Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

- What has Allen done to demand top 3 DT money? 15m-17m a year is Fletcher Cox territory. Allen has been pretty good but he hasn't been anything near that level. 

- Based on what criteria?

- You can never have enough good DL depth and rotation. Especially on the cheap.

- I doubt Allen is going to get us much more than a 3rd rounder. He has somewhat underperformed relative to his draft position and potential. We might be able to eke out a 2nd from a team desperate for DT talent. Much better to keep him and see if he can thrive in the new system. 

-In two years after his 4th and 5th years are done, 15-17 is gonna be fringe top 10 money at DT.

-Criteria based on outside of Derrick Brown He is the most complete DT. Perhaps you can make a case for Kinlaw,  it either way at worse he’s a top 15 player. What’s more is he’s proven he’s capable of succeeding in the nfl.

- 100% true. However, there is a difference between good depth and rotation and potentially having a quarter of your cap dedicated to your front 4. Brantley and Settle at their cost is just as efficient as Allen at his potential costs. I’m not saying they’re better. They’re not. But the amount of cap space dedicated to them in relation to their production makes them just as valuable.

- if that’s the case then hold onto him. But if Armstead, who hasn’t had nearly the career that Allen has had, can be had for the 13th pick in the draft then I bet we could get more. 

Edited by PartyPosse

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'd be absolutely flabbergasted if Kerrigan starts over Sweat. Sweat is better against the run, PA, RO.

I’d be flabbergasted if Kerrigan is on the roster on his current 11.5mil salary in 2020. Once we’ve snagged Young, Kerrigan needs to be on a drastically reduced deal or shipped out for a 4th....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’d be flabbergasted if Kerrigan is on the roster on his current 11.5mil salary in 2020. Once we’ve snagged Young, Kerrigan needs to be on a drastically reduced deal or shipped out for a 4th....

Yeah I can't see them keeping him for 11.5 million this year. There's no dead cap attached to him this season so we wouldn't get hit if we moved him or released him. I doubt they want to release him as he's still a good player and a core team guy, but I can see them trying to restructure his deal perhaps.

Edited by mistertim

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

- if that’s the case then hold onto him. But if Armstead, who hasn’t had nearly the career that Allen has had, can be had for the 13th pick in the draft then I bet we could get more. 

Armstead wasn't had for the 13th pick.  That was Buckner, who has been far better than Allen has in his career.

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Armstead wasn't had for the 13th pick.  That was Buckner, who has been far better than Allen has in his career.

You are correct. My mistake. 

However, I don’t think his career has been that much better. It has been better, don’t get me wrong, but technically Allen has only played two seasons. Compare those to Deforest’s first two seasons and they’re very similar not to mention Buck’s been in a 4-3 his entire nfl career. 

I’m almost talking myself out of the idea of trading him lol.

BUT... Armsteads contract is what scares me. He’s been fairly underwhelming in his career yet signed a deal that pays him an average of 17 per.

Edited by PartyPosse

I'm not sure where this myth that Allen is our best DL comes from.  Draft hype?  Matt I. and Payne are better players currently, have more athletic upside, and have less long-term injury concerns (arthritic shoulders).

400876562_ScreenShot2020-04-17at12_50_53PM.thumb.png.319e4ce37b53df7bc827a1b806682266.png1033314218_ScreenShot2020-04-17at12_51_32PM.thumb.png.f4c3ec1f3b53b6a441ae8e7fa714119f.png350350348_ScreenShot2020-04-17at12_51_40PM.thumb.png.0da721b079894ad5a29d5002461faaff.png

Edited by HTTRDynasty

14 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

He's a Dan and Fan favorite and it's not like our cap is tight. I would be more surprised if he was not on the roster than the price. I'd love to trade him personally. I'm not a huge fan the last few years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

is this the same player nobody else wanted to draft in the first round?

Mostly because of fears of arthritic shoulder woes preventing him from a long career, which also adds into the idea that trading him now, while not ideal, may be the best for the long run. He ended up being the 4th DE taken solely due to those concerns.

19 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Mostly because of fears of arthritic shoulder woes preventing him from a long career, which also adds into the idea that trading him now, while not ideal, may be the best for the long run. He ended up being the 4th DE taken solely due to those concerns.

And someone will now give a 17-25 range pick for him when you thinks he’s down the pecking order on our DL? And his shoulders are ****ed?

