Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Covert over Joe Jacoby

rdskn4eva

One of the 'points' about HOF guidelines is the player being a 'game changer' or having a big impact on the league.

He certainly checked that box!

It also started the trend for o-linemen being bigger, less movable, and he was ahead of the curve on that, as was Joe Bugel and Gibbs, recognizing the talent of this gentle giant.

Around 3 years later, we began to hear about huge offensive linemen on different teams; hec, how do you think the Cowboys won their SBs in the 90's? They took a page from the Redskins o-line. The 'Frig' with da Bears in their SB year was a massive gelatinous blob used in certain offensive line formations during the year.

One little other nugget of info that absolutely cements the genius of our coaching staff; during the Redskins record setting 91' SB season, the o-line was the 3rd lightest IN THE ENTIRE NFL !!!  It just goes to show what a quality coaching staff can do for a team.

10 hours ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Peter King

If Tom Brady played is 18 years on the Redskins King still wouldn't vote him in. 

He's that bitter

He wrote a column last year about how Joe Theismann had no business holding on to #7, because he wasn't that special (nevermind that he won a league MVP and a SB) because he was only a game manager, but...he has also said that Phil Simms deserves to be in the HoF.🤣

14 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yet all we see on BSPN and other websites is how horrific it is that Drew Pearson didn't get in, but Carmichael did.

Nobody even brings up Gary Clark, who had better stats than both and pretty much the same as Michael Irvin's stats despite playing more in the 80's not much in the 90's.

I've always argued if Irvin is in, Clark should be in.  But he has 0.00% chance,which is a joke.

Peter King is a hater, it does not matter if its HOF voting or anything else Redskins related. He will always hate us and do everything in his power to destroy our franchise. To which Dan Snyder said, "hold my coors light"

But seriously, King has basically admitted that he cannot be impartial; therefore he needs to be removed from the committee.  

He's also joined forces with Bob Costas, UnWise Mike, Mike FLorio, and the other woke white folk about the team name. Which again, goes to show he cannot be impartial. 

Time to go Peter, time to head back to New England or whatever hole you came from. 

On 1/15/2020 at 12:13 PM, rdskn4eva said:

Im trying to understand how Covert goes into the Hall before Jacoby?

From Wiki

Covert

Jacoby

Can someone please explain how Jacoby keeps getting snubbed??

One of the biggest chips that Jacoby has on his resume' that no player will ever duplicate is that he blocked for 3 different SB winning QB's with 3 different feature running backs. None of the QB's is in the HOF and only one of the RB's is. Also, the Super Bowl rushing record was twice set and still held by the HOGS of which Jacoby was one of the top 2 players on that line. His omission is totally ridiculous. The Hogs are arguably the most famous and greatest offensive line ever....They were also trend setting in many ways because of how big they all were. I would also argue that Joe Bugel belongs in the HOF as the coach of the Hogs. 

I hate the Pro football HOF for omissions like these. There are other Redskins from our Super Bowl years that our snubs too (Gary Clark).

Jacoby had to block against Reggie White, Randy White and L.T. and he won 4 NFC Championship games.....He belongs over Covert for sure.

Not to mention that Jacoby had a ring the year before Covert was drafted and then got another one after Covert was retired.

Dude didn't play long enough and didn't dominate like Boselli in the few years he did play.

In fact, if Covert was drafted by the Redskins in 83 he wouldn't even be mentioned for the HOF because they would say that the Redskins won 3 of 4 over a decade and he was only a factor in 1 single SB.

Why is the media make up so much of the voting body, the media is biased and judgemental and quite frankly they have no business having a vote or at least not the majority of the votes as they do now.

Media guys crack me up, they think they become NFL experts by osmosis, it doesn't work that way.

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

Not to mention that Jacoby had a ring the year before Covert was drafted and then got another one after Covert was retired.

Dude didn't play long enough and didn't dominate like Boselli in the few years he did play.

In fact, if Covert was drafted by the Redskins in 83 he wouldn't even be mentioned for the HOF because they would say that the Redskins won 3 of 4 over a decade and he was only a factor in 1 single SB.

Wow, this seals it. Hall of Sham.....

11 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

He wrote a column last year about how Joe Theismann had no business holding on to #7, because he wasn't that special (nevermind that he won a league MVP and a SB) because he was only a game manager, but...he has also said that Phil Simms deserves to be in the HoF.🤣

Ok, Phil Sims is not a game changer... but he is a Channel Changer... as in, everytime I hear him on TV I find another channel.

I wonder how many Redskins would have made the HOF if they not partied so hard and had won SB XVIII. If would have capped off their best season and made them repeat winners. Assuming they went on and still won XXII and XXVI they would have been considered a great dynasty. 

I think Jacoby, Butz, Manley, Theismann, and Mosley would all be in. Probably some others too

3 minutes ago, Wayne_Millner said:

I wonder how many Redskins would have made the HOF if they not partied so hard and had won SB XVIII. If would have capped off their best season and made them repeat winners. Assuming they went on and still won XXII and XXVI they would have been considered a great dynasty. 

I think Jacoby, Butz, Manley, Theismann, and Mosley would all be in. Probably some others too

Pretty disgraceful to think Mosley isn't in, He was the first kicker in the modern era to ever win league MVP for christ sake ! Same with Joe T , Just a disgrace

Archived