Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That answers my lingering question - what a guy like Mr V, has to do, or not do, to get cut immediately before TC starts ?

Especially considering he plays a position we're weak at, and has veteran experience.

But still, figured he could make the Top 80.

He must have shown up, out of shape

Too many letters on his jersey. Gotta cut back now.

On 7/26/2020 at 3:07 PM, Malapropismic Depository said:

Has a player ever missed an entire season, wholly due to a concussion ?

Been wondering how much of that was due to his actual condition, and how much was due to an extreme over-abundance of caution, that the team just didn't want to take the chance on putting him on the field in 2019.

Reed would be a perfect fit for the Niners.  He already knows Shanny's system and he would simply be a bonus receiver for them since they already have the TE position held down.

13 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is painful below as to Preston, some years we get no players in the top 100.  Guessing we get one this time, McLaurin.

It was reported that only 4 rookies made it this year. Since Kyler Murray, Josh Jacobs and DK Metcalf (lol) all made it, there is only one spot left. And that is 100% Nick Bosa.

If Scherff doesn't make it, and I doubt he'll be in the top 40, we won't have anyone this year.

40 minutes ago, Panninho said:

It was reported that only 4 rookies made it this year. Since Kyler Murray, Josh Jacobs and DK Metcalf (lol) all made it, there is only one spot left. And that is 100% Nick Bosa.

If Scherff doesn't make it, and I doubt he'll be in the top 40, we won't have anyone this year.

That's crazy.  I am ok with Metcalf but McLaurin IMO was better.

19 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

our coaching was so freaking bad. Have a player like that and almost ruin his career. Must be really frustrating as a player. No wonder they're all excited now.

I was one of the Gregg Williams defenders here.  Some thought the dude was overrated.  But to me I loved the attitude he coached with, exotic blitzes at times, etc.  To some he wasn't aggressive enough but I thought he was plenty aggressive and innovative.  I recall that do or die game against Minny when they were marching towards the playoffs and they had to stop Adrian Peterson on the road and they came out with the old fashioned Bears 4 LB defense and stifled the guy.  He'd use the secondary on blitzes and Springs led them one year in sacks and he arguably never had a top pass rusher while here. 

One of the beat guys said last week he heard that Manusky got more inventive after the Jets game when he saw how Gregg used his guys on stunts and moved people around and by doing so they stymied the Redskins offense.    I recall seeing that and posted some clips of our defense finally being inventive by using funky formations.  The irony to me was hearing that it was Gregg that woke up Manusky to that idea. 

Jets had a top 10 defense last year.  Gregg inherited a crap defense here and also turned it top 10.  Yeah that dude wasn't perfect and they did have an atrocious year in the mx on defense but by and large they were good.

It was rare to have a big name defensive coordinator here.  And ever since, we've not had a big name defensive coordinator again aside from arguably now with Del Rio.   Shanny came here and true to form eventually transformed the offense from bad to good and conversely transformed the defense from good to bad.  Neither Shanny or Jay seemed to put a premium on having a big name D coordinator and seemed to prefer to have a dude that didn't rock the boat.  

The Washington Football Team has signed former #Titans guard Kevin Pamphile to add depth on their offensive line, source said. He has passed a physical and will be in the building.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kevin Serge Pamphile (born November 27, 1990) is an American football offensive guard who is currently an free agent. He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft. He played college football at Purdue.

6'5, 310

We also signed LB Donald Payne. Donald Payne (born July 12, 1994) is an American football linebacker who is currently a free agent. He was originally signed by the Baltimore Ravens as an undrafted free agent after the 2017 NFL Draft. He played college football at Stetson, and became the first player from Stetson to play in the NFL.

5'11, 217

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

I saw Larry Warford "opted out" yesterday.  I was kinda hoping we'd be in the mix and find a way to have Scherff and Warford at guard.

Me too. Interesting, didn’t see that news. We might have Warford at G instead of Scherff next year......

