Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

In North Dakota, where cases have increased 60 percent in the past month, Republican Gov. Doug Burgum said that the state’s hospitals are at capacity and are so strained that the state will allow its doctors and nurses to continue working after they test positive for the coronavirus. 

Well the hospital where my wife works opened that overflow in the parking garage,(along with 2 other locations). They already raided night shift for people to work in them. Here's a story about the parking garage. 

https://www.rgj.com/story/news/2020/04/14/coronavirus-news-nevada-reno-renown-parking-garage-turned-facility-covid-19-patients/2993395001/

590908ae-33e2-4c74-8874-2c668142ad75-Ren

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, China said:

FYI, if you look at the trends, the numbers always drop off on the weekends (I assume it's a reporting thing due to lower staffing on weekends).  The 15th is a Sunday.  The numbers will still lag on Monday due to weekend reporting and then jump on Tuesday the 17th.  So in all likelihood the earliest the 200K mark will hit will be Tuesday the 17th.

Thank you. I honestly didn't think to consider the timing and trends of reporting (and tuesday jumps). I certainly agree with you now.

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Edit:  And I still don't know how to post a tweet correctly. 

I'm 46 years old, and there's still one thing I haven't understood about human being.

When they're given as much freedom as they want to do whatever they want.

Why do they often come with the choice of being stupid and spread stupidity around them?

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

So, what are we to make of these announcements?  They've lied to us so many times before about vaccines.

The vaccines look promising but there will be some challenges regarding distribution. A small percentage of people will begin getting vaccinated by the end of the year. It will be widely available in April or May. Coronavirus will still be a thing this time next year but not nearly as devastating.

We are going to have four or five really horrible months and then things will start to get a whole lot better.