Personally, I’ll keep him. Solid player, fantastic leader. Rookie contract. Rivera must love his attitude. I’ll keep him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

And someone will now give a 17-25 range pick for him when you thinks he’s down the pecking order on our DL? And his shoulders are ****ed?

Personally, I’ll keep him. Solid player, fantastic leader. Rookie contract. Rivera must love his attitude. I’ll keep him.

I think some of those concerns have been quelled but who knows? I also don’t think he’s down in the pecking order much like how Buckner wasn’t in SF, but when you have that much talent at one position you know you can’t pay them all. Doesn’t mean you’d give him away as there would, I imagine, be numerous teams interested not to mention we wouldn’t exactly be in a position where we have to trade him ala Trent.

And again, I like him and I’m not advocating for him being traded. I’m just saying out of all the DL we have he seems the likeliest. If we were able to keep them all down the road I’m all for that as he is a phenomenal player. And theoretically we could keep him for four more years with FT. Just because you wanna keep em all though doesn’t mean you can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I'm not sure where this myth that Allen is our best DL comes from.  Draft hype?  Matt I. and Payne are better players currently, have more athletic upside, and have less long-term injury concerns (arthritic shoulders).

Allen did sprain his knee in the 1st game of the season, and didn't quite have the same wiggle afterwards.  But yeah, I think Payne has the most potential out of the group, really curious how well our IDL does with scheme switch and better coaching.

If we take Young, experts have Detroit picking Okudah, and NYG taking Simmons.

And for the 2nd year in a row, we will be "competing" with NYG over the more successful 1st Round pick, at virtually the same position.

Last year, we both took QB's of course, and the debate on that was endless.

This time, it could be WAS and NYG taking Young and Simmons, and many eyes will be watching how they each develop as defensive freaks.

Just a thought - not saying it should happen, or will happen, or I want it to - but if we take Simmons, then Detroit will take Young, and the Giants get neither Young nor Simmons in that situation.

Just a dreamy thought regarding the possibility of getting a great player, and preventing the Giants from getting a near equal

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

I think it's important to remember just how bad the coaching, play calling and environment was last year. It makes me want to give most of our players a mulligan.

So, try to remember what you thought of Allen at the end of 2019. Back then, he was a leader, was a surging, exciting player, and looked to be a ten-year anchor. The year before that, he looked like a rookie who was a steal and someone who really outplayed expectations (or lived up to his original top five expectations despite the fall.) Last year, he often looked like a bum. I think that was partly injury, but I think a huge part of it was the fact that the scheme, the play calling, and everything else just stank and no one seemed to be able to rise above it.

10 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If we take Young, experts have Detroit picking Okudah, and NYG taking Simmons.

And for the 2nd year in a row, we will be "competing" with NYG over the more successful 1st Round pick, at virtually the same position.

Last year, we both took QB's of course, and the debate on that was endless.

This time, it could be WAS and NYG taking Young and Simmons, and many eyes will be watching how they each develop as defensive freaks.

Just a thought - not saying it should happen, or will happen, or I want it to - but if we take Simmons, then Detroit will take Young, and the Giants get neither Young nor Simmons in that situation.

Just a dreamy thought regarding the possibility of getting a great player, and preventing the Giants from getting a near equal

I am dreading the Giants taking Simmons.  I really hope Gettleman overvalues Becton.  If they take Simmons or Thomas im gonna be a bit upset.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I think it's important to remember just how bad the coaching, play calling and environment was last year. It makes me want to give most of our players a mulligan.

So, try to remember what you thought of Allen at the end of 2019. Back then, he was a leader, was a surging, exciting player, and looked to be a ten-year anchor. The year before that, he looked like a rookie who was a steal and someone who really outplayed expectations (or lived up to his original top five expectations despite the fall.) Last year, he often looked like a bum. I think that was partly injury, but I think a huge part of it was the fact that the scheme, the play calling, and everything else just stank and no one seemed to be able to rise above it.

I’m not saying they would trade him because of performance reasons. Only because he’s not far off from a massive payday and we already have a lot of talent on the DL once Young is signed. Can we find a way to keep them all? Who knows.

1 hour ago, OVCChairman said:

I am dreading the Giants taking Simmons.  I really hope Gettleman overvalues Becton.  If they take Simmons or Thomas im gonna be a bit upset.  

Me too, man. And if Gregg were the coach of NY's other team (Lord knows Gase shouldn't be), they would definitely be trying to somehow snag Simmons; certainly won't last til pick pick 11.