Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

3 minutes ago, PCS said:

Sigh. 

Prosecutors: Man told to ‘put on a mask like the rest of us’ pulled gun on Fred Meyer shopper

Quick, Internet.  

Somebody caption that photo "I can't breathe".  

Edited by Larry

7 hours ago, PCS said:

Prosecutors: Man told to ‘put on a mask like the rest of us’ pulled gun on Fred Meyer shopper

According to prosecutors, the man then attempted to grab his own gun during the struggle and told police, “You’re not getting my gun.” The man continued to fight and even grabbed at the vest of one of the officers in an attempt to bite him, prosecutors said.

White privilege is real. How many brothers could do all of this and not get shot?

• Like 5

All these dumb ****s talking about they want to get business back to normal and the economy back to normal, but they don't understand that not wearing masks will make it take longer for any of that to happen.

My brain can't comprehend how stupid these people are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, purbeast said:

All these dumb ****s talking about they want to get business back to normal and the economy back to normal, but they don't understand that not wearing masks will make it take longer for any of that to happen.

Yea, it's the most ironic period in American life that I can remember living through.  Trump's followers, desperate for him to look good, ignored all health guidelines issued by experts and rushed to return to normal before it was safe to do so, ensuring that the pandemic would not go away (and the economy would not recover) and therefore dooming significantly harming Trump's reelection chances.  

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Lets get back to normal.... where your bartender is going to medically screen you for Coronavirus, serve you without touching anything and is going to santize every surface you touch before the next customer.

For a $5 beer. 

Totally normal. :806:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well looks like Montgomery County has announced it will be an all virtual first semester.  I'm really concerned how this is going to affect my son going into kindergarten.  We are already talking to other parents about doing combined virtual classes so that the kids can have playtime before and after and feel like they are kind of working together.  We will see how this all plays out.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, China said:

Pappas Restaurants - This family-run business counted 90 restaurants nationwide, with 49 located in Houston. They have now permanently closed five of their Houston locations, which is the restaurant's hometown.

Why does one city need 49 locations?

7 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Why does one city need 49 locations?

It's a restaurant group that was started by 2 brothers in the '70s. It's actually a bunch of different types of food. I've been to most of them & always stop in at Pappadeaux when connecting in DFW. Good stuff. 

https://www.pappas.com/home/

image.png.e80ef9e7c5e8f8dbc83352e9a80977ec.png

Edited by EmirOfShmo

20 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

It's a restaurant group that was started by 2 brothers in the '70s. It's actually a bunch of different types of food. I've been to most of them & always stop in at Pappadeaux when connecting in DFW. Good stuff. 

https://www.pappas.com/home/

image.png.e80ef9e7c5e8f8dbc83352e9a80977ec.png

Makes sense now. Could not get my head around a non fast food restaurant serving the same thing in 49 places in the same city. 

The entire push to get everything opened is transparent as you know what in the first place.  This isn't about "getting back to normal" this is about getting any kind of positive spike in the economic statistics in time for the fall election cycle.  Trump is hedging his bets that people have become numb to the covid statistics (despite the fact that they get worse every day STILL) and that if they can manage to get a spike in jobs then that will give him some kind of success story as a final push.  There is zero concern out of him or his administration about how these re-opening efforts could and likely will cause longer term damage to the population and also land the economy right back in the bad spot it was a few months ago.

It is short-sighted, self-serving, and a total lack of leadership. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Pretty okay with this.  Hopefully at some point in the medium-term future, this will give mom-and-pop places a better chance to thrive.

Or not.  Another article and the bottom of the page at that link:

You Won't Believe How Many Beloved Mom-and-Pop Restaurants are Closing

The pandemic has caused a lot of businesses to fold, especially independent restaurants, cafes, and coffee shops.

Many local mom-and-pop restaurants had to close their doors entirely during the pandemic, as they didn't want to risk exposing their employees to the virus by prepping takeaway orders. A lot of independent restaurants also didn't have the bandwidth or resources to offer delivery.

As a result of the mandatory shutdown, as many as 85% of independent restaurants could close by the end of 2020, says a new report from the Independent Restaurant Coalition. The only way these local businesses have a chance at surviving in the future is if they receive help via a massive federal aid package.

The report calls to attention that independent restaurants were not adequately helped by the Paycheck Protection Program and as a result, would have a better chance at staying in business if a proposed $120 billion Restaurant Stabilization Fund passes.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1

Houston is now home to Texas’ first drive-thru strip club  

>>>

It’s all buns and no burger at this drive-thru.

A Texas jiggle joint has found a creative way to attract customers while still letting their ladies strut their stuff during the COVID-19 outbreak: A drive-thru strip club.

The ogling-only affair at the Vivid Gentleman’s Club in Houston — the first of its kind in the Lone Star state — is set up inside a makeshift tent-turned-club where leering customers can park for two songs, Chron, the Houston Chronicle’s sister site reported.

Dancers dressed in thongs, thigh-highs and masks show off their moves from behind several black barricades separating them from the cars. A photo of the scene shows dollar bills scattered across the floor below them as blue lights set up around them mimic a true club feel.<<<

• Like 1