Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

6 minutes ago, skinsfan999 said:

My question is whether this applies to quarterly estimated taxes for 2020 as well or not.  I would assume so, but I haven't seen anything that says one way or another explicitly.

probably just the last quarter

4 hours ago, ShredSkins said:

I wonder if they do a stimulus check if Student Loans get them first again if you are defaulted.  

That would kinda defeat the purpose. *DUH* Of course they'll snag the money before it gets to the people it was intended to help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Sisko said:

That would kinda defeat the purpose. *DUH* Of course they'll snag the money before it gets to the people it was intended to help.

I think you mean "the people they intend NOT to help".  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, skinsfan999 said:

My question is whether this applies to quarterly estimated taxes for 2020 as well or not.  I would assume so, but I haven't seen anything that says one way or another explicitly.

Right now they are silent on it, which means the proper assumption would be that it does not.  Obviously this is a fluid situation so it could all change.  But given that estimated taxes perform similar role to payroll withholding, it looks like that's not where the government is looking to for providing relief. 

Ultimately if there is no change, whether holding on to that money makes sense depends on how much you need that liquidity vs the 0.5% per month interest.  There's also a reasonable cause waiver that may apply depending on how severely the covid shutdown is hitting your finances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

BRING OUT YOUR BREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. Except for raisin bread and white bread. Don't bring that out.

v3j4nwV.jpgAW4OHmG.jpg

I went to two grocery stores after work today since I got back from vacation yesterday.  First one was a Giant and it was kind of surreal seeing how empty the aisles were.  I did get a bunch of frozen pizzas though and some sodas for the captain morgan to be mixed with that I got.  I also got OJ.  The only meat they had was like some sausages.

Then I hit up the Safeway on my way home right by my house and was shocked at how much they had.  I got bread no problems.  They had a bunch of eggs.  I got more frozen chicken nuggets, some eggos, and they had more pizzas there than the Giant.  Then in the meat section I got some pork chops and a skirt steak, and then 4 1lb ground turkey packages.  They were all out of chicken though.  I got a bunch of mangos and oranges as well.  They did not have much lettuce but I did get some prepackaged stuff.  Oh and I got 3 more packs of spaghetti as well as sauce.

9 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Right now they are silent on it, which means the proper assumption would be that it does not.  Obviously this is a fluid situation so it could all change.  But given that estimated taxes perform similar role to payroll withholding, it looks like that's not where the government is looking to for providing relief. 

Ultimately if there is no change, whether holding on to that money makes sense depends on how much you need that liquidity vs the 0.5% per month interest.  There's also a reasonable cause waiver that may apply depending on how severely the covid shutdown is hitting your finances.

That would make sense, thanks. I'm not directly impacted by the shutdowns (yet), but I have some family very affected and may need some financial assistance so we're weighing options at the moment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Am I the only one getting frustrated with how many rich people doing just fine are getting these tests no problem?

I’ll play devils advocate here...they’re getting the results back faster, not necessarily getting tested faster.

I could be wrong...

Trump initially underplayed the threat of the novel coronavirus, and that appears to have affected how seriously some Americans, particularly Republicans, are taking the threat of the highly contagious virus.

Just 40% of Republicans now say it is a real threat, down from 72% in February. A majority of Republicans (54%) said they think it has been blown out of proportion, more than double what it was in February (23%).

But it's not just Republicans. Half of independents see it as a real threat, down from two-thirds in February. Democrats, on the other hand, have gone the opposite direction — 70% in February said it was a real threat, and now it's 76%.

Edited by FanboyOf91

21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Two people have mentioned chloroquine as a possible treatment.  

I follow a lot of biotechs.  One of the docs that I highly respect brought this up a couple weeks ago.  Today I see he's really starting to bang this drum, after some more articles have been surfacing regarding it's efficacy.

I told my brother to look into grabbing some Plaquenil.  It's cheap.  I looked into getting some from Canada, but not sure if it would make it down here with all the madness going on right now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I think the organization paid for the whole team to be tested. 

They need to pay for some nursing homes, instead.

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’ll play devils advocate here...they’re getting the results back faster, not necessarily getting tested faster.

I could be wrong...

I get that, I'm thinking about folks getting tested at all versus folks getting tested at all.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

They need to pay for some nursing homes, instead.

I get that, I'm thinking about folks getting tested at all versus folks getting tested at all.

Not sure if they own any nursing homes, but I'm sure they would be willing to pay of that's the case. 

• Confused 1