Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

It’s clear Chase knows he needs to get on the field and he didn’t want to wait another week. He should get some  positivity mojo from us for getting himself back out there. 

If he is even rookie Chase Young our DL is going to be scary. 

• Like 7
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Stone Cold said:

Welcome back 99!!!  Stay healthy fella…we’re a lot better when you’re on the field!  You looked like your old self today!..,let’s goooooooo!

Youre ****in a right we are.....Great to see 99 back!

3 minutes ago, DazedSkinsfan said:

I was stuck at work today and missed the game but how did he look today??

He had a monster 2nd half....helped change the game.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I've clowned and questioned him when he deserved it. 

Yesterday, he looked like he wanted to be there. Rusty... made a few questionable decisions and had a ticky-tacky penalty called against him, but he wanted to be there for the first time since he rookie season.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

They are blocking him with a TE at times? Hilarious. That play inside the 10 is gonna be embarrassing for the TE on film review. Whiff and then falling backwards. Broke his ankles like a point guard. Also nice to see him win with power on that last half sack.

I didn’t realize his impact on the Forbes pick and the Forest near pick. He had quite a game.

• Like 6

I think Russ definitely played his "Do you know who I am" card a couple times yesterday. Chase took a half step too much on the push, but it was fairly ticktack from my living room. I didn't really notice him losing contain as has been mentioned, but overall he was a difference maker (in a good way) on more plays than not, imo. Solid return for his 1st game back! Stay healthy and shake off the remaining rust and he should have a fun season! 

His speed to chase down Wilson on that 2nd to last drive where they kicked a FG to get within 8 was sick. If that was JSW Wilson probably gets away and scores.

We have some ballers on this team but there is no doubt Young is a cut above the rest in terms of just pure talent and athleticism. A true game changer in every sense of the word.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Think the call on the Wilson penalty was the correct call. He didn’t have to push him and he didn’t have that much momentum that he couldn’t stop.

However, I have seen him do this multiple times throughout his professional career and not be flagged. I see other guys do it and not be flagged. The thing I would like to see is the consistency in callin that a penalty. Either it is or it isn’t. 

• Like 1

Chase got off to a very slow start. But after the first quarter, he came out with new moves for the first time in his career. He and Sweat closed out the game with a very strong impact as well. This was the most promising game I've seen from young since his rookie year. We will have some very tough decisions to make at the end of the year with how this defensive line is playing.

8 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

Chase got off to a very slow start. But after the first quarter, he came out with new moves for the first time in his career. He and Sweat closed out the game with a very strong impact as well. This was the most promising game I've seen from young since his rookie year. We will have some very tough decisions to make at the end of the year with how this defensive line is playing.

I had previously been pretty confident that we could keep both if we wanted to, and then Bosa signed for like $34m. 

But the wildcard here is that it now looks like we have a QB. And that changes the dynamic in two ways. We can use our early-draft capital next year on positions NOT QB, and we can use our $100m in projected cap space on NOT a QB. That means you can address the OL in the draft with "cheap" young talent. Then use the $100m to extend Curl, Sweat, Young and still have a solid amount of $$ to put toward other holes and needs. 

Having Howell as the QB under a REALLY low rookie contract for 2024 and 2025 will give us some major cap flexibility. Look at all the $$ the 49ers are spending on their defense and offensive weapons and what having Purdy as their long-term QB is allowing them to do. I also think they have the most cap space currently in the NFL even after the Bosa extension. So we are set up really nicely to sign both and not really "sacrifice" elsewhere, unless of course a top-tier LT is available in FA (unlikely) and you can't get them because you put that $$ toward DE. 

1st: LT

2nd: LB

3rd: DB

4th: OT

FA: Extend Sweat, Young, Curl

And you probably still have about $40-60m in cap space depending on how those extensions are structured to address other needs or roll into the future. 

• Thanks 1