Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Is it the dreads? Christ dude. 

No, like I said just a feeling. 

I know I'll get blasted for it.

The dreads probably contributed to the use of the word ganja though.

Edited by redskinss

2 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Is it the dreads? Christ dude. 

Did you miss the very last part of the interview where CY suddenly said "Also, mi tank Jah fah di herb, mon. Mi smoke every day tuh gimmi di chrent tuh shed blocks an sack dem quarterbacks mon." ??

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

20 hours ago, Jumbo said:

and then to put some cherries on the top, he's quite intelligent and is regarded as having excellent character and work ethic, which is what comes through to me to date, and  he appears to be locker room gold

what a total package---no wonder so many of the more sage prognosticators have been so certain that we won't trade out despite the numerous important holes we have to fill and the haul we might get in a talent-rich draft

Couldn't agree more, beyond football, beyond that confident swagger of being Predator, etc., this kid just seems so well rounded and mature. Not mature as in finished growing or aged, but mature in his tastes and the way he expresses himself and the range of interests and talents, even that clip from the combine where he was trading techniques with Epenesa, I want him on our roster for those intangibles of leadership in the lockerroom, he's one of those guys that people gravitate towards. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

The Jacksonville Jags, in 2017, had the Pats beat in the AFC championship game with a great defense and very few offensive weapons and regional QB play at best. My hope is that RR builds this defense into a pressure based monster and the offense grows around the defense. The Bears used the same formula with Trubisky and had a great team. In the NFC East, IF JDR and RR can get this defense to play at an elite level, we can be good quickly. Even with our rag tag team last season, with Callahan instilling some discipline and confidence, we went into Green Bay and played the Packers very tough at the end of the season. This team is not far off, especially if the offensive line can be solid and we can run the ball. RR instilling a winning culture can't be far off because we have many, many players from winning college programs.....they just need a leader with a plan. Chase Young is gonna energize this team beyond belief....

The Bears and Jags are actually perfect examples of having great defenses with bad QB limits you immensely.  Where are they now? They both had one really good season that was cut short because their QB couldn't get it done and then immediately became irrelevant.  Meanwhile teams with top QBs contend for over a decade  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Hoover-ball said:

Yes, racism will and should be called out.

Listen I'm not gonna get too deep into this because it's not worth it.

I've been around pot since I was old enough to walk, both parents smoked it, all my siblings and I'd guess at least half the people I know smoke pot.

It's extremely common and at this point not a whole lot different than smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol. 

Its legal in my state and as a matter of fact one of my closest friends owns a facility that grows it for legal consumption. 

Its Astonishing what people consider racist nowadays and truth be told I cant say as I'm too happy with the accusation to be honest.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Listen I'm not gonna get too deep into this because it's not worth it.

I've been around pot since I was old enough to walk, both parents smoked it, all my siblings and I'd guess at least half the people I know smoke pot.

It's extremely common and at this point not a whole lot different than smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol. 

Its legal in my state and as a matter of fact one of my closest friends owns a facility that grows it for legal consumption. 

Its Astonishing what people consider racist nowadays and truth be told I cant say as I'm too happy with the accusation to be honest.

Pot should be legal everywhere so no need to go deep into that part. Everyone knows people who smoke pot.

As long as this country has a staggeringly disproportionate amount of black men locked up for the use of pot and the NFL has issues with race etc then saying that he is on drugs based on a video where nothing of the sort is mentioned is a negative comment and steeped in structural racism.

You will note I said nothing about you being racist. I do not know you. The comment was problematic and should rightfully be called out for racism whether it was meant that way or simply unconscious bias. You should look into unconscious bias. I have found it personally eye opening. Everyone has it and you can learn where yours is or is not. Saying you just have a feeling is what leads me to believe you may enjoy learning more about it if you have not already.

Cheers and HTTR

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

The Bears and Jags are actually perfect examples of having great defenses with bad QB limits you immensely.  Where are they now? They both had one really good season that was cut short because their QB couldn't get it done and then immediately became irrelevant.  Meanwhile teams with top QBs contend for over a decade  

Depends on how you look at it. I agree, they are teams that had bad QB's but I never said DH would be a bad QB. If we build defense first and let the offense grow with Dwayne, we could have a great team, especially given all of our youth at the skill positions. We can only hope that RR and his staff can coach DH up and establish a good ground game as well. I will also throw in last years Tennessee Titans as an example of a team that focused on defense and running the ball. They have a defensive minded coach who comes from playing in a winning program. That's exactly what RR is. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Depends on how you look at it. I agree, they are teams that had bad QB's but I never said DH would be a bad QB. If we build defense first and let the offense grow with Dwayne, we could have a great team, especially given all of our youth at the skill positions. We can only hope that RR and his staff can coach DH up and establish a good ground game as well. I will also throw in last years Tennessee Titans as an example of a team that focused on defense and running the ball. They have a defensive minded coach who comes from playing in a winning program. That's exactly what RR is. 

This defense is a CB1, a pro bowl LB and a solid FS away from being a perennial top 3 defense, IMHO. We already have a WR1. If Haskins is progresses, the we have a QB as well and have enough pieces to build around and should be able to contend for the division on an annual basis. If Haskins doesn't progress, we will be picking in the top 10 in the draft. That's actually not such an awful place to be as a team. 

