Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

16 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I liked Real World as a kid (I'm talking like, 11 and 12 years old) because it felt like an adult thing to watch.  But then I remember watching it in my early 20s and thinking "This is some manipulative ****, they're just taking all these people from different backgrounds and having them live together and documenting what chaos ensues."  It was the first episode of a new season and these people couldn't make it past, like, 3 hours before having a giant fight.   

I'm sure Road Rules has aged terribly, too.

MTV was once great, but I've not watched it in forever, either.  Being able to watch music videos endlessly was awesome.  

Holy ****, Road Rules.  I actually liked one of their seasons.  The dude who looked like the lead singer of The Offspring after he cut his hair and got a spiked flat top.  I think it was the first season.

My sentiments exactly, I felt older than I was.  It was cutting-edge debauchery.  Now it's cutting-edge douchebaggery.

MTV had spring break back in the day tho.  They had chicks wearing bikinis with underboob.  Watershed moment.

We'll be back after these 20 commercials...

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Holy ****, Road Rules.  I actually liked one of their seasons.  The dude who looked like the lead singer of The Offspring after he cut his hair and got a spiked flat top.  I think it was the first season.

My sentiments exactly, I felt older than I was.  It was cutting-edge debauchery.  Now it's cutting-edge douchebaggery.

MTV had spring break back in the day tho.  They had chicks wearing bikinis with underboob.  Watershed moment.

MTV used to be the channel to watch during Spring Break and Summer time. I remember being a child, going over to my grandma's house (they had cable) and watching inappropriate TV shows on MTV. Several years ago (I want to say about 15 years or so), MTV did a Real World marathon. They played every episode, from every season with the marketing campaign that after they show these episodes, they would never air them again. I sat there and watched all The Real World before it became a freaking game show with staged reality moments. I tried to find the older episodes online, but no dice. Damn, I feel old.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

MTV used to be the channel to watch during Spring Break and Summer time. I remember being a child, going over to my grandma's house (they had cable) and watching inappropriate TV shows on MTV. Several years ago (I want to say about 15 years or so), MTV did a Real World marathon. They played every episode, from every season with the marketing campaign that after they show these episodes, they would never air them again. I sat there and watched all The Real World before it became a freaking game show with staged reality moments. I tried to find the older episodes online, but no dice. Damn, I feel old.

Remember Kurt Loader?  The straight-edge, quasi-news reporter on MTV?  He's 75.

screen-shot-2020-05-05-at-5_02.01-pm.jpg.1a3c68e7744dd0eb13fdb356aa303521.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yes, yes, yes...Daisy Fuentes...

Spoiler

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Never thought I would cry at a picture of Kurt Loder, but here we are.

Don't cry, if we're lucky, we all get to be old.

If it makes you feel any better, I used to have a huge crush on Kennedy. Yes, kids...that Kennedy.

• Haha 2

Look at all this activity in the RTT.  This is what the **** I'm talkin' bout.    😎

Highly recommend The Challenge on MTV.  Reality game show with a bunch of douchey gym bros and tight body chicks doing all kinds of crazy physical challenges.  Drama, laughs, and ass. 

18 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Ho-lee-crap.  Watching it now.  Seems like yesterday.

It does.  We're getting old, brother.  Father Time needs to slow his roll. :( 

Edited by Chew
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chew said:

Look at all this activity in the RTT.  This is what the **** I'm talkin' bout.  😎

It does.  We're getting old, brother.  Father Time needs to slow his roll. :( 

Yeah, you being back is what the **** I'm talkin' bout.  Getting old is like switching to VH1 back in the 90s.  I ain't got them hands anymore.  I'm like Muhammad Ali against Larry Holmes in here.  Yo Mike, knock his ass out for me.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Dumb rule.

Someone explain why vids and gifs are "bad".

Scroll by them.  I know it takes more of an effort from the thumb, but it'll be ok.  Ice it afterwards.

Nah, it's a rule because the mods posted it, and watch this thread, because people couldn't ease up in the last one, and got it shut down.

I couldn't give a damn what you or anyone else do for real, but I like posting in here, and just wanted to remind to everybody, just because I view it as the right thing to do.

I mean, I could just sit back and say nothing and let yall get this **** shut down again, because I'm not really about having to hold people's hands. But this isn't the old rtt. Plenty of fun can be had in here, so long  as we work within the framework. If that's too much for you, then can always just scroll past this thread :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Nah, it's a rule because the mods posted it, and watch this thread, because people couldn't ease up in the last one, and got it shut down.

I couldn't give a damn what you or anyone else do for real, but I like posting in here, and just wanted to remind to everybody, just because I view it as the right thing to do.

I mean, I could just sit back and say nothing and let yall get this **** shut down again, because I'm not really about having to hold people's hands. But this isn't the old rtt. Plenty of fun can be had in here, so long  as we work within the framework. If that's too much for you, then can always just scroll past this thread :)

Oh I just love the condescending Debbie Downer s***.  MOAR.

My response wasn't directed towards you, it was directed towards the policing of the thread, that you rightly called-out.  Sucks.

11 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Oh I just love the condescending Debbie Downer s***.  MOAR.

My response wasn't directed towards you, it was directed towards the policing of the thread, that you rightly called-out.  Sucks.

Sure sounded like you were talking to me 🤔 . But at any rate, yeah, it sucks, but we've been too outta pocket in the rtt, so this is really the last stand. It ain't gonna come back after this one, so we all just gotta make sure that if too many vids get posted, we dial it down and keep it moving. 👍🏼

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Sure sounded like you were talking to me 🤔 . But at any rate, yeah, it sucks, but we've been too outta pocket in the rtt, so this is really the last stand. It ain't gonna come back after this one, so we all just gotta make sure that if too many vids get posted, we dial it down and keep it moving. 👍🏼

I'll edit em.

• Like 1