Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

Ok, well I would say from personal experience that high dollar drug rehab places are basically a fraud and you can only help someone who wants to help. The local NA group is better at treating addiction than whatever dollars you can through at some facility to send your problem child too. 

My honest feeling is that the drug use and homosexuality coming from a 14 year old is a sign of abuse and I would want him seen by a counselor before I sent him off to some place that might be full of predators. 

I mean, he might just be gay and chose to so drugs. But I would want to find out.

As far as what you can do not much really. I would just point out it might be a sign of abuse so he can at least have that conversation with his son.  

• Like 2

One of the hardest things to do in life is watch someone you care about make a bad decision.

Hopefully the son gets the help he needs one way or another.  You're a good dude @TryTheBeal!, but unfortunately you can't win em all.

https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f96ba4f2-38d7-4d04-ba81-ad843b3af684

Edited by dfitzo53
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Jabbyrwock said:

It is possible to do everything correctly and still lose.  That's not a flaw.  That's life.

...its also why we invented double malt scotch.

Thanks Jean Luc.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Ok, well I would say from personal experience that high dollar drug rehab places are basically a fraud and you can only help someone who wants to help. The local NA group is better at treating addiction than whatever dollars you can through at some facility to send your problem child too. 

My honest feeling is that the drug use and homosexuality coming from a 14 year old is a sign of abuse and I would want him seen by a counselor before I sent him off to some place that might be full of predators. 

I mean, he might just be gay and chose to so drugs. But I would want to find out.

As far as what you can do not much really. I would just point out it might be a sign of abuse so he can at least have that conversation with his son.  

That's tough.  People can be the nicest mfs ever, but behind closed doors...

I beat addiction to liquor by myself.  I knew it would kill me, so I isolated and took the punishment.  Anecdotal, but it serves your point.

Beal, my advice is to give him the album Lateralus and tell him they are trying too hard.  Listen to the lyrics from the song "Triad".  Introspective lyrics...4/4 beat.

Don't worry about it man.  Like my dad ALWAYS says, "It's a crazy world."  My favorite line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I saw Vanilla Ice on the Food Network talking about feng shui, color patterns, and his time at interior design school. It’s never too late to follow your dreams guys!

Damn, he's on food network now? Dude was on TLC or Discovery a few years ago flipping luxury houses in LA.

Ever since Suge had the goons hang him by his feet off a highrise decades ago, the Iceman has been following his dreams and passions LOL.  

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Chew said:

Damn, he's on food network now? Dude was on TLC or Discovery a few years ago flipping luxury houses in LA.

He was just a guest on one of the shows. 

I put it in the TV thread but I watched the first season of The Sinner will Bill Pullman and Jessica Biel. You would definitely like it if you haven’t seen it yet. Getting ready for season two.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I put it in the TV thread but I watched the first season of The Sinner will Bill Pullman and Jessica Biel. You would definitely like it if you haven’t seen it yet. Getting ready for season two.

I loved Season 1.  Seeing Bill Pullman getting pegged threw me off a tad, though LOL.  Not sure why I never watched the follow on seasons.  

Pullman is in the other seasons but entirely new stories...right?  I'll have to check it out.  

@d0ublestr0ker0ll I think you'd appreciate this from a drumming standpoint.

What this guy does is incredible. This ONE dude Impersonates how 20 of the greatest drummers ever, would each interpret the song "Africa".

He admits he's not always in the pocket, since it was spontaneous.

But that spontaneity makes this even more amazing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

@d0ublestr0ker0ll I think you'd appreciate this from a drumming standpoint.

What this guy does is incredible. This ONE dude Impersonates how 20 of the greatest drummers ever, would each interpret the song "Africa".

He admits he's not always in the pocket, since it was spontaneous.

But that spontaneity makes this even more amazing.

I like how he uses the catchiest stuff.  Bonham's "Rock and Roll" from Zeppelin, Ulrich's "One" from Metallica...

Cool.

Put some 'spect on Porcaro's name, y'all.  "Africa" is not a song I like too much..."Roseanna" is.  I posted this a bit ago in the music thread.  It's where Porcaro got the "Roseanna" beat, and Bonham got the "Fool in the Rain" beat from.  All about the subtle snare drum dribbles.  Plus, this guy is hilarious.  Talks and laughs while he drums.  The Purdie Shuffle...timestamped correctly.

• Like 2