Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Staff thread: Now complete OP edited 1/15/20

Burgold

14 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Maybe so. I can't imagine Kyle Shanahan ever coming back here.

^Shanahan is a totally different situation altogether, for a gazillion reasons. But one of the simplest being that Kyle actually worked for Dan firsthand and Scott has not ... not yet at least.

You said Family. The whole lot. From Norv, to Aunt Bee, cousin buckwheat and son Scott. 

Go ask Norv what he thinks of Dan.

That's probably the reason why Norv is not Ron's OC, despite being Ron's OC for 2018 and 2019, and Scott is.

You seriously think that a 37 year old who's "never been" an offensive coordinator outright on their own is going to turn that opportunity down? 

If you do that, you may never get another chance again. 

I think it speaks more toward Scott Turner seeing this as a job on Ron Rivera's staff and opportunity to further his career and less, much less, an absolution of Dan Snyder.

I think if I got the inside scuttlebutt that a certain organization was absolutely poisonous and toxic and I would be nothing but miserable the whole time... yeah, I would not accept the gig. Even if it were a huge opportunity.

In fact, I've done so.

Anywho, it was a light observation. You might be right. It might have no baring on Norv Turner's history with Snyder. His son might not have even asked him about it.

On the offensive side, who knows? Football geeks outside of DC seem to love young Turner. Those inside DC love handsome KOC. In the end, no one really knows much of anything. 

On the defensive side, how can you not be pumped? At the very least I think we'll be able to stop teams on 3rd and forever, which sadly is a massive step-up.

7 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

Won't really matter. Mike Nolan is as Vanilla as Greg Manusky so I don't expect much from their defense even with Tomsula. 

Honestly with the pedigree and talent of our DL you could really argue they underperformed under Tomsula, strangely. 

38 minutes ago, dyst said:

Meh. Good coach for sure but time for something different 

I agree, but hes gonna do some work with that d line. Im not upset that we didnt retaih him 

20 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Honestly with the pedigree and talent of our DL you could really argue they underperformed under Tomsula, strangely. 

I think that was a schematic flaw from Manusky more than a developmental issue with Tomsula

Just now, Burgold said:

I'm seeing this reported in a few places, but can't seem to find what position he's being hired for. Do you know? Would like to keep the OP up to date.

No idea.  I know he was an assistant LB coach with the Raiders a few years ago, and the Safeties coach more recently.  He has ties to JDR.

1 minute ago, OVCChairman said:

Id have a hard time classifying Demarcus Lawrence and Robert Quinn as JAGS

For a Defense that rushes the QB every single snap to have less sacks than what they have produced are jags..

11 minutes ago, bh32 said:

For a Defense that rushes the QB every single snap to have less sacks than what they have produced are jags..

Quinn had 11.5 sacks this year

Lawrence has 14.5 sacks in 2017 and 10.5 in 2018.   Add the 5 from this year and thats 30 sacks in 3 years...

🤮🤮🤮 i cant believe im talking about the cowboys like this. 

2 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Lawrence has 14.5 sacks in 2017 and 10.5 in 2018.   Add the 5 from this year and thats 30 sacks in 3 years...

yet they allowed QB's to complete 65 percent of their passes with a qb rating of 91 and thats not counting their pathetic 39 sacks for a defense that plays a 1 gap rush the passer on every single play..

6 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Kerrigan had 13.5 last year while dropping into coverage just about half the time,yet people say he is just average and hype up Dallas .

Archived