Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

16 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

no gutter just right down the middle with relentless power. every. time.

You hear that ladies?

Actually, you can get a much more effective shot to the pocket with a little spin and pace modulation.

Its tricky tho.  Depends on how slick the lanes are.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I wonder if they just pick an earnings threshold and distribute those checks to anyone under it. I'm assuming rich folks won't be getting them..

Ya, Trump and Mnuchin jus confirmed that.

Thinking of when I got my Bush check during the recession, wasnt it dependent on folks filing first?  So many of get our refunds deposited into our bank, can federal do something similar where instead of a check it's a $1000 deposit based on 2019 AGI?

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I wonder if they just pick an earnings threshold and distribute those checks to anyone under it. I'm assuming rich folks won't be getting them..

Saw Rep Joe Kennedy proposed one time $4k per adult making under $100k and $2k per adult making over $100k. 

The problem with income breakdowns is it takes time to bicker over. We don’t have the luxury of time to get money in people’s hands. 

My wife and I talked about donating ours (or at least a portion of it) to our son’s small community school, which is currently shut down and may remain so into next school year. If we get more than we need we’ll make sure we turn it around to help others. 

• Like 2

My apartment complex handed out their handling of business for the foreseeable future. Appoints only for service and tenant applications/visits. They have a dropbox for rent deposits. I am glad that they were proactive. 

since the Feds have been slow to figure out how to protect humans and only profits/share values, state and local governments are stepping up, thank goodness. Except for states with Republican government, they are still slow to respond, they are following the inadequate Feds. 

This press conference is better then other ones, but also last warning to Young folks.  I would not be shocked if Trump started changing the guidelines to mandatory if folks still don't get it. 

But so much of that was his fault for underselling it, multiple times, one press conference isn't enough to make up for that.

There's that weak federal government again, "states gonna do what they want. They jus guidelines, fam" : /

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This press conference is better then oghwt ones, but also last warning yo Young folks.  I would not be shocked if Trump started changing the guidelines to mandatory if folks still dont get it.  But so much if that was his fault for underselling it, multiple times, one press conference isnt enough to make up for that.

I'm assuming you've been posting from your phone a lot lately.  Turn on spell check or something. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

So now the Liar-in-Chief felt it was a pandemic looong before other people did. It's amazing that his base cult is so mentally deficient that he knows he can get away with this kind of nonsense.

We have video of him saying it was less than flu and that the 15 cases would soon be zero, and that’s just the beginning.  He screwed up and did so in front of the cameras.  All the right wings loonies calling it a hoax were just following his lead.  

This won’t matter to his cultists, but the rest of the public knows what he did and how this played out.  This wasn’t a political debate people just refused to watch.  There’s no hiding from it.  

• Like 4

Go Jyna! The Uyghur genocide is awful and I hate them for that. However, they should have been doing this from the beginning, big time. OTOH, the argument could be made to let him screw up for three years and then pour it on in the runup to the election.

Edited by The Sisko

Looking over and watching my wife sleep. Trump and his merry band of not practicing physical distancing .......people are on in the background. I've tuned them out. There's not much they are going to say that interests me or I can even trust. Especially Trump. He's scrambling to try to save face and improve his reelection chances.  My wife and I have had some very long and direct talks recently and last night,we agreed she should pack an overnight,(in this case many nights),bag just in case. Hospital is really ramping things up and their new visitor policy is being aggressively enforced. As in they aren't taking any **** from people and damn the low patient reviews thing. The Mayor of Reno just came out with a non-essential business closure order in the city,(and had to defend that action btw).

https://www.nnbw.com/news/city-of-reno-orders-non-essential-businesses-to-close-schieve-defends-decision/

She also had to walk it back a little. Gaming operations can continue ect.  Neighboring city of Sparks isn't playing yet and as of now,to my knowledge,Carson City and where I liver aren't either.   What got my attention,was this from the article about it.  

Going into a press conference Monday afternoon, Reno Mayor Hillary Schieve intended on requesting all non-essential businesses — mainly bars, restaurants and gyms — begin preparing to close on Tuesday in an effort to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus.

But shortly before the press conference, Schieve received information from the Washoe County Health District that led her to believe the district favored mitigation measures with more urgency.

I believe,based on the above,that behind the scenes,they at least strongly suspect there's a wave coming.  It may be already starting. I'm talking out of my ass and out of a little fear for my wife and those she works with,but without a lot of testing being done,there's now way to really track how much of it is out there but they know it's out there and spreading. Places like this,unlike New York,won't see it coming until the wave has already started crashing on them. Talked to a young friend of mine last night at work. He was a bit tired because he had to take his mom to the ER at a local hospital. Poor thing is in declining health and is suffering seizures. He said it was insane at this hospital in Carson CIty. ER was packed and busy. Sick people all around and talk amongst caregivers that they were short handed.  This was at 4 a.m. Monday.  Could be just one of those times,(Lord knows we had days and nights like that when I worked in the base ER all those years ago),but that got my attention. Big time.  I'm hoping this is just a bunch of built up. We'll see. 

• Sad 3

Wondering why China would be kicking NYT et al. out.  

Kinda thought that the "liberal media" was pointing at China as evidence that, while their actions were dictatorial, they were the only place where it's worked.  

Edited by Larry

From two days ago.

Just now, Larry said:

Wondering why they'd be kicking them out.  

Kinda thought that the "liberal media" was pointing at China as evidence that, while their actions were dictatorial, they were the only place where it's worked.  

As the only thing close to a free press in China, they were also pointing out that China initially censored initial reports of COVID-19 and allowed it to explode throughout Wuhan. The Chinese government has been using its ambassadors to spread disinformation about the COVID-19 being a US Army bioweapon project to cover up their own mistakes.

There's no good end to this.