Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ron Rivera to be next Redskins HC (According to CSN Post-game Show)

skinfan2k

As much as many have complained about this team over the past several years (especially me) it seems we are getting a lot of what we wanted.  Rivera in and Bruce out instantly brings some new respectability back.  Dan it seems is doing much of the house cleaning everyone wanted.  There are still some FO moves/decisions to be made but Im feeling a lot better about my team than I have in years.

Welcome Ron Rivera.  This team is begging for a leader and I hope you are that man.  HTTR.

My biggest question - and I'm sure yours as well - is what this will mean for Rob Ryan, i.e., what sort of promotion will he be getting? One thing's for sure: this team needs to bank up the Brinks for this football colossus if they don't want someone in our division stealing him away quickly! 

(Edit: Apparently some thought this post was serious, lol. Is sarcasm still a thing? I mean, come on, "football colossus" isn't clue enough?)

5x7iu86md5i31.jpg

7 minutes ago, Theismann07 said:

Alright....deal is done. Many more moves still need to occur, but at least this part is solidified. Time to move forward and go full steam ahead. I’m excited about the possibilities that may occur if the organizational structure can finally be developed to an appropriate NFL level caliber. This is the key to helping this coaching staff be successful or any future coaching staff. The common denominator still remains....Dan Snyder still owns the team. 21 years of bad management doesn’t go away overnight, but hopefully this is the first step towards a new culture and a new way of doing business. I think we can all agree that we all want our team back.

HAIL!!:815:

I hope you guys get back on top too.

1 minute ago, Idaho fan said:

As much as many have complained about this team over the past several years (especially me) it seems we are getting a lot of what we wanted.  Rivera in and Bruce out instantly brings some new respectability back.  Dan it seems is doing much of the house cleaning everyone wanted.  There are still some FO moves/decisions to be made but Im feeling a lot better about my team than I have in years.

Welcome Ron Rivera.  This team is begging for a leader and I hope you are that man.  HTTR.

You guys really have a decent defense already, just need to get that O line going and add some WRs and you'll be set.

7 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

My biggest question - and I'm sure yours as well - is what this will mean for Rob Ryan, i.e., what sort of promotion will he be getting? One thing's for sure: this team needs to bank up the Brinks for this football colossus if they don't want someone in our division stealing him away quickly! 

Nah, I'd rather have Wilks.  D did absolutely nothing with the current staff.

Advanced issue found

1 minute ago, Dissident2 said:

I think he can thank his brother, at least partially, for still being there. 

Great news that this is done.  I hope keeping KOC is for real, as well as bringing in Wilks.

The franchise got better today.  I liked Gruden, but he was an Allen/Snyder lapdog.  "Club Jay" was a thing, no wonder the teams were always soft.  Allen is sent packing.  We got a real football guy in here now, this is great to see.

Obviously there's a lot to do but this is a good step in the right direction.  I hear great things about Bienemy but I was afraid that they'd go that route, the hot assistant/coordinator with no experience.  Rivera is a 2 time coach of the year, has a superbowl appearance and seems to have a lot of gas left in the tank.  I'm stoked.

5 minutes ago, Dissident2 said:

Dude is shaped like Doctor Robotnic lmao 

I started lukewarm about Rivera in the process but warmed up big time the more I learned about him.  He fits my type of personality in a coach for a number of reasons.

I do think Dan is clearly a disaster as an owner.  But I do think Bruce was ditto a disaster of a GM.  Keim talked about the subject this morning saying asking people around the league and some who worked there -- the problem among other things has been non-football people making football decisions.  Keim cautioned that they didn't just mean Dan.  He said people equally felt that way about Bruce, too.

To me Dan and Bruce were the batman-robin dual from football hell.  I think they are both douches.  They are both nonfootball guys who override football people on football decisions.  I put it all on Dan since he's the owner.

Dan's best times were when Gibbs was here.  Gibbs knew how to manage Dan. And Gibbs is a classy guy who sets a good example.  I saw the part in the Keim article saying Dan needs to feel like he's part of it and hey some of the big decisions were made by him.  I know some people like that, I've worked with some.  You develop a conversation about a subject you lead them in the direction you want to go and make that person feel like they reached the conclusion you set up for them.  Reading about Rivera he strikes me as a classy dude and ultimate people manager who will figure that out.  If I recall I read somewhere Gibbs managed Dan with a lot of finesse where Dan felt invested even if it was Gibbs' decisions. 

Don't get me wrong I expect Dan to spoil the broth until I see him do otherwise.   But I do think a guy like Rivera might mitigate the damage that Dan does.  And at this point, its all I can hope for.  I've made this point many times but I was a tortured Yankee fan for well over a decade of misery with an owner with similar traits to Dan.  Eventually, they did get lucky and turned it around.  So I always have a slimmer of hope.  And its part of the reason why among some of Dan's harshest critics (I consider myself one) I am probably the most optimistic.  The optimism by the way has nothing to do with having any faith in Dan.  I got little to no faith in him.  It's my faith in luck and just random chance. 😀

Archived