Rivera brought up the CB group in his media session. Wanting to take a good look at what we’ve got. Still hopeful that Logan Ryan will get a look eventually.

Warford was basically just telling teams to leave him alone lol, he's not on a roster so he can't opt out of anything officially and he's not eligible for the payouts etc. He was just saying "stop calling" for all intents and purposes.

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

Didn't AB just retire...again?

As soon as he un-retires and then signs with a team, the league is going to suspend him.  Let that person be some other teams headache.

On 7/28/2020 at 11:21 AM, Skinsinparadise said:

I was one of the Gregg Williams defenders here.  Some thought the dude was overrated.  But to me I loved the attitude he coached with, exotic blitzes at times, etc.  To some he wasn't aggressive enough but I thought he was plenty aggressive and innovative.  I recall that do or die game against Minny when they were marching towards the playoffs and they had to stop Adrian Peterson on the road and they came out with the old fashioned Bears 4 LB defense and stifled the guy.  He'd use the secondary on blitzes and Springs led them one year in sacks and he arguably never had a top pass rusher while here. 

One of the beat guys said last week he heard that Manusky got more inventive after the Jets game when he saw how Gregg used his guys on stunts and moved people around and by doing so they stymied the Redskins offense.    I recall seeing that and posted some clips of our defense finally being inventive by using funky formations.  The irony to me was hearing that it was Gregg that woke up Manusky to that idea. 

Jets had a top 10 defense last year.  Gregg inherited a crap defense here and also turned it top 10.  Yeah that dude wasn't perfect and they did have an atrocious year in the mx on defense but by and large they were good.

It was rare to have a big name defensive coordinator here.  And ever since, we've not had a big name defensive coordinator again aside from arguably now with Del Rio.   Shanny came here and true to form eventually transformed the offense from bad to good and conversely transformed the defense from good to bad.  Neither Shanny or Jay seemed to put a premium on having a big name D coordinator and seemed to prefer to have a dude that didn't rock the boat.  

Our 2003 defense is my all time fave. I was amazed by how Gregg did so much with so little. ST21 was a rook, Ryan Clark made the team after mistakenly being told he was cut, Shawn Springs’ career was resurrected (led the team in sacks that year), Antonio Pierce came out of nowhere to become a Pro Bowl caliber ILB, Marcus Washington / Cornelius Griffin turned out to be FA steals & Joe Salave’a was a good NT. Gregg had to get creative w blitzing because Phillip Daniels / Renaldo Wynn was one of the worst pass rushing edge combos out there (both were great run stuffers though)

It is precisely the type of unit that would’ve been ranked 30 or 31 under Manusky

On 7/26/2020 at 7:52 PM, PartyPosse said:

Too many letters on his jersey. Gotta cut back now.

He didn't necessarily do anything.  This is a crazy year.  Normally you have a 90 man roster for camp.  But just a couple days ago they voted on all the Covid  Procedures.  You can't have a 90 man roster now.  They chopped it to 80.  So the Redskins had 85 guys signed or so.  They put a couple on PUP Alex and Rueben, NFLExempt for Cody Latimer, cut two(vujnovich and hall), and now you are at 80 guys.  Wasn't so much what they had or hadn't done, they just got caught in a numbers game that wasn't decided until 3-4 days ago.  And you can have a 90 man roster but you have to split them into two distinct groups and keep them seperate.  So now two groups of 45.  Two sets up meetings etc.  It just isn't really feasible.  So they cut to 80 and move on.  It's a shame that Jeremy Vujnovich didn't get a chance, and that Emanual Hall tore his Achilles.  But that is sports and we move on.  

15 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Washington has claimed cornerback Ryan Lewis off waivers, the team announced Thursday.

The Dolphins waived Lewis on Wednesday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/07/30/washington-claims-cornerback-ryan-lewis/

I hope he wasn't hangin around any Miami Marlins' players while in Miami with the Fins.

Archived