Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I don’t think full immunity is clear scientifically in anyway in regards to this virus. The whole thing is TBD. Maybe I’ve missed the news but I thought the whole thing is still up in the air. To argue That there is a clear answer yet for this virus is not supported by the data. If it has been reported I’d appreciate seeing it, because I’ve missed it. My understanding of what is out there is that we don’t know yet.

There are a lot of peer reviewed studies on the immune response to the virus that show people generate antibodies that have a strong response to the virus. 

Here is a review article that summarizes several publications on identified immune responses in recovered patients: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.14.20065771v1.full.pdf

The Vox article is being widely slammed across the scientific community because it’s completely inaccurate in how it portrays the story of the virus and the immune response people generate/herd immunity.

https://mobile.twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1282813721186840576

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

@No Excuses Thank you for sharing this really appreciate it. Very interesting. From what I’m understanding, and I am no scientist so please correct me if I’ve err’ed, I think my comment above is supported by this document. Although research in other coronavirus’ suggests it may be so, we still Do not know with any degree of certainty that will be the case with this particular Virus. TBD.

“The duration and nature of immunity generated in response to SARS-CoV-2 infection is unknown.“

“Finally, we note that the best evidence for immune responses to SARS-CoV-2 will come from studies of the virus itself. Such studies are being performed and reported with unprecedented speed, but in the absence of firm evidence many are turning to the existing coronaviruses as a model. To that end we have produced this review to aid researchers in understanding the scope of the evidence for immune responses to these coronaviruses.“

@Mr. Sinister the virus is raging down here. My employee got sick yesterday and had to leave the warehouse and not finish his day. Body aches, exhaustion, fever, couldn’t get through 2 hours in the hot af warehouse. I had to come in to make sure our shipments went out. I wore a mask, gloves, and goggles, LysolEd the hell out of it and wipe down everything after letting it sit still for 15 min. Worked a few hours inside the HQ with the bay and doors open. Now I’m not feeling so great today, ugh. Hope it’s mental and not the virus. Fingers crossed. Smh. 

• Sad 12

3 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

@Mr. Sinister the virus is raging down here. My employee got sick yesterday and had to leave the warehouse and not finish his day. Body aches, exhaustion, fever, couldn’t get through 2 hours in the hot af warehouse. I had to come in to make sure our shipments went out. I wore a mask, gloves, and goggles, LysolEd the hell out of it and wipe down everything after letting it sit still for 15 min. Worked a few hours inside the HQ with the bay and doors open. Now I’m not feeling so great today, ugh. Hope it’s mental and not the virus. Fingers crossed. Smh. 

I hope so too. Good luck. Yeah, my mom's side of the family is from Miami. I grew up in Hialeah before my dad got a job at the Pentagon and moved us here back in '95.

It's awful. My Cousin on my dads side already died from this. Been trying to stay positive, knowing how at risk some of my older family members are down there in that insanity. Just trying to remain hopeful, as best I can

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

38 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

My daughter just brought me some groceries. She says that she's worked the last few days on the loading dock receiving goods. It's been 100° and over since last week. She's tired. Barely sees her daughter, I haven't seen her in months. She wore her mask here. I feel bad because these stupid governors are putting We the People at risk every day. I'm feeling quite sad right now.

Update:

She also told me that she discussed with Olive's father that they will not send her to school. There are free home school options and that's what they'll do. Was glad to hear that!

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

My daughter just brought me some groceries. She says that she's worked the last few days on the loading dock receiving goods. It's been 100° and over since last week. She's tired. Barely sees her daughter, I haven't seen her in months. She wore her mask here. I feel bad because these stupid governors are putting We the People at risk every day. I'm feeling quite sad right now.

Update:

She also told me that she discussed with Olive's father that they will not send her to school. There are free home school options and that's what they'll do. Was glad to hear that!

Give the girls my best, sad that Olive will miss chorus, but I agree with you all...it's scary out there. 😥

• Like 1

Latest in the ongoing war on information and truth: beginning tomorrow all hospital data on Covid 19 will bypass the CDC (Faucci) and go directly to HHS presumably  where more malleable political appointees and soulless drones can analyze, sanitize, and in some cases trivialize it before it’s disseminated to the public. 

I keep waiting for Rod Serling to give the epitaph to this surreal nightmare episode but it just keeps going on an on and I can’t change the channel.

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

I keep waiting for Rod Serling to give the epitaph to this surreal nightmare episode but it just keeps going on an on and I can’t change the channel.

Damn...that is more profound than it seems at first read. 

23 minutes ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

• Like 2

Fourth of July parties lead to new cases of COVID-19 in New York, governor says

Independence Day parties over the Fourth of July weekend lead to new cases of COVID-19, says Gov. Andrew Cuomo.

Cuomo says that the state's contact tracing efforts for new cases of the virus found that 35 percent of people who attended a Fourth of July weekend party in Suffolk County - or more than 1/3 of the entire party - became infected with COVID-19.

Locally, Onondaga County Executive Ryan McMahon said over the weekend that two people who were at a popular hangout at Skaneateles Lake on the holiday had tested positive for the virus, warning everyone that was there to get tested.

"It's clear based on contact tracing that many of the new cases in New York are a result of a lack of compliance during the July 4 weekend and illustrate how quickly the virus spreads, with one party, for example, infecting more than a third of attendees," Governor Cuomo continued. "I cannot be more clear: Look at what's happening in the rest of the country — if we are not smart, if we don't wear masks and socially distance, cases will spike. No one wants to go back to the hell we experienced three months ago, so please stay vigilant."

Click on the link for the full article

Edited by China
  • Sad 1

Cuomo will fine Floridians and other visitors for Covid-19 violations

Visitors to New York from states where Covid-19 infections are on the rise could face a $2,000 fine if they fail to provide information about where they plan to quarantine for two weeks, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday.

In a tweet posted Monday afternoon, Cuomo wrote that out-of-state visitors from “high COVID states” must provide contact information when they arrive in New York.

“If you fail to provide it, you will receive a summons with a $2k fine,” Cuomo wrote in the tweet. “We’re serious about enforcing quarantine.”

Gov. Ron DeSantis had issued a similar quarantine order in March when New York was a hot spot for the virus. But a resurgence of infections that began in June has turned the tables on Florida, which now ranks among the country's worst-hit states.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First COVID-19 vaccine tested in the US shows promising immune response ahead of large trial

A COVID-19 vaccine tested on 45 healthy adults in March by the National Institutes of Health and Moderna Inc. found an encouraging immune system boost response from the participants, the researchers reported in the New England Journal of Medicine. The Phase 1 test paves the way for a larger trial of the experimental vaccine on 30,000 people, due to begin around July 27. Dr Anthony Fauci, the US government's top infectious disease expert, said, "No matter how you slice this, this is good news."

https://twitter.com/i/events/1283184709598457857

• Like 1

Weekend party at Torch Lake sandbar leads to coronavirus outbreak

Anyone who attended a Fourth of July party at Torch Lake Sandbar over the holiday weekend is being asked to monitor themselves for symptoms after several attendees tested positive. 

395a677e-c895-49a8-8588-6cacd93b86db-Jul

The state health department is asking anyone who attended the party in Antrim County to monitor themselves for symptoms and seek testing if symptoms develop and self-quarantine.