Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Redskins at Putty Cats (North Cackalacky Version)

TK

Just now, ntotoro said:

Is that the kind of player you draft in the middle of the first round or is that a project?

Pat Mahomes was a "project". Aaron Rodgers sat for years. Josh Allen looked lost his first dozen games or so, and has been lighting it up. Time will tell. He's started 5 games.

4 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

He still barely had a 50% completion rate, threw for under 150 yards and didn’t crack a 70 QBR. There weren’t that many drops to make up for those numbers.

Haskins was 58.33% (21/36) There were at least four bad drops. If Sprinkle grabs the ones he misses Haskins is at 69% today.

58% is not a bad day. 69% would have been an outstanding day.

It’s really crazy to me to read all the posts worried about draft position because of some wins. Do you really believe that draft position will make a difference for the Redskins with the management regime we have in place? When was the last time the Skins drafted a player in the first round who was a game changer? Or a franchise player? Admittedly, we have gotten some good players, but no one who has been a stud that has been a force for years. We could have two top-five picks and these guys would screw it up. We get lucky occasionally and get a guy like McLaurin who looks to be a keeper. But C’mon, Haskins sucks. He’s the worst QB in this draft class. Guice seems like he might be a good choice but he’s been hurt WAY more than he’s been healthy. We could go on. Let’s just quit trying to fool ourselves into thinking that a top draft choice will change our fortune. We have deep problems all around.

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Progress man as they grow together. 

You’d have to be exceptionally bitter to not be loving that.

Hail.

I believe there is talent here, especially on defense. Our D staff spends most game trying to shove their whole fist in their mouth. Better coaching....lack of Bruce Allen. Maybe...

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

Haskins was 58.33% (21/36) There were at least four bad drops. If Sprinkle grabs the ones he misses Haskins is at 69% today.

58% is not a bad day. 69% would have been an outstanding day.

Be careful man.  

Sometimes objective analysis is too much awesomeness to post in one thread.

7 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Progress man as they grow together. 

You’d have to be exceptionally bitter to not be loving that.

Hail.

If you want to call bitter all those that are concerned about a future with BA and Callahan due to a few wins against backup qbs, fine, I’ll take that label.  

#BitterSkinFanInMinn

first game IMO that they played well throughout save the first half against Philly.  As one of the lead cheerleaders for Guice since his LSU days, loved to see him break loose. 

I get the angst by some, count me in the group that doesn't want a Callahan-Bruce Allen 2020 tandem.  But I suspect the rest of the season doesn't end up hot so I don't think Bruce ends up bailed by this one.  I predicted a close game so am not shocked about the victory.

My main concern now is the Giants don't end up with Chase Young -- there would certainly be some historical poetry for them to end up with him.  Same team who had Taylor and Strahan it would make sense for them to add who some say is the best defensive player coming out of the draft in many years. 

1 hour ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

If you want to call bitter all those that are concerned about a future with BA and Callahan due to a few wins against backup qbs, fine, I’ll take that label.  

Back-up QB’s ..... beaten by a 4 game starting raw rookie. On a team missing it’s all-pro LT, two top TE’s, and playing fellow rooks at WR.

Makes that point totally and utterly redundant.

Hail.

1 minute ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

Back-up QB’s ..... beaten by a 4 game starting raw rookie.

Makes that point totally and utterly redundant.

Hail.

What round were they all drafted in?

I’m actually encouraged by DHs play today and I did enjoy the win but if BA is still in charge in January, I’m going to curse these wins. 

22 minutes ago, Stadium-Armory said:

We ran the ball on the 27th ranked run defense. Let's not get carried away. We are no closer.

That's fair but how many times have we made the other teams weakest unit look like Super Bowel champions - or worse come out with a game plan to attack their strength instead of their weakness. 

This is little more than a single win against an average to below average football team. But it is a win and the numbers are the numbers. WHy not enjoy it. 

Also, there were some encouraging signs - many of the young guys played well. The WR trio of McClaurin, Harmon, and SIms is looking like a really solid group. Haskins made some nice plays and did not really make a lot of mistakes. He missed a few reads but he stayed away from the big mistakes. He also showed some poise extending some plays and making a few critical completions. As a rookie the best you can hope many times is they do nto lose the game for you and he stayed away from that and was able to make some positive contributions on some critical plays. And the D made some adjustments that Carolina could not recover from. Now I wish they kept their foot on the peddle but still they did a nice job. I do like Guice converting on those 2 1st and goals. No drama just get it in the EZ - great blocking too. Guice overall ran with passion and force. If he can stay healthy he will be what many of us thought he could be when they drafted him. 

On the flip side - Yes he made some positive strides but Haskins is still very far away from being even a serviceable starter long term. He has a lot of work still. That special teams gaff is inexusable. Even if you don;t think they are trying an on-side, have to tell that front line to look ball first then block. So what if we get it at the 15. You need possession to make them waste thier TOs. Inexcusable. And the D needs to have a better game plan to start - can't give up 14 pts to start the game. 

2 minutes ago, SkinFanInMinn said:

What round were they all drafted in?

I’m actually encouraged by DHs play today and I did enjoy the win but if BA is still in charge in January, I’m going to curse these wins. 

‘Sake man give it up already.

You’re just narking for narkings sake. Which would be hilarious if it was an opposition fan trolling.

But you aren’t. Which make the fume all the more bizarre?

All things considered we played a Hell of a game and won our second in a row. 

Relish it. It’s what being a fan is ALL about.

Hail.

Archived