Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Coaching Staff thread: Now complete OP edited 1/15/20

Burgold

20 hours ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Agreed its no longer about a game anymore it feels like.

so what you did first in this thread was  make a clown post (not unusual for you over the years mr. no new threads) that you should have known wasn't fitting for the stadium... and then even after tk makes his post and i follow, your next choice is to quote one of the other problem posts (another rule violation on you) and then respond to it with a comment that is not about the team's possible reactions but about your "feels" as a result of the politics involved

for now, you can excuse yourself from this thread---do not post in it again or use the emoticons to react to posts in it either

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think Del Rio has built up a lot of good will with defensive players over the years. You would hope a simple apology for acting like an idiot would come soon.

But he can't hide from it. Not here. Not now.

But hide from what? That he leans right? Why does he need to apologize for that? That’s what I don’t understand. I don’t agree with his political beliefs but he’s allowed to think anyway he chooses so long as he’s not directly discriminating against any particular person or group because of race, religion etc. just being a supporter doesn’t make you that person. 

I’m sure he’s already spoken to some of his players in person if they had issues. He doesn’t need to cater to anyone, especially the Twitter circus, by offering some lame public apology.

23 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I was sure i had been kicked out of ES earlier today when it kept saying “community not available” 😂 glad it wasn’t just me!

I got quoted by Martin and TK and it kept saying the community was closed. I knew it wasn't close to the dumbest **** I've run my mouth about though.

23 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

@justice98 @PartyPosse @CjSuAvE22 did you guys see the Mod directive above you ?

I blame @Burgold for all this mess. He started the thread....jk 😉

He gets pretty crazy sometimes. Burgold is a real wild card.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think Del Rio has built up a lot of good will with defensive players over the years. You would hope a simple apology for acting like an idiot would come soon.

But he can't hide from it. Not here. Not now.

I seriously doubt that it's a shock from anyone that JDR is like that. Players talk. He's also a bad ass DC and guys will love playing for him and overlook anything.

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

But hide from what? That he leans right? Why does he need to apologize for that? That’s what I don’t understand. I don’t agree with his political beliefs but he’s allowed to think anyway he chooses so long as he’s not directly discriminating against any particular person or group because of race, religion etc. just being a supporter doesn’t make you that person. 

I’m sure he’s already spoken to some of his players in person if they had issues. He doesn’t need to cater to anyone, especially the Twitter circus, by offering some lame public apology.

This isn't really that difficult,  yet you are the second person quiting me who seems to lack the capacity to grasp what's going on.

Jack Del Rio is the top ranking defensive coach for this team. The overwhelming majority of his players are black. Black people, and other minorities have been historically targeted by various entities (I will not discuss which, to keep this forum appropriate.

Sharing/endorsing racially charged rhetoric (rhetoric that has only one purpose to further divide us and incite further chaos, while claiming to be "100% for America" (which, um, is clearly not the case since we minorities are Americans too, and the people peddling the stuff he fell for in no way believe that to be true), then telling people who bring this to light, to kiss your ass, is so egregious that it honestly defies comprehension how he could be so mind numbingly dumb.

I'd be fine if he kept that kind of crap to himself, but when you are someone representing something bigger then yourself, you should know better. And for that, at bare minimum,  an apology is necessary.

But I get it, some people think others can say what they want, and face no repercussions (I mean it's completely and utter retardation to think that, but it never stops people from jumping on those hot coals).

He really can't.  And he will have to address it, because it's not going away. And if you still don't understand,  them please let's not waste each others time, and move on.

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

I seriously doubt that it's a shock from anyone that JDR is like that. Players talk. He's also a bad ass DC and guys will love playing for him and overlook anything.

That may have been true before. Now we're in a different time in our country's history. Emotional fires have been stoked in every direction, and its up to real leaders and real bad asses to put it out and bring people together, not be a dumbass and fan the flames

We are an organization in transition, trying to move away from this kind of public idiocy. If he is who everyone says/thinks he is, then he needs to at least attempt to try and smooth things over.

