWithWolves

Looking at the scouting reports on Warren, he reminds me a lot of Barber.

Both the way he's built, and his style.

Not saying he's a Barber clone, or doesn't differ in any way. But I see a lot of resemblance.

To summarize him in simplest of terms ; think steady, instead of spectacular.

One of the differences between he and Barber, though would be his being known for receiving abilities, and kick returns.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Looking at the scouting reports on Warren, he reminds me a lot of Barber.

Both the way he's built, and his style.

Not saying he's a Barber clone, or doesn't differ in any way. But I see a lot of resemblance.

Yeah, I definitely see the similarity there.

The only negative is that I think we have to wait at least 2 weeks before he could play for us because of the covid-19 protocols. Anyone know what the rule demands?

1 minute ago, rumplestilskin said:

It will the JD Mcissic show. We are lucky to have him.  We will mix in a few Barber "stand up fall downs" throughout the game just to say we did. 

Well, when we converted Gibson, from being mainly a pass-receiver to a runner, that conversion went well.

We are doing essentially the same thing with McKissic, who also was previously known for pass-catching.

Whether Gibson's successful conversion had more to do with Gibson, or the coaching, either way, I have confidence the coaches can successfully transition McKissic to a primary runner, if that's the route they go.

But that still leaves a void for a 3rd down back. Unless McKissick becomes like an every down back. Or maybe we sign a veteran to the active roster at RB

• Like 1