Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Covert over Joe Jacoby

rdskn4eva

Im trying to understand how Covert goes into the Hall before Jacoby?

From Wiki

Covert

Jacoby

Can someone please explain how Jacoby keeps getting snubbed??

Because a-holes like Peter Queen are involved. And mostly because players continue to be judged by where they went in the draft. It's just to hard for douchebags to accept that an UDFA turned out better, and typically those guys don't have the publicity machines from alumni networks pushing their case.

Don't forget that along with the 3 SB wins the Skins broke the SB rushing record TWICE with two different RBs, and we broke the single season scoring record in 83.

Btw, Peter King also went on record that the 1990 Bills team that lost the SB was better than the 91 Skins team that wiped the floor with Jim Kelly's rattled skull.

It's the Hall of Famous, not the Hall of Fame.  The Bears had a more boisterous personality than Gibbs Redskins and he was one of the few consistent offensive faces on Ditka's Bears besides Payton with McMahon constantly hurt, them trading away Gault

"But this white puff of smoke emerging from a closed-door meeting system where voters have to present a case for candidates reeks of deal making and calls into question the validity of the decision making. It’s something out of the dark ages. All that’s missing is a Chicago alderman." 

-  Thom Loverro

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/feb/4/joe-jacoby-snub-proof-hall-fame-broken/

Yet all we see on BSPN and other websites is how horrific it is that Drew Pearson didn't get in, but Carmichael did.

Nobody even brings up Gary Clark, who had better stats than both and pretty much the same as Michael Irvin's stats despite playing more in the 80's not much in the 90's.

Wait a minute!!!

You mean to tell me that the HOF committee snubbed the 1960's Green Bay Packer waterboy and the secretary to the groundskeeper???  Atrocious. Absolutely mind blowing, how dare they!!! 

I gave up on the HOF when they first snubbed Art Monk. I KNEW that if they put Monk off for that long, with his resume', then Gary Clark had no chance whatsoever. The fact that the entire offensive line of th' Hogs isn't in by now is a testament to the biased views of the ones casting the ballots, mainly one Peter " **** for brains " King, who simply hates the Redskins with a passion. 

Jim Lachey is another, and eventually so will Trent Williams be. All cast aside, while flamboyant motor mouths and criminals are scooped up and put on pedestals and given busts and jackets, while being patted on their backs hearing 'great job you deserve it'. BULL ****!

I just wish that whenever the next Redskin accidentally gets elected, he stands in front of the mic, and calls out the HOF committee on passing up the great Redskin players who DO deserve to be voted in, and not as some obligatory 'oh by the way' nomination, when the player has passed away. Flat out call out the names of Peter King and ask him while on the mic 'what do you have against the Redskins'?, then give him the finger, grab his jacket and demand the committee publically answers.

I think everyone knows how i feel on this subject

30 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

Wait a minute!!!

You mean to tell me that the HOF committee snubbed the 1960's Green Bay Packer waterboy and the secretary to the groundskeeper???  Atrocious. Absolutely mind blowing, how dare they!!! 

I gave up on the HOF when they first snubbed Art Monk. I KNEW that if they put Monk off for that long, with his resume', then Gary Clark had no chance whatsoever. The fact that the entire offensive line of th' Hogs isn't in by now is a testament to the biased views of the ones casting the ballots, mainly one Peter " **** for brains " King, who simply s.

I'v always felt the HOGS should have been inducted into the HOF as a group. There has never and probably never will be again such a ICONIC offensive line as a group. Its a travesty the NFL pays no homage to the most famous 5 men to ever do battle together in the trenches as our Hogs did. The Hogs weren't just a great O line that won us a Superbowl they were bigger than that, they were part of NFL history

You know what's funny?  I was just doing a search talking about guys in the HOF and I stumbled on an article by the Sporting News from two years ago talking about each teams biggest snubs for not being in the HOF?  For Chicago, their top choice was Jay Hilgenberg, a center from the same line as Covert, and their second choice was Olin Kruetz.  So even other sports writers didn't see Covert as a guy who was a blatant choice for the Hall

2 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Peter King

If Tom Brady played is 18 years on the Redskins King still wouldn't vote him in. 

He's that bitter

Curious as to what Kings bitter over? Ive seen it mentioned before. I know he went all in over the Name thing but I guess I missed something along the way. I just assumed he was naturally a tool lol.

I've said this before, but it's entirely stupid that Joe Jacoby isn't in the HOF. He should have been in long ago for two reasons. First, he's a damn good player and was a major part of a Superbowl winning unit that was not only famous, but the only largely consistent unit during that stretch where the 'skins went to four Superbowls and won three. The factor outside of his play may be even more important though. 

Joe Jacoby changed the game. He became the new archetype for what front offices wanted to see in an offensive tackle. He was the first huge lineman. He was the dawn of the mobile three hundred pounders. One of the reasons, our offensive linemen were called Hogs was because they were bigger than everyone else. The rest of the league utilized linemen in the 250's, 260's. Heck, even for us, Joe Bostic was in that range. Jacoby changed what an offensive lineman looked like. He changed what the tackles in the NFL looked like and what was expected of them. 

So, Joe should be in not only because he was damn good (and he was), but because he changed the game and helped it to evolve. Joe Jacoby changed the game. He changed the game on the defensive side, too. Defensive tackles were fifty pounds lighter back then, too.

Archived