Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Disco tolerance

DCSaints_fan

Disco tolerance  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How many disco songs can you listen to before you get tired of it?

• 0 Disco intolerant
    • 1-2 Disco diversionist
    • 3-5 Disco enthusiast
    • 6-10 Disco fan
    • 10+ Boogie all night

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I can listen to disco endlessly. It's right in my young adult phase. I like funk too, Funkadelics etc. I was dancing to disco pretty much exclusively in those days. This was before I had Adrienne who was born January 1978.

Since I lived my formative years during the 'Disco era' (1970-1980) I'm right there with you.

"Disco Music" - what exactly is that? Plenty of 'I can dance to that' bands/songs during that era but not everything dance-able was disco. Lots of different music. Cool time for so many different types of music.

Anyway - funk. Yeah, the precursor (according to me) to rap. One of those....Parliment/Funkadelic - Whoa...

I’ve never really listened to disco. Any disco I’ve heard I’ve somehow managed to hear at least 500 times through life, so I would t really enjoy it for that reason

but in the spirit of destino’s first post, about tolerance for music you don’t like...

I used to be that way and one day it just changed. I decided I don’t care what genre it is. I can appreciate someone who’s good at making the music they like. And i now just enjoy music a lot more. 

even got into an edm kick. I which I used to loathe. Currently it’s all I listen to. But I think the strongest appeal is the just constant release of new songs. It’s entertaining to heard new stuff almost daily. 

my biggest problem is genres I don’t know well. I just can’t find music I like. 

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Since I lived my formative years during the 'Disco era' (1970-1980) I'm right there with you.

"Disco Music" - what exactly is that? Plenty of 'I can dance to that' bands/songs during that era but not everything dance-able was disco. Lots of different music. Cool time for so many different types of music.

Anyway - funk. Yeah, the precursor (according to me) to rap. One of those....Parliment/Funkadelic - Whoa...

I worked in the record department at Sears 1975-76, and played a lot of different music. Personally I consider those years some of the best for all kinds of music. My personal record collection was fantastic.

I am not a fan of disco.. i have very little tolerance of it. 
Funk .. this I can dig. Funkadelic more so than Parliament.. Funkadelic put out some really solid records. George was fun, but that sort of superseded some of the music. 

Soul music i can really dig, especially in the 60s and 70s, and i can even be known to listen to some techno..  but Studio 54 70s disco.. no thanks. 

~Bang

Well ****. I am old. ;)  I have been,and probably always will be,all over the map when it comes to music. Blame it on the diversity of friends I've had with all kinds of taste in music or whatever. As another who's formidable years took place during the beginning of Disco to its end,my bell bottom wearing,long hair parted in the middle,choker wearing self,(back then), has a higher than normal tolerance for Disco. So there. ;) 

Prefer that 70's funk over disco though. 

I had a buddy in ATL in the early 80s so I went in 81 to visit. We hit this place one night during the week. Incredible scene: women in cellophane outfits, sharks swimming in the tank below the plexiglass dance floor, etc. Did I mention women & men of all shapes sizes & colors? Surreal...Disco, good times. 

https://indeliblemusings.wordpress.com/2012/07/02/atlantas-limelight-the-souths-studio-59/amp/

Archived