Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

22 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

The History Channel used to be great.

I'll quote @Mr. Sinister from the original Random thought thread:

History Channel (by FAR the biggest offender) - "Billy dun pawned em a goodun!"/"Billy dun got bit by a gator!"/Billy dun got abducted by  aliens!"

aHc - "Billy dun found Hitler!"

This was from 2 years ago.  Going back through threads on this forum, I noticed that they started their decline around 2010.  So the History Channel has been lame for quite a while now.

• Haha 2

To go from direct and to the point documentaries, like you'd see in a classroom on the beloved "video day"... to centering shows around personalities...is a travesty.  Even the commentator of The Universe is only so listenable.  The damn Modern Marvels guy got soft, too.  Watching those old episodes make ya feel uneasy, now dude speaks like he's talking to a group of children.

On 11/23/2020 at 11:28 PM, China said:

Mysterious monolith vanishes from Utah desert

A mysterious metal monolith found in a remote desert of the western United States has apparently disappeared, officials said.

The Utah Bureau of Land Management said on Saturday that it had received “credible reports” that the object had been removed “by an unknown party” on Friday.

Click on the link for the full article

At the same time that one disappeared, a new one appears:

Monolith 'identical to Utah desert structure' appears on the other side of the world

The story of the mysterious metal monolith that was discovered in Utah, before disappearing, has taken an even more bizarre turn.

Reports coming out of Romania suggest that an identical monolith – possibly even the same one – has appeared in the city of Piatra Neamt.

The mysterious metal structure was found a few metres from the well-known archaeological landmark the Petrodava Dacian Fortress.

0_Newsflash-MetalMonolithRomania-01.jpg

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

ive been worried about upgrading. They just don’t look as sleek or as comfortable 

Never had the other ones, but the sound quality is great, noise cancelling is pretty good, too.   Don't miss being tethered to my iPhone with the regular headphones that came with it.

They're comfy enough, no problems with keeping them in my ears.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Never had the other ones, but the sound quality is great, noise cancelling is pretty good, too.   Don't miss being tethered to my iPhone with the regular headphones that came with it.

They're comfy enough, no problems with keeping them in my ears.

nice, comfort was my biggest concern with the new design. I have the first gen pods and going with cordless ear buds was an absolute changer for me. I wear them everywhere. They work so well and connect easily. It’s hassle free with excellent quality. I love them. 

6 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

nice, comfort was my biggest concern with the new design. I have the first gen pods and going with cordless ear buds was an absolute changer for me. I wear them everywhere. They work so well and connect easily. It’s hassle free with excellent quality. I love them. 

just got my new IPhone in the mail today.  Been debating if I should get the pods.  I don’t think I have ever used the corded buds so I wonder if I would even use them.

15 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

Maybe it's a cubana? 😁

I was mildly hoping for a TOOC reply, I suppose this will do.

Actually I secretly wanted to spawn a series of arcs with: "I asked for a Cuban" ... punchline.

Like: "I asked for a Cuban ... and I got @Mr. Sinister instead." 🤞

Until inevitably the reply is: "You asked for a Cuban ... and here I am, Jackass." Then reality as we know it shuts down, as the simulation reboots.