Love the Nick Bosa comments on Chase. Sounds like Bosa thinks Chase is a MUCH better athlete than he is with great technique, but will need to work on his power a bit. Watching Chase, he sometimes plays with a ton of power. He IS strong. The best place to see this is then he forces his way through double teams, for instance. I think once he gets in an NFL weight room and works the power game a little bit more into his rush technique, it's really going to help. His speed rush, hands, and inside counter are already so good. I haven't seen him just own a guy on a bull rush though. He doesn't seem to incorporate the bull rush with regularity. I think that if we worked that in a bit more, it would be very effective because guys are playing him for speed, and, it would make his inside counter and speed moves more effective, because OT's would have to guard against both. I'd bet this is where we see most of the improvement in Chase between his rookie and 2nd years. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

MUST READ

Very good article. 

Chase's body type, however, might not even be fully defined yet. 

The men in his family share, along with an interest in the law enforcement vocation, a history of late growth spurts. His father, Greg, was 6-foot-2 entering college but grew until he was 23 and now stands nearly 6-10. His uncle Kenny, 6-foot-3 when he first became a policeman, grew three inches after the age of 23 and is now 6-6. Chase stands 6-5 at only 21 years old, and if Greg's prediction holds true, the NFL club that drafts him will see him reach 6-8 by the end of his rookie contract. 

"I don't know that you can get any freakier than what he is now," the AFC executive said. "But maybe so."

That's crazy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, redskinss said:

I'm glad the nfl is relaxing their policies on marijuana because, call it a hunch but watching that interview I get the feeling chase likes to partake in the ganja.

Again no evidence just a hunch.

46 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

• Like 1

The anti Young crowd are running out of reasons why we shouldn't pick him. Its absurd, now they're resorting to "HE MIGHT BE A STONER." Nevermind that the NFL just passed a new rule saying its okay to smoke weed.

And there is no evidence he even smokes. He just "looks the part." Racism is still alive...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

The anti Young crowd are running out of reasons why we shouldn't pick him. Its absurd, now they're resorting to "HE MIGHT BE A STONER." Nevermind that the NFL just passed a new rule saying its okay to smoke weed.

And there is no evidence he even smokes. He just "looks the part." Racism is still alive...

Entire family are all cops and **** too, but black guy grows his hair out and he must smoke weed. Sad.

With so little to watch or pay attention to in the sports world right now Im so happy we have the draft coming next week.  My son and I are giddy with anticipation.  Just hope Ron doesn't do something crazy or disappointing.  A big - huge haul of picks or Chase.    

Fingers crossed that Young will become what many believe he can be.  This team is desperate for a star.  An All Pro.  While it will be difficult to live up to the hype he seems to have everything you look for.  What he can do as an individual on the field might only be eclipsed by what he can do to raise the level of play by the rest of that line.  

One week and the predator will be in Burgundy and Gold.

Damn... can't wait.

Edited by Idaho fan
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not really the point man. 

I was trying to lighten the mood,  good lord 😂😂 i dont even care what the “point” is anyway, because it’s irrelevant to me, I’m not the one debating on the whole issue, that’s the rest of you 🤷🏻‍♂️ I was simply stating I’d join him, and others should too :P guess i struck a nerve 😂😂😂 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

This defense is a CB1, a pro bowl LB and a solid FS away from being a perennial top 3 defense, IMHO. We already have a WR1. If Haskins is progresses, the we have a QB as well and have enough pieces to build around and should be able to contend for the division on an annual basis. If Haskins doesn't progress, we will be picking in the top 10 in the draft. That's actually not such an awful place to be as a team. 

Love the Nick Bosa comments on Chase. Sounds like Bosa thinks Chase is a MUCH better athlete than he is with great technique, but will need to work on his power a bit. Watching Chase, he sometimes plays with a ton of power. He IS strong. The best place to see this is then he forces his way through double teams, for instance. I think once he gets in an NFL weight room and works the power game a little bit more into his rush technique, it's really going to help. His speed rush, hands, and inside counter are already so good. I haven't seen him just own a guy on a bull rush though. He doesn't seem to incorporate the bull rush with regularity. I think that if we worked that in a bit more, it would be very effective because guys are playing him for speed, and, it would make his inside counter and speed moves more effective, because OT's would have to guard against both. I'd bet this is where we see most of the improvement in Chase between his rookie and 2nd years. 

I recall from another Nick Bosa interview that he's tight with Chase.  I recall him saying months back he wants to work with him to ensure he's ready for the adjustment from college to the pros.  Bosa seems like a cool dude or at least generous with his time with no jealously at all as to people comparing him apples to apples to Chase.

If you listen to someone like Cooley, he said next to talent the most important intangible in his view to reach greatness is to love the game and desire to be great.  He said he can tell in the locker room what players had limited ceilings because they didn't love football.  He said give or take 30% of his teammates loved football.  I forgot the specific story but he had one about Haynesworth and said he knew he was talened as heck but didn't surprise him his career flamed out because he can tell he didn't love the game, its was just business-money for him.

Gibbs also said work ethic is the #1 thing he looked for from his young players.  So yeah love hearing that Chase wants to be great and likes to grind. 

• Like 1