Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Disco tolerance

DCSaints_fan

Disco tolerance  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many disco songs can you listen to before you get tired of it?

• 0 Disco intolerant
    • 1-2 Disco diversionist
    • 3-5 Disco enthusiast
    • 6-10 Disco fan
    • 10+ Boogie all night

The other day when I was making a Costco run I had the radio on and it was playing disco.  I'm pretty sure the song was a Stayin' Alive.  Initially i was into it, but then eventually I had to turn that **** off.  At first I thought, well its the Beegees.  But then I realized it didn't really matter which disco song it was. 

I was thinking maybe other people have a "disco tolerance".  Like they can only listen to so many disco songs before switching it off.  For me its 1-2 songs. 

I don’t know about disco tolerance because I can’t remember the last time I heard a disco song all the way through.  I do have a time limit on how long I can listen to music that I’m not all that into though.  If I ignore it I will actually get a headache.

I remember going into a fried fish place in Miami in, ****, was probably '93-'94. Anyway it was a disco joint playing... "People all over the world, duh duh duh-duh-duh

I always loved that song (and others) by what I learned over time was MFSB. I thought "Stayin' Alive" was alright, but there brand of disco wasn't as captivating as other stuff like Donna Summer

Tl;dr If I was on a deserted island with nothing but disco, I would find a way to..... Stay alive ✌

I'm not sure, it's usually off my radar.  I don't think I have any downloaded on my iPod other than a few select songs.  Disco had some really catchy hooks and stuff you could tap your foot to, that's what makes it last.   Stayin Alive.  Heart of Glass.  Le Freak.  I Will Survive.  

I Feel Love:

Her vocals here are really cool but it's probably more Moroder than anything that makes this song great.

More Moroder:

Not Moroder but it's cool.

That's pretty much the start and stop of what I'd listen to that's considered disco.  

6 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

There should be an option w/ negative numbers

I guess that means you attempt to actively suppress disco 🙂

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm not sure, it's usually off my radar.  I don't think I have any downloaded on my iPod other than a few select songs.  Disco had some really catchy hooks and stuff you could tap your foot to, that's what makes it last.   Stayin Alive.  Heart of Glass.  Le Freak.  I Will Survive.  

That's pretty much the start and stop of what I'd listen to that's considered disco.  

For some reason I never considered Blondie to be disco.  More like disco-ish.  Also I put that category into Kool and the Gang "Celebration", on the other hand "Ladies Night" is definitely disco. 

3 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I guess that means you attempt to actively suppress disco 🙂

For some reason I never considered Blondie to be disco.  More like disco-ish.  Also I put that category into Kool and the Gang "Celebration", on the other hand "Ladies Night" is definitely disco. 

I don't consider Blondie to be disco, either.  But I consider that specific song to be disco.  

Didn't the DJ's back in the late 70s, in the disco clubs, start mixing and scratching the records on the turn tables while creating their own lyrics, and this was the start of the urban Rap music we have today?

22 minutes ago, c slag said:

Didn't the DJ's back in the late 70s, in the disco clubs, start mixing and scratching the records on the turn tables while creating their own lyrics, and this was the start of the urban Rap music we have today?

This is the focus of the Netflix series “The Getdown”

13 minutes ago, clietas said:

I consider Boogie Shoes funk not disco tho. Mayhaps ya only like 2 disco songs? 😬

Hmm. 

I'll just take your word for it before I start googling Funk vs Disco.   :ols:

Archived