Or he could just double down :)

36 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

there seems to be a lot you don't understand, and there are fairly simple and clear responses to your questions---one example: for a great many people things have gone way beyond finding phrases like "leans right" as even remotely honest/accurate in capturing the issues at play---but that gets into politics quickly and you keep inviting others to take the same leap in replying

so you continue to not understand that you keep doing it

no one is going to get any time out from me on this, though i should give you one, i'm not going

but you are done in this thread for now

added:

i notice mr. sinister has typed out a reply but i am going elsewhere now and i am done with this for a bit, so hopefully people will keep in between the lines which have been laid out...if you are unsure of what's ok and not, then for ****'s sake post on another coach or take it to one of several appropriate threads in the tailgate...this is not rocket surgery

If this is all it is, it'll be fine.  However, if he keeps with the tweeting about stuff like that, we might hear of a clear-the-air meeting with the players or something along those lines.  The best thing was this was in June and not July or August.

20 minutes ago, justice98 said:

If this is all it is, it'll be fine.  However, if he keeps with the tweeting about stuff like that, we might hear of a clear-the-air meeting with the players or something along those lines.  The best thing was this was in June and not July or August.

Agree, I think, as fast as information travels in this digital/social era, especially when it comes to controversial statements, that if something would have been done, that some type of action would have happened by now. I would find it hard to believe that all the people involved in taking action, don't know about it by now. If they were even going to make a statement on it, I think they would have made a statement by now. If it's even considered an issue with the team, I think it's one that is handled internally.

Besides the ones I mentioned earlier, another comparable precedent is Drew Brees' statement on kneeling. That went crazy everywhere, he apologized, and it seems like it's over.

This hasn't even seemed to reach that level, in any way.

it didn't/hasn't reached much of a media level yet cuz the redskins are not much of a media interest other than major things like young's selection of getting rivera

it pops up every now and then media-wise and if a news cycle's slow enough or even one more player says something, it could build into more of a thing

but if everyone involved are all talking and managing things to enough satisfaction behind the scenes it likely won't

16 hours ago, Jumbo said:

it didn't/hasn't reached much of a media level yet cuz the redskins are not much of a media interest other than major things like young's selection of getting rivera

it pops up every now and then media-wise and if a news cycle's slow enough or even one more player says something, it could build into more of a thing

but if everyone involved are all talking and managing things to enough satisfaction behind the scenes it likely won't

Interesting point. We are in such a hot news cycle that it’s hard to get hooked into someone saying something stupid. There are too many big stories out there. Too many significant stories. 

Del Rio having an opinion is small potatoes. The issues and events that led to Del Rio say dumb stuff may be worth our (national) attention. The real things keep burying Del Rio as a figure to focus on. 

I am hopeful that this becomes an opportunity for JDR et. al. to have some frank conversations on the subject, a la Drew Brees. Del Rio is a fierce damn DC and will make this team better, but at this point it has to be about more than that. Team is about more than just the players, everyone involved needs to be on the same page, that has been RR's message from the beginning. We all seem to have forgotten those ancient times in days of yore when we could actually disagree without it devolving into rancor, when there was some respect in people being honest even when you disagreed with them, and both sides might learn something along the way.

But then TBH I will admit that this kind of naive hopefulness might just be early onset Alzheimers, seems more likely than anything positive growing out of the poisoned soil of public discourse.

On 6/27/2020 at 2:34 PM, Mr. Sinister said:

That may have been true before. Now we're in a different time in our country's history. Emotional fires have been stoked in every direction, and its up to real leaders and real bad asses to put it out and bring people together, not be a dumbass and fan the flames

We are an organization in transition, trying to move away from this kind of public idiocy. If he is who everyone says/thinks he is, then he needs to at least attempt to try and smooth things over.

Or he could just double down :)

Thats pretty true. Like I said earlier, there's a bunch of millionaires in the NFL. We also have a lot of guys that would probably love to shut it down and focus on football. 

But id imagine RR rung his neck verbally and its over.

Archived