Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OC - Scott Turner incoming

UKskins

Just now, boston skins fan said:

Source?

For all you know KOC was offered the job but dragged his feet

KOC was under contract. If Turner is the hire then Ron didn't want him. Regardless, read bowhunter's posts on KOC and you will get the joke with my post.

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

KOC was under contract. If Turner is the hire then Ron didn't want him. Regardless, read bowhunter's posts on KOC and you will get the joke with my post.

If hes under contract or not doesnt mean he wanted to be here.  why would rivera keep someone around that doesnt wanna be here.

there are major holes in all your arguments

Edited by boston skins fan

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I think I got your angle?   My point is I think the McDaniels interest is likely genuine.  Ditto Chip Kelly's interest in him at UCLA previously.   There was plenty of smoke on both fronts.

Supposedly, Dan was very interested in keeping O'Connell because he hates losing his young and up-comers to other teams.  I think the mystery is what does Rivera think of O'Connell.  Some here make a good point than O'Connell might not be Rivera's king of guy because he values experience.  Hoffman (if I recall Finlay, too) seemed to allude that Rivera wants to keep him but I don't recall how I got that impression so maybe I am mis-recalling it or they are just guessing. 

But my point I think its a plausible theory that its O'Connell who wants to leave.  Hoffman who seems the closes to him among the beat guys has been saying that from the outset and the main thing being that he's close to McDaniels.  He also said he has some other opportunities too but the mcDaniels one is the most intriguing to him.  Will see. 

I can see all 3 being true. KOC has some interest from a few potential HCs - college and pros - KOC wants to leave - Redskins want to possibly hold onto him, at least until they know for sure who their OC will be.

My problem with the statements made about him is that they were stated as fact that he has made up rumors to make himself look good and that other coaches around the league are "disturbed" by his promotion - not sure why they would care - and that no one actually wants him at all. That's some pretty harsh stuff to be stating without facts to support.

I have no problem with people expressing an opinion - that's what we are here. I do have a problem with opinion being presented as if it were fact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, goskins10 said:

I can see all 3 being true. KOC has some interest from a few potential HCs - college and pros - KOC wants to leave - Redskins want to possibly hold onto him, at least until they know for sure who their OC will be.

My problem with the statements made about him is that they were stated as fact that he has made up rumors to make himself look good and that other coaches around the league are "disturbed" by his promotion - not sure why they would care - and that no one actually wants him at all. That's some pretty harsh stuff to be stating without facts to support.

I have no problem with people expressing an opinion - that's what we are here. I do have a problem with opinion being presented as if it were fact.

Thats my issue as well and bravo for you saying it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, boston skins fan said:

Source?

For all you know KOC was offered the job but dragged his feet

That also could be in play, too.  Rivera is a decisive guy or so he seems.  So if he lets say offered the job to O'Connell and O'Connell's response was let me get back to you then he might not have loved it.  IMO all of these theories could be in play. 

It's clear here that some here don't like O'Connell and prefer to think that Rivera just wants to get rid of the bum and its fun to think of it that way.  It's possible.  But judging purely on the scuttlebutt stuff I think that's unlikely.  But I can definitely see Rivera not loving O'Connell communicating the idea that he'd leave for a better offer.   

The reason why I give that narrative some legs is that's been the narrative that Hoffman has been echoing this whole time.   I was listening to Hoffman's show on January 1st and at one point when talking about O'Connell he goes give me 10 minutes and I'll give you an update where he alluded he would ask the source directly.  Finlay and another had a report that day that O'Connell was one of the coaches Rivera wanted to keep.  Hoffman disputed that report with the angle of O'Connell being here isn't all about what Rivera wants but also about what O'Connell desires which isn't per se about sticking around for sure. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Maybe this new Giants coach hires Jay Gruden at OC, and Gruden gets to finally work with his 2019 draft crush in Daniel Jones.

Then they can pinch each others nipples until the sun comes up. Prefect story

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

This is why I can agree with those who say we shouldnt have drafted the guy. This was obviously going to happen. We all knew going into the season that Gruden was done, and I think Bruce did too. The worst things you could do to a rookie QB in no particular order are putting him in too early without preparation, pairing him with a coach who doesnt want him, drafting him to a team with no weapons and no defense, changing up the coaches or coordinators every season and a QB controversy. We did all that **** and it was basically the plan from the start. 

WHY 

Good stuff. And it's why I have been throwing out the idea of embracing the Arizona model since the last draft. If you suspect your QB is not going to make it, draft another.  And trade the one you just drafted before they lose any and all trade value. Before Haskins, I think we drafted one QB every 5 years in recent decades, of course including taking 2 in the same draft.  If we don't draft one every 5 years, and hold onto them even if there are red flags, it will surprise no one that we suck at finding QBs.

I have my concerns.  I saw Bostic chimed in with the same.  KOC did some good work with him, but surprising no one, he is still very raw. How long should RR give him? I have faith RR will cater to his strengths after seeing how he used Cam as a rookie, which I still consider breaking with the old traditional approach of: any QB drafted must be molded into a pocker passer on day 1, and for forever.

Edited by RandyHolt

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I agree.  This is unlikely being manufactured by O'Connell or even if it is then everyone else does it, too so I wouldn't pick on him.  There are zillion rumors about coaches being wanted here and there.  So the ones about O'Connell are just like anyone else.   I noticed one of O'Connell's critics here likes Shurmur.  There are a multiple rumors about Shurmur right now as well.  It just comes with the turf.   Reporters have said many times -- often the leaks come from agents. 

And if no one wants O'Connell he's playing a dangerous game if this is some wild gambit on his end because he might be left holding the bag without an O coordinator job.   If what Hoffman is saying is true the risk for him is by not committed to staying here, it makes it easy for Rivera to move on.  And if this is much about coaching with McDaniels, what if he doesn't get the Browns job which is the only one left?    Though Hoffman said he has other opportunities as well but the McDaniels is the intriguing one supposedly.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Ohhh 3 cause we are counting Jay. 

Duh Llevron 

Hmm. I was guessing 3 new systems in 3 years meant this upcoming new system (Scott turner??) being 1. The Gruden/koc system being another, and then the 3rd being back in college? But yours would make more sense, i guess🤔

• Like 1