bakedtater1

Portis and 12 other retired NFL players accused of health benefits scam.

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, joeken24 said:

So if Clinton received the equipment, he done ****ed up. Which of those items are remotely health centric equipment. I'm surprised the claim was even approved. I take they were gaining the equipment and selling them in the open market for cash? Don't know.

 

The article I read on ESPN said they were allegedly forging doctors' orders for medical stuff, so there wasn't actually any equipment being ordered or delivered--they would have just been pocketing the money.

Edited by profusion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This really blows me away. I mean Portis had a weekly appearance on Grant and Danny. That had to pay him like $50 a week or something. In all seriousness though this is not good news for Spanky Janky. Dude is going to do some real time.

 

This is Carlos Rogers indictment if anyone wants to read it:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1225866/download

Edited by clskinsfan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This really blows me away. I mean Portis had a weekly appearance on Grant and Danny. That had to pay him like $50 a week or something. In all seriousness though this is not good news for Spanky Janky. Dude is going to do some real time.

 

This is Carlos Rogers indictment if anyone wants to read it:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1225866/download

 

I'm real curious how the post game show is going to go this weekend, probably just throw Smoot on there, but we shall see I guess. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

 

Is McCune the dude that was doing a headstand then did some miraculous flip into a swimming pool? I know something like this happened!

 

I don't think so.  I just remember there was a picture of him in training camp and the due was jacked.  I mean beyond normal NFL jacked, and a portion of this forum convinced themselves he was going to be a serious contributor because "look at his arms."  I mean I don't blame anyone, I've lived through the other three examples I listed, all of which were worse, but McCune had a brief following himself.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Veryoldschool said:

I hope he's not guilty.

 

Same here but the chances of that are extremely slim. The feds don't get to this stage unless they know that they have you for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what an absolute human stain pile of sh - it takes a special type of garbage to exploit a health care system - gross

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

 

Same here but the chances of that are extremely slim. The feds don't get to this stage unless they know that they have you for sure.

 

Yeah the indictment against Carlos is pretty damn thorough. Their best bet is probably to try and cut a deal to get as little time as possible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Veryoldschool said:

I hope he's not guilty.

Nah. Its a wrap. Federal charges are very rarely good for the person being charged. Hell, I got a ticket driving 5 miles over the speed limit in a backwoods state (delaware; no offense...nah **** that, its backwoods damnit!). I ****ed up and forgot about it and ended up with a suspended license in that state. About a year goes by, I take a wrong exit on the 32 and end up at the gate of NSA. I'm only seeking to make a u-turn but the gate guard says he needs to run my plates. Boom! I damn near got arrested because of backwoods! I end up with a NSA citation and because I was on a federal installation, I have to appear in federal court for that ****. Take it from me, do not.....I mean do not find yourself at that level of the justice system. Its ****ing stressful and makes no damn sense half the time. 

 

Edited by joeken24
add
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spjunkies said:

 

Is McCune the dude that was doing a headstand then did some miraculous flip into a swimming pool? I know something like this happened!

 

Nah bro, this dude looked like "The Thing " from Fantastic 4. 

 

Just a bunch of swoll. He was slow af too, probably the reason why.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

Nah bro, this dude looked like "The Thing " from Fantastic 4. 

 

Just a bunch of swoll. He was slow af too, probably the reason why.

 

After some Google investigating I've found the dude I was thinking about. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that doesn’t really like to hear Portis’ commentary? All this aside 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, max21 said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t really like to hear Portis’ commentary? All this aside 

 

Well, you won't have to worry about that after today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

How do you recommend I do it?

10. Adhere to ES policies on using headlines/content from other websites to start a new thread or to add to an existing thread.
When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources or using any website as part of the topic please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the original page/site. Paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two). Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Name Mike Shanahan New Head Coach). If the source is a blog or a chain e-mail, put "blog" or "chain e-mail" at the beginning of the thread title.

Please see our copyright statement.

If you're adding content from any website to an existing thread, do not post large sections of that content. Just post the link and a brief section that is relevant to the point the content is intended to support.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TK said:

10. Adhere to ES policies on using headlines/content from other websites to start a new thread or to add to an existing thread.
When posting anything concerning news articles from outside sources or using any website as part of the topic please include a direct link (i.e., URL) to the original page/site. Paste the URL directly atop the post, above a small portion of the article's text (for example, the lead paragraph or a particular sentence or two). Such a practice provides credibility and attribution to the source of the information, and allows visitors the option to visit the respective websites. You are responsible for the content you post.

If you are posting a published article from a news source, please title your thread in the following format: "SOURCE SHORTFORM: HEADLINE" (Ex. WP: Redskins Name Mike Shanahan New Head Coach). If the source is a blog or a chain e-mail, put "blog" or "chain e-mail" at the beginning of the thread title.

Please see our copyright statement.

If you're adding content from any website to an existing thread, do not post large sections of that content. Just post the link and a brief section that is relevant to the point the content is intended to support.

Consider this the very last thread I start that contains news lol...I realy appreciate you being helpful but I've read over this a few times and have no clue what it means...I truly mean it with all my heart when I say I'm very thankful to be allowed in this community...do what ya need to with the thread, I'll accept any punishment that needs to be handed down.

Edited by bakedtater1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, max21 said:

Am I the only one that doesn’t really like to hear Portis’ commentary? All this aside 

The Skins just threw him a bone because he was broke. He's awful, and now he's pissed that gift away as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

Consider this the very last thread I start that contains news lol...I realy appreciate you being helpful but I've read over this a few times and have no clue what it means...I truly mean it with all my heart when I say I'm very thankful to be allowed in this community...do what ya need to with the thread, I'll accept any punishment that needs to be handed down.

 

Let me guide you... :D

When you create a new thread in the title bar you need to put the source and the headline from that source since you are are referencing a news story.  

 

So the title should have said:

PFT: Clinton Portis, nine other ex-NFL players charged with health care fraud

 

Then in the body of the new thread you copy and paste the first few paragraph of the story like this:

 

The United States Department of Justice has charged 10 former NFL players with defrauding a health care program for retired players.

Former Washington and Denver running back Clinton Portis is among those who have been charged.

 

He is joined by Carlos Rogers, Robert McCune, John Eubanks, Tamarick Vanover, Ceandris Brown, James Butler, Frederick Bennett, Correll Buckhalter and Etric Pruitt. Former NFL wideouts Joe Horn and Reche Caldwell are also expected to be charged with conspiracy to commit health care fraud.

 

More at the link below. Discuss. 

 

Then you put the link from your browser, you know where it says www.whatever.com or in this case this: 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/12/clinton-portis-nine-other-ex-nfl-players-charged-with-health-care-fraud/

 

This is how you make a new thread from a news article posted on the interwebs. :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

The skins seem well represented in the charging documents!

 

Winning off the field

 

Dare I say "Our culture is damn good"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.