Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

My niece who's 7 has been excited to come over for sleepovers scince she was 5 because she gets to have one of uncle "jaren's" baked taters lol..my name is jared but she would call me jaren hahaha...nothing special about em...idaho russet cleaned off than smothered in butter sprinkled with salt wrapped in foil and cooked over hot coals..served with butter,sour cream, onion chives, shredded cheese, and bacon bits.

Now you’ve made me hungry

• Haha 1

So wholly **** this just hit me...I feel excellent about drafting chase young...and we didn't draft him with Joe Barry or Greg Manusky or haslet or all the other yukks we've had..but we drafted him with jack Del rio and Ron Rivera!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

So wholly **** this just hit me...I feel excellent about drafting chase young...and we didn't draft him with Joe Barry or Greg Manusky or haslet or all the other yukks we've had..but we drafted him with jack Del rio and Ron Rivera!

I agree this is exciting.  We finally have an elite player but also have coaches smart enough to coach him and that side of the football.  Let's go!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I'm just glad he wasn't shot by two old white guys

Keep the Tailgatish  moments in the Tailgate. 

And for those of you still quoting pics, go edit that out. Thanks in advance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Why isn't he asleep when most people are..he dont work graveyard somewhere..that reminds me of someone on dope..and not pot dope

lol it wouldn't be ideal in-season but during a strange quarantine situation I think it can be forgiven for a (just turned) 21 year old to be awake at 1 in the morning. That's not an odd time at all for your average early-20's person to be awake. Now, he's not your average young person, and we want our prize prospect to take care of himself in a professional manner, sure...but he's also working out in the clip, so. 

• Like 2

Round 1: No. 2 overall — Chase Young, DE, Ohio State

Scout 1: “We’ve seen what the Bosa brothers have done. Based on everybody that I’ve talked to and having scouted Joey and Nick, Chase has the potential to be better than both of those players. So I think it’s reasonable to think that he was the best player in this draft. Quarterback value being the overriding factor why Joe Burrow goes No. 1 (to Cincinnati). I mean a no brainer. I’m sure there were teams willing to sell the farm to get the second pick, but you just don’t let that player get out of your franchise. If you want one of the best picks of the draft, that’s certainly it.”

Scout 2: “Ron’s gonna like adding defense. Look at what both the Bosa brothers have done. Chase is kind of cut the same cloth and, heck, he might even be more talented. You’ve seen (Ryan) Kerrigan play all these years and he’s been good to very good I guess, but you know, having a threat like Chase on the defense especially in that division with the young quarterback in New York (Daniel Jones) and Carson Wentz and Dak Prescott is important. You got somebody that can constantly put pressure on them. I think that’s definitely gonna affect the game.”

(Would you have picked Tagovailoa or another quarterback at two instead?)

Source 1: “You always want to take a safe pick at No. 1 and Tua has too many unknowns. The injury factor. Yeah, yeah, you can get the whole claim about bill of health and all that stuff. But you know, you still can’t ignore it. And you can’t ignore how many times you’ve been hurt. You can’t ignore the seriousness of it. I don’t care if they say his hip is good as new. No, it’s not. He dislocated it. Period. It’s not as good. It’ll never be as good as new because it’s not new any longer. You’ve got to be leery of that. You pick that high; you better be picking an All-Pro player.”

(Rivera said Washington needed immediate impact with its first selection and Young was one of three players they felt would provide that punch. If we believe Burrow joins the club, who else would you say makes the cut?)

Scout 1: “I had the same grade on Chase and (Ohio State cornerback and third overall selection) Jeff Okudah, though obviously different positions and the pass rusher being more valuable. If you’re talking immediate impact players that are high-level players and you’ve got both those and obviously Joe Burrow. It was those three and then a pretty, pretty wide margin to the next player.”

https://theathletic.com/1805658/2020/05/11/scouts-view-talent-evaluators-reveal-analysis-on-redskins-2020-class/

• Like 1

The Washington Redskins defensive line are going to grow into an unstoppable unit. #Allpressuredefense

Chase Young,Matt Iodnidos(totally guessing on the spelling),Jonathan Allen,Daron big man Payne, Ryan Kerrigan, Montez Sweat who is fast as hell. And one hell of a rotational unit

How will they stop them all?

Kendall Fuller is going to make a bigger impact in the secondary than you think.

Its exciting to watch video of Chase Young because how explosively mean fast he is off the snap. #Allpressuredefense 

This defense has the opportunity to win some games single handedly, the offense could sputter but possibly catch fire when it matters. GO REDSKINS!

• Like 2

An interesting breakdown and take, especially Young vs Bosa:

Basically he's pointing out that Chase needs to work on using his bull rush and speed to power moves, especially when he scares Tackles so much with his speed and inside/outside hand swipes that they basically leave their hands down for fear of it and in the process leave their entire chest wide open for a bull rush.

Chase is just so explosive and fast that he could still beat college Tackles with his more common rush tactics anyway, even when it was technically not the "right" move to use. But in the NFL he's going to need to learn to recognize and take advantage of when Tackles open their pads up to a bull rush. He showed clips of him doing it (and doing it well), so it's not like Chase doesn't know how or can't do it...he just relies more on his speed and hand scissors, even when that move isn't there.

He points out that, since Bosa doesn't have the ludicrous explosion and athleticism that Chase does, he had to hone his technique perfectly. He even goes through Bosa's rushes in the NFL and shows how his first two steps are literally always the same and hence keeps Tackles guessing before he decides on a move to use.

None of this was to bash Chase; he thinks he's amazing. He's basically just saying that if Chase could hone that part of his game he could go from being a top tier NFL pass rusher to a potential all time great. Watching it was interesting because even in games where he had multiple sacks, he probably could have had a few more had he taken advantage to the wide open chests that Tackles were leaving him for fear of his speed and side scissors moves.

Edited by mistertim
  • Thanks 2