Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

2 hours ago, spjunkies said:

Am I alone in thinking that we should properly supply hospitals before attempting to buy off citizens with $1,000?

The issue isn't as much money as it is a lack of manufacturing capacity here in the U.S. and not having stockpiled as many as should have been been before the incident began. China controls a lot of the raw materials so in true Tя☭mp fashion, were I them, I'd tell us that in keeping with Tя☭mp's own earlier instructions, we're following a China first policy and that the US would be getting neither diddly nor squat.

Here in Wisconsin, Gov Evers issued schools closed indefinitely last Friday. Today ordered all bars and restaurants closed, except for take out. On a selfish note, the weather is on the chillier side, but this is some of the best bicycle riding time I have ever had. Hardly anyone on the paths or trails. Cars are sparse, it is very eerie out there.

• Like 1

We don't have to pay our taxes now for another three months?

"Mnuchin added that if individuals or corporations owe money to the Internal Revenue Service after filing their taxes, those payments now are able to be deferred for up to 90 days interest-free.

“If you owe a payment to the IRS, you can defer up to $1 million as an individual, and $10 million to corporations, interest-free and penalty-free for 90 days,” Mnuchin continued. “File your taxes, you’ll automatically not get charged interests or penalties.”

18 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

"Mnuchin added that if individuals or corporations owe money to the Internal Revenue Service after filing their taxes, those payments now are able to be deferred for up to 90 days interest-free.

“If you owe a payment to the IRS, you can defer up to $1 million as an individual, and $10 million to corporations, interest-free and penalty-free for 90 days,” Mnuchin continued. “File your taxes, you’ll automatically not get charged interests or penalties.”

Are you sure about this? Did you check to see if this Mnuchin had a beard?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

My question is whether this applies to quarterly estimated taxes for 2020 as well or not.  I would assume so, but I haven't seen anything that says one way or another explicitly.