Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I was too young to "get" kurt at the time (I was 12 when he passed), but I feel the brother now.  The MTV unplugged version of "Come As You Are" still gives me goosebumps. 

Addiction and depression might be the most brutal one-two punch in existence with the way they fuel each other.  The level of hopelessness is incomprehensible if you've never been there. (Hope that doesn't sound douchey)

• Like 6

Started back today on doing a daily walk. Off to a slow start. Starting at 2 miles until I knock off a few more minutes/seconds then I'll add some more miles. I have 12 more pounds to **** slap. Healthy eating has worked but it's time to pick up the pace. 

• Like 4

On 4/4/2021 at 2:15 PM, Chew said:

So...can we still wear our old redskins gear?  Or will I get end up on tiktok getting cussed out by some Gen Z'er?

I'm bald and I need to wear a hat...i literally only own skins hats.  

Absolutely.  I didn't spend all that money on my Redskins stuff to not wear it.  In the event I am out at a bar with it on and a Native American tells me it is offensive, I'll tell them I understand and take it off and toss in in my vehicle.  Anyone that is not Native American talks **** about it, I'll tell them to **** off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had to call the police on my neighbor who lives above me and to the side...not the guy directly above me.  Two floor apartment building.

He came at me with a hammer.  I was backed in to a corner where my door is.  He has been inquiring me over and over again about small issues with the building maintanence...nothing to do with my upkeep.

I worked a 20 hour shift yesterday and came home war-torn.  It was an extremely high maintenance group of a lot of animals.  I absolutely killed it, and wanted to decompress with my dog and outdoor cat playing in the courtyard.  Fun, laughing, posted some BS here in the RTT.

He comes out...with a hammer.  Starts hammering away at the staircase leading up to his apartment.  The animals got alerted and nervous.  All good...I mediated them.  Then, after about 10 seconds, he asks me why the staircase has a plank loose on the first step.  I was finished with this mf.

I said, "well you were kicking it over and over to get snow off your shoes when it was snowing, and I know this because it woke me up every time."  He said in his normal (I have no life) tone, "Excuse me???"

I gathered my dog, and went inside.

I know, dick-move by me, but I had-HAD it.  A few minutes later, I go outside to check on the cat, and of course he heard my door open.  He comes downstairs with the hammer and has it RAISED and extended out...approaching me at my door.

He said, "do you have a problem with me?"

I said, "you're going to come at me with a hammer???"

"YEAH" he said...

I said, "okay". Dipped inside, locked my door, and called the cops.  Ugh.

Great dispatcher, quick convo, cop showed up in 5 minutes.  Young woman...20-something.  She was great.  She went up to his door, talked to him for a minute, came back down, and said that he would not bother me again.  Great.

Now I'm worried about revenge crap.  Guy could have a sword and I'd easily smash his brains in.  But I will do everything possible to avoid confrontation.  Unfortunately, right now, I feel slightly uncomfortable hanging out on my porch.  I know this guy will want to talk to me, and I don't want to at all.

God dammit...neighbor problems suck.

• Sad 9

Sounds like you did the right thing. Just by raising the hammer at you dude was communicating a threat. 

I doubt he retaliates. Cops have a record of the incident now on file. 

I wouldn't worry about hanging out on your porch either. If it were me I'd be out there tomorrow hanging out n if he walks by give him the evil eye. 😆

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@d0ublestr0ker0llYou should do some Santeria **** on your porch.  Sacrifice a goat or a chicken or something.  Leave blood everywhere.  Let him know you're the crazy one.  Comes at you with a hammer?  Walk around with a severed goat head and do some chanting.  He'll never bother you again.

Speaking of crazy ones, prayers up to DMX.  Pull through man.

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Started back today on doing a daily walk. Off to a slow start. Starting at 2 miles until I knock off a few more minutes/seconds then I'll add some more miles. I have 12 more pounds to **** slap. Healthy eating has worked but it's time to pick up the pace. 

Good stuff 😎.  One step at a time.  

• Like 2

Just found out through the grapevine that an old coworker is about to spend $60K to send his 14 year old son to “gay conversion camp” this summer in South Florida.

I think the world of this guy. Known him since early-00s, shared a sales office with him from 05-08.  I’ve met his whole family on numerous occasions, but not since Xmas 15 or so.  His dad has been my Erie Insurance agent for 20 years.  Big Michigan fan so we text about ball all the time...even a few last night.  We both got “clean” about the same time back in 05 and we probably couldn’t have done it without each other.  I’m trying to say we’re really tight, even tho I only see him for a few hours a year these days.  And yes, he’s always been a little bit of a redneck.

I know this money is a big dip for him.  He has two daughters at Va Tech currently.  I know his wife, whom I love, is super religious.  I know gay conversion therapy is pretty much a scam.

Do I broach the conversation?  I feel like I can provide a lot of support and maybe improve this outcome.
Do I hang back and just be ready to help him pick up the pieces?
Do I even let him know that I know at all?

Edited by TryTheBeal!
  • Sad 3

7 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Just found out through the grapevine that an old coworker is about to spend $60K to send his 14 year old son to “gay conversion camp” this summer in South Florida.

I think the world of this guy. Known him since early-00s, shared a sales office with him from 05-08.  I’ve met his whole family on numerous occasions, but not since Xmas 15 or so.  His dad has been my Erie Insurance agent for 20 years.  Big Michigan fan so we text about ball all the time...even a few last night.  We both got “clean” about the same time back in 05 and we probably couldn’t have done it without each other.  I’m trying to say we’re really tight, even tho I only see him for a few hours a year these days.  And yes, he’s always been a little bit of a redneck.

I know this money is a big dip for him.  He has two daughters at Va Tech currently.  I know his wife, whom I love, is super religious.  I know gay conversion therapy is pretty much a scam.

Do I broach the conversation?  I feel like I can provide a lot of support and maybe improve this outcome.
Do I even let him know that I know at all?

I'd say yes, bring it up.  He's a close bro and it's a close-bro thing to do to try and help.  If he gets defensive, stand down right away.

Wtf is gay conversion camp?

2 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

I'd say yes, bring it up.  He's a close bro and it's a close-bro thing to do to try and help.  If he gets defensive, stand down right away.

"Pray the Gay away" camp.

Total scam. His son's gay. Nothing's gonna change that. I thought acceptance was a big thing in Christianity...

Sending their son to the place would be putting him through absolute hell.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Total scam. His son's gay. Nothing's gonna change that. I thought acceptance was a big thing in Christianity...

Dude...

Yeah, that's twisted as heck.  Maybe don't stand down right away.  Might have to be blunt as hell if you can't get him to listen without raising his voice.  One of those "I love ya bro, but"....and think of a one liner which will be the finishing haymaker, then gtfo of Dodge.

Sad.  Good luck.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Yep.  But at least Jesus would be pleased that he tried to save his son from eternal damnation due to the gay. :rolleyes:

Imagine truly believing, in your heart, that your child will "burn in hell for eternity" for LITERALLY being themselves.  ****ing insanity.  

No religion in the RTT, so I'll fall back.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I'd go with this one.

It'd be like convincing your friend that their church is a scam or Christianity is a scam. 

37 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

36 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Ok, just made a phone call and got an update.

1.  It’s not this summer, it’s tonight.  The family is on the plane currently.

2.  There is a significant drug issue at play.  Way too much for a 14 year old.

3.  The facility is much, much more of a rehab than it is a church.  Which is good.

• Sad 3