Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules


Jumbo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does anybody else watch movies several times and start over analyzing certain parts of the movie or plot?

Sure we're supposed to ignore logic a lot in movies but at times it can get pretty comical the things we either miss or are expected to.

 

A few examples in movies I've recently watched.

 

In the original superman (1978) lex Luther's grand plan was to buy up worthless real estate and turn it into beach front property by murdering millions of civilians.

Was he really hoping that nobody would notice he had just conveniently purchased all that land for seemingly no reason?

 

In the movie independence day the only guy who was thinking clearly was the guy who said their plan was ****amamie.

Their plan was the equivalent to taking a p51 mustang, fixing it up and flying it out into the middle of the ocean and landing it on an aircraft carrier hoping it wouldn't raise suspicion. 

 

Another one (of probably thousands if I thought about it)

Is from a movie I love, one of my favorite all time.

In the shawshank redemption when Andy dufresne is making his escape he smashes the sewage pipe open and it blasts raw sewage up into his face.

If the pipe was wide open 500 yards away pouring into the river it wouldn't be under pressure, poor Andy would have crawled through 500 yards of sewage and found a closed valve, that would have really sucked.

 

I sometimes drive my wife crazy when I start picking apart movies especially after I've seen them many times but it can be quite entertaining.

 

Anybody else have any good examples of times when you had a good eye roll from a movie scene or plot?

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Does anybody else watch movies several times and start over analyzing certain parts of the movie or plot?

Sure we're supposed to ignore logic a lot in movies but at times it can get pretty comical the things we either miss or are expected to.

 

A few examples in movies I've recently watched.

 

In the original superman (1978) lex Luther's grand plan was to buy up worthless real estate and turn it into beach front property by murdering millions of civilians.

Was he really hoping that nobody would notice he had just conveniently purchased all that land for seemingly no reason?

 

In the movie independence day the only guy who was thinking clearly was the guy who said their plan was ****amamie.

Their plan was the equivalent to taking a p51 mustang, fixing it up and flying it out into the middle of the ocean and landing it on an aircraft carrier hoping it wouldn't raise suspicion. 

 

Another one (of probably thousands if I thought about it)

Is from a movie I love, one of my favorite all time.

In the shawshank redemption when Andy dufresne is making his escape he smashes the sewage pipe open and it blasts raw sewage up into his face.

If the pipe was wide open 500 yards away pouring into the river it wouldn't be under pressure, poor Andy would have crawled through 500 yards of sewage and found a closed valve, that would have really sucked.

 

I sometimes drive my wife crazy when I start picking apart movies especially after I've seen them many times but it can be quite entertaining.

 

Anybody else have any good examples of times when you had a good eye roll from a movie scene or plot?

 

 

 

 

Terminator 2:  T-1000 stabs Sarah in the shoulder and asks her to call for John, then points another stabber right in front of her forehead.  Like she's going to sacrifice her son after putting up such a fight because she's in a bit of pain.  "John, please come here and die!  Mommy's shoulder hurts!"

 

Put a sword in her skull, push her in the orange soup, copy her likeness, and be like John I killed it!!!!  Wouldn't have to worry about the pesky chick anymore, and once he got John in his sights without protection, it's curtains.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have trouble with jus relaxing and watching Netflix because of needing to suspend disbelief. 

 

This comes across as more a problem with me because they aren't documentaries, which I prefer.  

 

Being single, it was easy to ignore this and let it get worse. Wife is helping me with this, she likes Commando and we started watching it other day before daughter wanted our attention. 

 

I dont believe being so anal that many forms of art aren't enjoyable is a good thing.  I dont want to have to be not sober to stop being so picky.  Life is too short. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Soon, all commercials will be about sports gambling. 

 

Automobile and beer companies disagree.

 

Anyone remember commercial breaks on MTV in the 90s?  Every one of them was 5 minutes long.  Felt like 10.  It was absurd.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I Am considering drinking further.

 

I usually drink beer and wine but I cannot get a buzz off them anymore. I feel like I need to take the next step into harder spirits.

 

What spirits would you recommend and what preparation styles would you recommend for them? I have been looking into Makers and Jack honey.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, clietas said:

I stopped watching MTV in 1992. The Real World destroyed the once great concept that was music television. 

 

I didn't like The Real World either.  Outside of the dude whose nickname was Snot (or something like that) on the first season, and the gay dude who had AIDS during that season...the rest of the series sucked.

 

After Beavis and Butthead ended, I was done.  At least their show had them reacting to music videos.  Hey, if you think about it, they're the OGs of the reaction video phenomenon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I Am considering drinking further.

 

I usually drink beer and wine but I cannot get a buzz off them anymore. I feel like I need to take the next step into harder spirits.

 

What spirits would you recommend and what preparation styles would you recommend for them? I have been looking into Makers and Jack honey.

 

It depends a lot on your tastes.  Do you want to taste the liquor or just get buzzed by it?  There are many options.  Clear liquors like gin and vodka are good for mixers.  Bourbon is good both as a mixer and straight.  Personally, I've come to enjoy Scotch straight.  But you may find your tastes change and grow.  Years ago, straight whiskey was not for me, now it is.

 

I'll refer you the liquor thread:

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was a hater of American Idol.  Back a decade and a half ago, I would go on rants.  "They're looking for soul singers from the 60s, except with perfect, mechanical delivery."

 

Never seen a second of The Voice.  It's like they're all olympic athletes in a certain competition, trying to win by millimeters or milliseconds.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I Am considering drinking further.

 

I usually drink beer and wine but I cannot get a buzz off them anymore. I feel like I need to take the next step into harder spirits.

 

What spirits would you recommend and what preparation styles would you recommend for them? I have been looking into Makers and Jack honey.

 

Jack and coke is an easy one.  Or make a boilermaker (shot of bourbon poured into your beer of choice), crazy enough......bourbon with miller lite or bud light isn't that bad.  Also, long island ice teas, and really anything mixed with vodka.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Or make a boilermaker (shot of bourbon poured into your beer of choice), crazy enough......bourbon with miller lite or bud light isn't that bad.

I prefer the term 'depth charge', but I enjoy movies like Das Boot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

 

I didn't like The Real World either.  Outside of the dude whose nickname was Snot (or something like that) on the first season, and the gay dude who had AIDS during that season...the rest of the series sucked.

 

After Beavis and Butthead ended, I was done.  At least their show had them reacting to music videos.  Hey, if you think about it, they're the OGs of the reaction video phenomenon.

 

I liked Real World as a kid (I'm talking like, 11 and 12 years old) because it felt like an adult thing to watch.  But then I remember watching it in my early 20s and thinking "This is some manipulative ****, they're just taking all these people from different backgrounds and having them live together and documenting what chaos ensues."  It was the first episode of a new season and these people couldn't make it past, like, 3 hours before having a giant fight.   

 

I'm sure Road Rules has aged terribly, too.

 

MTV was once great, but I've not watched it in forever, either.  Being able to watch music videos endlessly was awesome.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...