Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I considered hedging and saying Keller or Jose Andres. Guy Fieri looks like he is in wardrobe to play the sun in a school play. 

The Guido act is his shtick but he's good people from what i can tell.  Andres is a saint though. 

I only live 36 miles from French Laundry/Ad Hoc and have never been. But my foodie wife loves both. Also fwiw the chicken at Ad Hoc is only available Fridays and Saturdays, unless something has changed. 

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

The Guido act is his shtick but he's good people from what i can tell.  Andres is a saint though. 

I only live 36 miles from French Laundry/Ad Hoc and have never been. But my foodie wife loves both. Also fwiw the chicken at Ad Hoc is only available Fridays and Saturdays, unless something has changed. 

French Laundry lived up to its billing, but obviously it is prohibitively expensive. Ad Hoc is way more accessible and you should go asap. 

I don’t have any issues with Guy Fieri, he seems like a good dude, even if he’s a cartoon. I don’t even consider him to be a chef. He’s a TV host with shows about food. Nobody on FoodTV are top-tier chefs. 

27 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don’t have any issues with Guy Fieri, he seems like a good dude, even if he’s a cartoon. I don’t even consider him to be a chef. He’s a TV host with shows about food. Nobody on FoodTV are top-tier chefs. 

There's just something gross about him.  All that goo in his hair...he'd never get near me, my kitchen, or my food.  But he did an episode of his DDDs at one of our local joints near where I work, home of ATL's Best Fried Chicken (Matthews Cafeteria).  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Y’all are taking this much too seriously…and it annoys me.

Are you suggesting that you took Guy Fieri’s name in vain?  That your suggestion that he was, in fact, America’s most important chef was …..a ruse???

This guy was brought up in jest???

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Haha 2

British food is alright, especially if you count dishes that actually originated in GB but are based on the cuisines of the broader British empire, like Tikka Masala. Also, afternoon tea is a pretty great idea that I wish we had in the States. Cant beat fish & chips, or just roasting up a giant hunk of meat. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

Kinda weird that Czech is 27 and Slovakia is 50 when they're almost the same...regardless, the food is amazing

Ever since Dr. Doom executed Slovakia's former Minister of Cuisine there's been a remarkable improvement.

• Haha 1