Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Quarantine Thread

No Excuses

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Watched Cleopatra on Sunday, what an immense project that movie was. The actors were terrific, Elizabeth Taylor up against Rex Harrison as Caesar and literally Richard Burton as Marc Antony. Taylor's entrance into Rome was spectacular! It's a long movie, Dancer was grateful to the intermission when I took her out. Plus TCM does such a good job of describing the behind the scenes of the movies. I find myself watching lots of TCM movies.

I love TCM movies too.  If you're a fan of the style of the Cohen brothers, they made a pretty great comedy/tribute to that historical epic era of big studio Hollywood movie making called Hail Caesar!  It makes a lot of jokes about some of the absurdities of making those grand productions in the 50s, but it's loving teasing.  It had me cracking up and I loved the extended scenes where they just kind of show the movies they're making within the movie.  It's on Netflix right now.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I don't know, she is two years older than me and she doesn't appeal to me.

Some folks like that thin, spidery thing.  Some folks not as much.

For me, I like some waggle.  Lynda Carter still looks outrageous for 67.

92B0F1B7-69A0-4530-916D-632B6C18D670.jpeg

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Alright.  I'll take the bait.  Who does appeal to you? 

For example, Salma Hayek, Linda Carter, women who have real curves. No fake breasts, all natural.  

You have to remember that at my age, 68, I'm unlikely to date women much younger than myself now. 

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 8

22 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Excalibur is probably the greatest movie of all time.  Also, it’s super corny and kinda terrible.

Absolutely yes to both of these lol...

Helen Mirren stood out like a sore thumb, though...both because she was easily the best actor on the screen, and it wasn't even close, and because she was pretty sexy.

helen_mirren_in_excalibur_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1